[Support] Linuxserver.io - Mylar

Every restart of the mylar docker seems to wipe the /app/mylar/cache folder (since its inside the docker and refreshed on each reboot). This cache directory holds the images used by the app, and are not re-downloaded on reboot.  I recommend having /app/mylar/cache folder mapped into the config directory, say /config/mylar/cache, after each git clone command.  Is it possible to update that so the images cache isn't lost every reboot?

EDIT:  cache_dir = /app/mylar/cache/    can be set to /config/mylar/cache by default so new installs won't run into this. Doesn't look like its configurable from the Mylar GUI.

Hmmm, seems you're right but what's interesting is we actually followed the scheme here and specify the cache dir on startup.  Unless I'm missing something.  ???

Every restart of the mylar docker seems to wipe the /app/mylar/cache folder (since its inside the docker and refreshed on each reboot). This cache directory holds the images used by the app, and are not re-downloaded on reboot.  I recommend having /app/mylar/cache folder mapped into the config directory, say /config/mylar/cache, after each git clone command.  Is it possible to update that so the images cache isn't lost every reboot?

EDIT:  cache_dir = /app/mylar/cache/    can be set to /config/mylar/cache by default so new installs won't run into this. Doesn't look like its configurable from the Mylar GUI.

Hmmm, seems you're right but what's interesting is we actually followed the scheme here and specify the cache dir on startup.  Unless I'm missing something.  ???

It would seem the cache dir does not follow the data-dir switch. Luckily manually setting it seems to work.  :)

It would seem the cache dir does not follow the data-dir switch. Luckily manually setting it seems to work.  :)

Yep, seems this is a Mylar bug

• 3 weeks later...

hi, mylar setup and working great...trying to use a nginx reverse proxy but as its not supported in mylar settings I added URL_BASE=mylar to environment in docker but that doesn't work.

Nginx is correctly setup as I accessed mylar fine on a windows PC via the reverse proxy - have I misunderstood something??

:-)

1 hour ago, MikeyP said:

hi, mylar setup and working great...trying to use a nginx reverse proxy but as its not supported in mylar settings I added URL_BASE=mylar to environment in docker but that doesn't work.

Nginx is correctly setup as I accessed mylar fine on a windows PC via the reverse proxy - have I misunderstood something??

:-)

Bit confused, you're right that variable isn't supported in Mylar, nor is it needed.  You say reverse proxy isn't working, then you say it is working via your windows PC.  Regardless, here's how to do what you want.

# Mylar
# https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-mylar
#
# WITH THE CONTAINER STOPPED
#
# Edit /config/config.ini and change line 14 (by default)
# from http_root = /
# to http_root = /mylar
#

location ^~ /mylar {
    proxy_pass http://10.1.1.3:8090/mylar;
    include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	
}

It's always helpful when you're asking for help with things like this to post what code you've already got.  Luckily I knew Mylar's setup, but details of what you've already done are invaluable.

On 20/03/2017 at 8:28 PM, CHBMB said:

@methanoid, looking here it would appear comictagger is included in mylar by default.  Not  being familiar with mylar I can't say much more than that. :S

Thanks. Will see if I can get working but does warn you need configparser installed? I'll report back later

1 minute ago, methanoid said:

Thanks. Will see if I can get working but does warn you need configparser installed? I'll report back later

From the first post of that link.......

ConfigParser is NO LONGER required for usage of ComicTagger (at least the one that comes with Mylar).

• 4 months later...

What's going on here:

drwxrwxr-x 12 mylar      media    4096 Jul 27 22:16  ..

Background: I have several containers with different images. All containers have their config directories under /home/config....ie:

/home/config/sonarr

/home/config/radarr     etc. owned by their respective user sonarr - sonarr, radarr - radarr....

Mylar keeps claiming ownership of all of my config directories??

drwxrwxr-x  4 mylar      media 4096 Jul 28 00:56 mylar
drwxrwxr-x  4 mylar       media 4096 Jul 28 01:16 ombi
drwxrwxr-x  2 mylar       media 4096 Jul 25 13:16 plex

Not sure why it would be doing this?

• 3 months later...

Wondering if anyone can help me with the ComicRN script?  I have it working fine on my windows build, and am moving everything to an Unraid build. Mylar is up and running, file grabs work fine and get sent to sabnzbd for download but I can't get the script to work.

For the config file, I've tried three different host options:

1) localhost - gives me a sabnzbd error saying "[Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol".  Sounds like this is normal as localhost isn't supported on unraid (?)

2) 0.0.0.0 -  gives me a error saying "[Errno 111] Connection refused".

3) local ip address address of the unraid server (ie 192.168.100.114). This just hangs in sabnzbd saying running script and nothing happens.  I have to restart the sabnzbd docker to get past this item for any other download to work.  leaves me with a download failed message.  I'm at least able to manually grab the files from the completed folder for now.

Any ideas what's going on here?  would be happy to post screenshots / logs for anything that might help.

• 2 weeks later...

hello  i am getting errors trying to add a comic to mylar.

here are the errors i am seeing thanks

2017-12-06 17:12:07 WARNING Error trying to validate/create directory. Aborting this process at this time.
2017-12-06 17:12:07 WARNING [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not create directory: /mnt/user/media/comics/The.Flash.(2016)[[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/user']. Aborting.
2017-12-06 17:12:07 INFO [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /mnt/user/media/comics/The.Flash.(2016)
2017-12-06 17:12:07 WARNING

[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /mnt/user/media/comics/The.Flash.(2016)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to unraid and mylar. I was able to successfully setup sonarr, radarr, and plex so far without too many problems. Now I am trying to setup mylar. I keep running in what appears to be a bug, but I'm not sure. I am able to fill out all the setting, but when I go to try to download and/or view a comic I run into issues. At any point whenever I click on Wanted it is always empty. Also, when I click on 'This week' and when I attempt to add a comic by clicking on +add, it turns red and it says 'wanted'. Wanted is still blank when I go to it. In 'This week' when I click on the title of a red color comic it takes me to the comic id page. This is where it gets buggy. I have my api for comicvine setup correctly. The comic title or any other information doesn't seem to populate. While on these pages it keep spamming me messages with DataTables warning (table id = 'issue_table'): Cannot reinitialize DataTable. I haven't been able to download anything or view any comics yet. I'll provide you with whatever information that may help fix this. 

/downloads  /mnt/cache/Downloads/
/comics  /mnt/user/Media/Comics/
/config  /mnt/user/appdata/mylar

2018-01-18 22:48:47	WARNING	Error trying to validate/create directory. Aborting this process at this time.
2018-01-18 22:48:47	WARNING	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not create directory: /Comics/Mr. Crypt (2017)[[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Comics']. Aborting.
2018-01-18 22:48:47	INFO	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /Comics/Mr. Crypt (2017)
2018-01-18 22:48:47	WARNING	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /Comics/Mr. Crypt (2017)
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	new folder format: $Series ($Year)
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	No version # found for series, removing from folder format
2018-01-18 22:48:47	INFO	Previous version detected as None - seeing if update required
2018-01-18 22:48:47	INFO	Sucessfully retrieved details for Mr. Crypt
2018-01-18 22:48:47	INFO	Now adding/updating: Mr. Crypt
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	comic[ComicVersion]:None
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	vari is set to: yes
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	number of issues CV says it has: 0
2018-01-18 22:48:47	DEBUG	number of issues I counted: 1
2018-01-18 22:48:45	INFO	Attempting to add directly by ComicVineID: 100895

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/mylar/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/app/mylar/lib/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 228, in __call__
    ct.params['charset'] = self.find_acceptable_charset()
  File "/app/mylar/lib/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 134, in find_acceptable_charset
    if encoder(encoding):
  File "/app/mylar/lib/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 86, in encode_string
    for chunk in self.body:
  File "/app/mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 3640, in ThreadcomicScan
    yield ckh[0]['result']
NameError: global name 'ckh' is not defined

Above, this popped up while trying to do an import.

Version: 053626a96bd1a8601b2ca87066261408e8c1cd30 (master)

Following same step from previous post, I get the same errors below. I still can't 'load' a comic nor download one.

2018-01-20 05:28:13	WARNING	Error trying to validate/create directory. Aborting this process at this time.
2018-01-20 05:28:13	WARNING	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not create directory: /Comics/Star Wars Adventures (2017)[[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Comics']. Aborting.
2018-01-20 05:28:13	INFO	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /Comics/Star Wars Adventures (2017)
2018-01-20 05:28:13	WARNING	[DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /Comics/Star Wars Adventures (2017)
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	new folder format: $Series ($Year)
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	No version # found for series, removing from folder format
2018-01-20 05:28:13	INFO	Previous version detected as None - seeing if update required
2018-01-20 05:28:13	INFO	Sucessfully retrieved details for Star Wars Adventures
2018-01-20 05:28:13	INFO	Now adding/updating: Star Wars Adventures
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	comic[ComicVersion]:None
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	vari is set to: yes
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	number of issues CV says it has: 5
2018-01-20 05:28:13	DEBUG	number of issues I counted: 6
2018-01-20 05:28:10	INFO	Attempting to add directly by ComicVineID: 104029
2018-01-20 05:27:58	DEBUG	Refreshing the series and pulling in new data using only CV.
2018-01-20 05:27:58	DEBUG	No issue data available. This is Whack.
2018-01-20 05:27:58	DEBUG	Gathering the status of all issues for the series.
2018-01-20 05:27:58	DEBUG	CV_OneTimer option enabled...
2018-01-20 05:27:58	INFO	[1/1] Refreshing :Comic ID: 85749 (None) [85749]
2018-01-20 05:27:58	ERROR	Comic ID: 85749 failed during a previous add /refresh as it has no Last Update timestamp. Forcing refresh now.
2018-01-20 05:27:58	DEBUG	Refresh sequence set to fire every 5 minutes for 7 day(s)
2018-01-20 05:27:07	DEBUG	If you read this message, debug logging is available
2018-01-20 05:27:07	INFO	Verbose toggled, set to True

On 3/9/2017 at 1:50 PM, CHBMB said:

Bit confused, you're right that variable isn't supported in Mylar, nor is it needed.  You say reverse proxy isn't working, then you say it is working via your windows PC.  Regardless, here's how to do what you want.

# Mylar
# https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-mylar
#
# WITH THE CONTAINER STOPPED
#
# Edit /config/config.ini and change line 14 (by default)
# from http_root = /
# to http_root = /mylar
#

location ^~ /mylar {
    proxy_pass http://10.1.1.3:8090/mylar;
    include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	
}

It's always helpful when you're asking for help with things like this to post what code you've already got.  Luckily I knew Mylar's setup, but details of what you've already done are invaluable.

I have my reverse proxy setup like this and it works great - the issue I am having is that no matter what I try - when I change the WEBUI address in the Docker setup like this:

http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/mylar and restart the docker I can use the local docker webui to get to the program as well as the remote reverse proxy.

For some reason this WEBUI is being erased and reset back to http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/ so the local access obviously won't work anymore.

Very strange indeed - I have several dockers that do the same thing for me Mylar, Headphones, Plexpy - these all reset themselves back to the template on me.

I have even tried to change the templates on my flash drive in the xml files in the DockerMan/templates-user but they keep reverting to the default address.

Not a huge deal but it is driving me nuts why they won't change and stay changed.

I removed one of the docker completely and pulled a new template - altering it as I installed it - and it still reverted to the original WEBUI address.

Dockers like Sonnar, Radarr, Deluge, Rtorrent, Jackett all accept changes ...

Any suggestions?

Dwight

6 hours ago, dstanley said:

I have my reverse proxy setup like this and it works great - the issue I am having is that no matter what I try - when I change the WEBUI address in the Docker setup like this:

http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/mylar and restart the docker I can use the local docker webui to get to the program as well as the remote reverse proxy.

For some reason this WEBUI is being erased and reset back to http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/ so the local access obviously won't work anymore.

Very strange indeed - I have several dockers that do the same thing for me Mylar, Headphones, Plexpy - these all reset themselves back to the template on me.

I have even tried to change the templates on my flash drive in the xml files in the DockerMan/templates-user but they keep reverting to the default address.

Not a huge deal but it is driving me nuts why they won't change and stay changed.

I removed one of the docker completely and pulled a new template - altering it as I installed it - and it still reverted to the original WEBUI address.

Dockers like Sonnar, Radarr, Deluge, Rtorrent, Jackett all accept changes ...

Any suggestions?

Dwight

This is slightly strange, I wonder if @Squid might be able to shed some light on it.  I suspect it's something to do with updating XMLs automatically.

• Like 1