kernel 4.3 and skylake support

Hi,

I was wondering if unraid 6.2 will have linux kernel 4.3 in it as the version now is  Linux 4.1.15-unRAID x86_64.

i ask because i have had some trouble with an acpi error when unraid loads which fills my log every time to 133 megs.(http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45920.msg438821#msg438821)

I have an asrock z170m extreme 4 motherboad and emailed asrock support about the error.

They suggest it maybe beause the kernel we use doesnt have full skylake support.

This is what they said

Hello,

This motherboard is ACPI compliant.

There is a BIOS update available with new microcode for the CPU. Maybe that helps.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
Please update the BIOS via Instant Flash:
1.            Please unpack the ZIP or RAR file.
2.            Take or prepare a USB flash drive which is formatted as FAT32.
3.            Copy the unpacked file to the USB flash drive.
4.            Connect it to a (black) USB2.0 port.
5.            Please start Instant Flash from within the BIOS. Or press F6 repeatedly during bootup to start Instant Flash.
6.            The system might restart automatically, or you might have to press a key to restart.
7.            Depending on the BIOS update, the system might restart automatically a few times. Just give it some time.
8.            Wait until all restarts have finished and the system stops booting.
9.            Now you can remove the USB flash drive.
10.          After the BIOS update, the system will initially use default BIOS settings.

Linux kernel 4.3 introduced proper Skylake support. Please try the newer kernel. Or try a Windows 10 installation, just as a test.

Thanks,
ASRock Support

ASRock Europe B.V.
Bijsterhuizen 1111
6546AR Nijmegen
The Netherlands