[Support] Linuxserver.io - Mylar

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyway to get this to use the development branch of mylar?

No

Yes  :P

I just changed /etc/my_init.d/30_update.sh to add the change branch, so

cd /app/mylar

git pull

git checkout development

chown -R abc:abc /app

?

Works fine :)

OK, but for the record, this is unsupported....  Any problems and the party line is going to be nuke and pave and reinstall the master branch.....

Just so we all know where we stand...  ;)

Is there anyway to get this to use the development branch of mylar?

No

Yes  :P

I just changed /etc/my_init.d/30_update.sh to add the change branch, so

cd /app/mylar

git pull

git checkout development

chown -R abc:abc /app

?

Works fine :)

OK, but for the record, this is unsupported....  Any problems and the party line is going to be nuke and pave and reinstall the master branch.....

i don't understand the desire to practically purposefully break something by messing about with dev branches.

plus you regress just as much as you gain sometimes. stupid.

i don't understand the desire to practically purposefully break something by messing about with dev branches.

Please don't take this as me trying to be a jerk or antagonistic, because I do respect  differences of opinion and such, and the work you have done (both the linuxserver.io people and sparklyballs'), but when I see a line saying working with dev branches is stupid, and right under that statement is a link to beta branches in your sig, Kiiinda makes me go Hmmmm. :D Yes I do understand the differences between dev and beta (20+ years dealing with software and hardware development), and yes I agree using dev branches is risky, but someone asked if it could be done. I agree with CHBMB, it will 'void the warranty', and maybe I should have stated that in my reply. But to tell someone it is stupid without knowing that person's reasoning is, to me, well, stupid. And I would Love to see the ls.io people throw in a DEVELOPMENT flag option in the next release (+/- 4 lines of code would do it, as they have done in some of their other containers).

Again, I don't mean to come off as an ass. I really do like the work put into all this. Making it easier for people to get into this stuff and getting more people using an FOSS solution for life is good stuff.

Please don't take this as me trying to be a jerk or antagonistic, because I do respect  differences of opinion and such, and the work you have done (both the linuxserver.io people and sparklyballs'), but when I see a line saying working with dev branches is stupid, and right under that statement is a link to beta branches in your sig, Kiiinda makes me go Hmmmm. :D Yes I do understand the differences between dev and beta (20+ years dealing with software and hardware development), and yes I agree using dev branches is risky, but someone asked if it could be done. I agree with CHBMB, it will 'void the warranty', and maybe I should have stated that in my reply. But to tell someone it is stupid without knowing that person's reasoning is, to me, well, stupid. And I would Love to see the ls.io people throw in a DEVELOPMENT flag option in the next release (+/- 4 lines of code would do it, as they have done in some of their other containers).

Again, I don't mean to come off as an ass. I really do like the work put into all this. Making it easier for people to get into this stuff and getting more people using an FOSS solution for life is good stuff.

who said anything about anyone's reasoning, my personal opinion was stated.

Anyone running this on a non default port of 8090?  I am trying to run it on 8088 and I can never get the webgui to come up.    Any ideas?  Its like its ignoring my changes, and still trying on 8090

Never change the port via the webui inside the container, just remap the port via the docker setup on the host side only.

Anyone running this on a non default port of 8090?  I am trying to run it on 8088 and I can never get the webgui to come up.    Any ideas?  Its like its ignoring my changes, and still trying on 8090

Never change the port via the webui inside the container, just remap the port via the docker setup on the host side only.

I am pretty sure thats all I did, was edit the port# during the Docker setup.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't.... ;)

Long standing bug in dockerMan where after the container is created, any changes to the webUI do not take effect on the drop downs

Which is why I stated...

Working for me

yZKbKmm.jpg

I'm pretty sure it wasn't.... ;)

Long standing bug in dockerMan where after the container is created, any changes to the webUI do not take effect on the drop downs

Which is why I stated...

Working for me

yZKbKmm.jpg

Wow...  Shades of Mrs Squid again pointing out how I don't pay attention  ???

Wow...  Shades of Mrs Squid again pointing out how I don't pay attention  ???

Less of your lip or your dinner will be in the dog....  ;D

Dog's getting filet mignon tonight while I'm getting leftover pizza  >:(

Yeah, but even bad pizza is still pizza....  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Thanks for this. One problem, when you set /config to a mapped directory, rather than using the directory you specified, it creates another subdirectory called 'mylar'.  Can this be changed so it just uses the one i specified in the docker config for the mapping?

Coming from another docker to this one, I can't seem to get it to use the current DB and files without having to move everything into a unneeded subfolder.

(Not sure if thats mylar or the docker container doing it)

EDIT:  Forget it, i just moved my files into that new folder.  Got the old DB working again.  Still hoping ComicTagger can be added to this :)

EDIT 2: Seems comic tagger is already there but "configparser" is missing.

• 1 month later...

First - thanks for making this available. Much appreciated.

I have been trying to get it working and am getting close. I am trying to solve two issues.

Issue ONE

I get the following message in the Mylar Log:

2016-05-07 17:06:29 ERROR Could not change permissions : /config/mylar/cache. Exiting...

I am not sure how serious it is as the targeted comic is still snatched. Obviously some kind of permission issue but as far as I can see, all my permissions are good? All my main dockers are Linuxserver.io dockers and all are working fine?

Issue TWO

I get the following message in the NZBGET log (I am running the Linuxserver.io docker):

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Collection New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire added to history

error Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Post-process-script ComicRN.py for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire failed (terminated with unknown status)

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Unable to open URL: [Errno socket error] [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Opening URL: http://localhost:8090/post_process?nzb_ ... rnn-Empire

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Loading config from /downloads/scripts/autoProcessComics.cfg

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Executing post-process-script ComicRN.py for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Move for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire successful

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Moving file New Suicide Squad Vol 01 018 (2016) (HD) (Digital) (Thornn-Empire).cbr to /downloads/completed/New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire

Any ideas? I read some posts in the mylar forums and I think the above may have something to do with SSL? But I have looked at my .cfg files and ssl=0 so not sure if that is an issue or not.

Happy to provide more information and I will keep messing around trying to fix it. Thanks!

First - thanks for making this available. Much appreciated.

I have been trying to get it working and am getting close. I am trying to solve two issues.

Issue ONE

I get the following message in the Mylar Log:

2016-05-07 17:06:29 ERROR Could not change permissions : /config/mylar/cache. Exiting...

I am not sure how serious it is as the targeted comic is still snatched. Obviously some kind of permission issue but as far as I can see, all my permissions are good? All my main dockers are Linuxserver.io dockers and all are working fine?

Did you compare permissions on the unraid server between docker dirs?

Issue TWO

I get the following message in the NZBGET log (I am running the Linuxserver.io docker):

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Collection New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire added to history

error Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Post-process-script ComicRN.py for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire failed (terminated with unknown status)

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Unable to open URL: [Errno socket error] [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Opening URL: http://localhost:8090/post_process?nzb_ ... rnn-Empire

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 ComicRN: Loading config from /downloads/scripts/autoProcessComics.cfg

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Executing post-process-script ComicRN.py for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Move for New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire successful

info Sun May 08 2016 11:34:44 Moving file New Suicide Squad Vol 01 018 (2016) (HD) (Digital) (Thornn-Empire).cbr to /downloads/completed/New.Suicide.Squad.Vol.01.018.2016.HD.Digital.Thornn-Empire

Any ideas? I read some posts in the mylar forums and I think the above may have something to do with SSL? But I have looked at my .cfg files and ssl=0 so not sure if that is an issue or not.

Happy to provide more information and I will keep messing around trying to fix it. Thanks!

You can't use localhost for docker apps, has to be either the ip or hostname of the unraid system.

Hope that helps :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had some trouble updating mylar to update.  The web gui tells me there is a newer version available with 33 new commits.  I hit the update option, the web gui goes to an updating page, and then shows me that none of the updates have been applied.

Log file gives me this error:

2016-09-22 11:04:37 WARNING Could not get the latest commit from github

2016-09-22 11:04:36 INFO Retrieving latest version information from github

I've got it set yp pull from the development branch.

I've tried deleting the docker and re-adding it.  I've tried creating a new appadata directory with no change.

Suggestions?

I've had some trouble updating mylar to update.  The web gui tells me there is a newer version available with 33 new commits.  I hit the update option, the web gui goes to an updating page, and then shows me that none of the updates have been applied.

Log file gives me this error:

2016-09-22 11:04:37 WARNING Could not get the latest commit from github

2016-09-22 11:04:36 INFO Retrieving latest version information from github

I've got it set yp pull from the development branch.

I've tried deleting the docker and re-adding it.  I've tried creating a new appadata directory with no change.

Suggestions?

it is development branch and the docker is set up to use the master branch. we don't support that.

• 4 months later...

Every restart of the mylar docker seems to wipe the /app/mylar/cache folder (since its inside the docker and refreshed on each reboot). This cache directory holds the images used by the app, and are not re-downloaded on reboot.  I recommend having /app/mylar/cache folder mapped into the config directory, say /config/mylar/cache, after each git clone command.  Is it possible to update that so the images cache isn't lost every reboot?

EDIT:  cache_dir = /app/mylar/cache/    can be set to /config/mylar/cache by default so new installs won't run into this. Doesn't look like its configurable from the Mylar GUI.