both my unraid servers having network problems

In the big snow/windstorm here over the weekend we lost power. And of course both my servers were not hooked to a UPS. I have been running both servers without problems since 2011 until now. When the power came back on and I rebooted, both servers showed up just fine as "shared" on my Mac. I was able to begin streaming video from each but after a few minutes it would always freeze. it didn't matter what device i tried to stream it through. Also, I could reach each server through the web UI but only sometimes. When I do get on the web UI, I can only access parts of it randomly. And, I can't really open different folders through OS X on my mac as I always do. All other devices on my home network are running fine though ethernet. and all other electronics in the house are fine. But both my servers are acting up in the same fashion.

I have experimented with one server but no luck. I have:

-reformatted the usb and reinstalled unraid without plugins, etc a few times

-replaced the network.cfg file

-ethtools eth0 and if config look fine.

-went through the BIOS and checked the settings.

I will attach a diagnostics zip. Any Ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks

mjls-server-diagnostics-20160125-2246.zip

mjls-server-diagnostics-20160125-2246.zip

In the big snow/windstorm here over the weekend we lost power. And of course both my servers were not hooked to a UPS. I have been running both servers without problems since 2011 until now. When the power came back on and I rebooted, both servers showed up just fine as "shared" on my Mac. I was able to begin streaming video from each but after a few minutes it would always freeze. it didn't matter what device i tried to stream it through. Also, I could reach each server through the web UI but only sometimes. When I do get on the web UI, I can only access parts of it randomly. And, I can't really open different folders through OS X on my mac as I always do. All other devices on my home network are running fine though ethernet. and all other electronics in the house are fine. But both my servers are acting up in the same fashion.

I have experimented with one server but no luck. I have:

-reformatted the usb and reinstalled unraid without plugins, etc a few times

-replaced the network.cfg file

-ethtools eth0 and if config look fine.

-went through the BIOS and checked the settings.

I will attach a diagnostics zip. Any Ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks

Your diagnostics appear to be pulled freshly after the server booted.  I don't see any messages that indicate unRAID is having a problem.  Check your network equipment.

I finally figured it out. When everything came back on after the outage, a couple of my Dvrs hijacked the two unraid servers static ip addresses. So, I had both the servers and the Dvrs attempting to share the same ip.

Can you not allocate the IP addresses on your router to stop it happening again?

I finally figured it out. When everything came back on after the outage, a couple of my Dvrs hijacked the two unraid servers static ip addresses. So, I had both the servers and the Dvrs attempting to share the same ip.

My suggestion is an expansion on what CHBMB had to say. 

Get out (or download) the manual for your router.  Find out what is the range of addresses that are being used by the DHCP process.  Then take at look at how it assigns addresses.  (All of the routers that I have seen start at the bottom of the range and work up from there.)  You may have to look to see what addresses are assigned using the router's GUI.  Then go to the other end of the range and assign the IP addresses for your servers there. 

You could try to reserve the static IP addresses on the router so that the DHCP process doesn't use them but I did have problems with trying to do this in the past with an old router which had only a few reservation slots.  By the way, it might be a good idea to write down those static address in your router manual so that you can keep track of them.