[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jackett

Looking at my logs since my last post and it appears that jacket is still working from a search point of view, I am still seeing logs for results found. But I can't access the admin dashboard.

Tried clearing your browser cache?

Hi CHBMB,

Yep, I also tried an alternative browser without any luck.

I might just delete the container and config, then set up again.

Thanks,

Wob

OK, there seems to be a problem with the Admin Password.

I did a fresh install, first thing I did was set a Admin Password, then when I log back in it gives me the above mentioned errors.

Remove the password from ServerConfig.json and it works again.

Different password didn't make any difference.

I restored my old config, removed the password and it all works.

I don't expose my Jackett externally so I am just leaving it without a password set.

Wob.

I did a fresh install, first thing I did was set a Admin Password, then when I log back in it gives me the above mentioned errors.

I don't expose my Jackett externally so I am just leaving it without a password set.

Wob.

I can't reproduce this behaviour, just pulled this to test and set a password and it's working....  :-\

Are you changing anything else other than the password? Not changing the base path override or anything else?

Wob.

I can't reproduce this behaviour, just pulled this to test and set a password and it's working....  :-\

Are you changing anything else other than the password? Not changing the base path override or anything else?

I also can set a password and log in and out etc...

OK, not sure what was going on.

I pulled down a fresh version, with all the defaults to test.

Worked fine.

Reloaded with my existing configs, set a password, and it is working again.

It may have been something to do with the URL I was entering. I am using a base path override (although since I am not actually reverse proxying jackett I could turn that off)

If I go to http://server:9117/ it redirects to http://server:9117/jackett/Admin/Dashboard and is working fine.

if I go to http://server:9117/jackett/ then I get the interface but with the error, so I am guessing you need to go to the base path and let the redirect kick in.

So note, don't add base path unless you are going to specify the full path.

Thanks,

Wob

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to add your own private trackers to this docker? I am trying to follow a tutorial that involves adding a file to the 'src/Jackett/Indexers/' folder and editing Jackett.csproj but those aren't within the config folder and I'm not seeing them when I look into the actual docker as well. Is there anyway I can achieve this?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues, hopefully you guys can help.

My configuration is set as below on the Jackett admin page:

XYTFDkq.png

My container is set up as follows:

uD3wfTo.png

If I run a manual search and select "download locally" the torrent is sent to deluge, however if I select "save to server blackhole directory" I get the error "request to jacket server failed" on the screen, but no mention in the logs.

Additionally, if I run a search in sonarr I get shown releases from my indexer, but selecting them for download gives the error "invalid torrent file specified"

Any help would be appreciated.

RE my above post, consider is SOLVED.

The problem was quite simple: I use nginx to reverse proxy my various application interfaces to subdomains which are accessible over the internet. Because of this, Jackett was generating a torznab host address of the form https://jacket.mydomain.com/. Simply changing this to my local IP address when adding it to Sonarr (eg http://10.0.1.7:port/) solved the problem.

I was planning to look at this over the next few days, and this is a great example of why it's imperative to post the exact details of your setup, because if an issue can't be replicated, then it can't be solved...

Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes Jackett Docker will just randomly stop responding and I need to restart the docker.

This is the last log line before it needs to be restarted:

Error Top level exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Address already in use

I am also having this issue. I have a friend running it on windows and he does not have this issue. What code do I need to restart the docker from the command line? It seems to happen every few days and I only find out because sonarr tells me it can't contact any trackers. I don't mind using cron as a work around and restart it every 6 hours or so.

• 1 month later...