Full disks, new disk getting ready. Will it share over to new disk ?

Nortrek

My disks is now on 99 to 100% full, couple hundred gigs left on the raid server.

I am now adding a new disk, when i expanding with the new disk, will it unload from all the full disk to the new one so they will not stay fully loaded ?

No - unRAID never moves files of its own accord.    If you want files to be moved then you have to do it manually.

Just make sure you move files on the disk shares not the user shares. Mixing/Moving User Shares to Disk Shares or vice versa can really mess things up. 

/mnt/disk1/Movies/ ---> /mnt/disk2/Movies/

not

/user/Movies/ ----> /disk2/Movies/ or vice versa

Really not that hard thou. Create a folder on your new drive with the same structure of what your trying to dupicate, then include it in your settings.

Yes the parity drive updates as you move things.

Hi

I am trying to remember and digging in the sharing settings to try to get the disk shares.

Can remember i seen a settings i did where i saw every disk before i set up windows user share.

Could you give me a wink in the small direction where i can find these settings, or maybe link to a guide/post ?

Would be really helpful

Hi

I am trying to remember and digging in the sharing settings to try to get the disk shares.

Can remember i seen a settings i did where i saw every disk before i set up windows user share.

Could you give me a wink in the small direction where i can find these settings, or maybe link to a guide/post ?

Would be really helpful

Global Share Settings. Recommend you disable disk shares after you are done so you don't later accidentally do what kizer warned against.

Thank you both, i think i know what i need to do in there after you pointed me to Global share settings.

Waiting for the preclear to get finished, then i will rebuild the new parity disk, move the old parity disk over to data disk and try to free up space from the disks.

But is there anything wrong of having full closed disks ?

Since i get mail from the server complaining about full disks.

But is there anything wrong of having full closed disks ?

Nothing wrong with this as an approach - some people prefer to fill each disk up in turn.

Since i get mail from the server complaining about full disks.

You can adjust the trigger levels at the individual disk level so you can stop these warnings appearing for disks that you do not want to be told about.