$90 Xeon E5-2670 2.6Ghz (8cores / 16threads)

Does anyone have any experience with modifying the .SDR file for the Intel 2600 CP (From the popular Natex combo). I'm working on modifying the curves for the CPU fan (I would like a lower idle speed), however I'm encountering some difficulty in identifying the part of the file that needs to be changed to affect only the CPU Fan, and not the system fans. It seems the lines 10585-10591

// Global Stepwise Curve Record
   5B             // Stepwise Curve ID
   02             // Domain max and Count [7]-Domain Max (0=no) [6:0]-Count 
   1E             // 30C
   19             // 25%
   78             // 120C
   64             // 100%

Control the curves for the case fans on the "Other chassis - Slow Ramp" setting, however these values have no effect on the CPU fan. I've found the following to be helpful, but no success so far:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/100324?start=0&tstart=0

http://sigg-iten.ch/learningbits/2015/07/19/fan-sdr-hacking-for-the-intel-s1200v3rp/

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/intel-xeon-e5-2670-deal-and-price-tracking.7133/page-72

My fellow brothers and sisters, I have ascended and now join your ranks.

hcTajWp.png

The next plan is to get more RAM, more HDDs and SSDs.

Then when it gets released, get a GTX1080ti and turn this beast into a server and gaming platform.

Sweet!  Curious how you get the other Ethernet connections to show up on the dashboard.  Mine only shows 1 and it's the one connected.

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, it's been a long read. Has anybody come across the issue where the Launch Console button is greyed out in the bmc remote control? I was able to enable the button by editing the html and then launch the java app, but I'm unable to get any control working. I just get an error saying "Error opening video socket"

I ordered dual as well. Haven't ordered a board yet, but leaning towards the ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16.  16 dimms,  4 ethernet, ipmi, 5 pci-e slots, 14 sata.  I'm tempted by the version with 10gbit networking, but price premium is too much,  plus I'd have to upgrade most of my network hardware, plus I have no driving reason for it other than to have it ;-)

I have the ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16 and fired it up yesterday after receiving two e5-2670's that were snatched from ebay. Easy to setup and all seems good so far on Memtests.

How loud is your system with 2 CPU/ fans?

For the people who bought the S2600CP combo -- are you have issues with network connections?

My main VM is having trouble resolving sites -- I often have to press reload to get it to load. Sites load up broken / half text. Accessing tower webgui from separate computer is also temperamental. Trying to figure out if it is the something with my settings or if I just need a better switch.

For the people who bought the S2600CP combo -- are you have issues with network connections?

My main VM is having trouble resolving sites -- I often have to press reload to get it to load. Sites load up broken / half text. Accessing tower webgui from separate computer is also temperamental. Trying to figure out if it is the something with my settings or if I just need a better switch.

So far I haven't noticed any issues. This is with about 30+ dockers running, but no VMs. Having to hit refresh like that and having half/text sounds like it could be dns issues, or it could be dropping connections like you're suggesting. You could try setting up a large download and see if it has issues. That may tell you if it's a bad connection.

hcTajWp.png

Then when it gets released, get a GTX1080ti and turn this beast into a server and gaming platform.

Sweet!  Curious how you get the other Ethernet connections to show up on the dashboard.  Mine only shows 1 and it's the one connected.

@BigWorm

Sorry for the late reply. The only thing I have done is going into the BIOS and configuring the North Bridge to allow VT-d. I haven't tried booting up unRAID with this option turned off.

I am running Unraid 6.1.9

Helllo,

A little late to the game, but I guess better late than never.  I am going to upgrade my Pentium 4 Unraid box with the following:

CPU SR0KX INTEL XEON E5-2670 8 CORE 2.60GHz

64 GB Ram [url=http://ebay.to/1qwcnEW

PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139083

Antec Nine Hundred V1 Case (I already owned it)

And one of the two MB's below.  (Are they basicaly the same?)  Is one better? 

MBD-X9DRL-IF-B

ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16

I would like to try a few (3) VM's and my 16TB (all 4TB) drives and one SSD cache drive

Thank you

David

hcTajWp.png

@BigWorm

Sorry for the late reply. The only thing I have done is going into the BIOS and configuring the North Bridge to allow VT-d. I haven't tried booting up unRAID with this option turned off.

Well crap.  I enabled VT-d but it messes up the Marvell controller and unraid can't seen anything connected to those ports.  At the moment I am using 2 of them.

@BigWorm

Well crap.  I enabled VT-d but it messes up the Marvell controller and unraid can't seen anything connected to those ports.  At the moment I am using 2 of them.

It should work if you add iommu=pt after append in your syslinux.cfg on the flash drive.

On the Natex Combo (S2600CP2) is there a limitation that only one NIC can be used at 1000Mb/s and the other must be 100Mb/s?

I was originally using eth1 at 1000MB/s and then I connected eth0 in preparation for bonding and I saw that eth0 was at 100Mb/s but thought that would resolve itself once I bonded the two NICs but that does not appear to be the case.

After I bonded the NICs I got the following

Network: bond0: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation

eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex

eth1: 100Mb/s - Full Duplex

So eth0 is now at 1000Mb/s but eth1 has switched to 100

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the controller?

On the Natex Combo (S2600CP2) is there a limitation that only one NIC can be used at 1000Mb/s and the other must be 100Mb/s?

I was originally using eth1 at 1000MB/s and then I connected eth0 in preparation for bonding and I saw that eth0 was at 100Mb/s but thought that would resolve itself once I bonded the two NICs but that does not appear to be the case.

After I bonded the NICs I got the following

Network: bond0: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation

eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex

eth1: 100Mb/s - Full Duplex

So eth0 is not at 1000Mb/s but eth1 has switched to 100

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the controller?

I don't have any of your equipment, so you'll get better answers from others that do.  But I just wanted to say a limitation like that is extremely unlikely.  It is far more likely you have network issues, such as a bad switch or bad cables or connectors or a bad NIC.

After many months consideration I ended up pulling the trigger and acquired 2 of the these CPUs, with the ASUS Z9PA-D8/iKVM board and some Noctua NH-U12DX i4 coolers. i was lucky to pick up some PC10600R ram cheap (48 GB)

My reasons for going with this combo.

I was using the Fractal Design - Define R4 and was happy with it (sits vertically on a shelf), i have no room for bigger cases (for SSI EEB), so it had to be ATX

I wanted PCIE 3.0 x16 slots for playing around with replacing my gaming/desktop PC later on (other ATX motherboard options was very limited).

I wanted enough PCIE ports to add a HBA and other cards for more Video card pass through (replace my HTPC)

I wanted IPMI functionality.

It had to be 2 CPUs for it to be worth it replacing my E3 haswell with Supermicro X10SL7-F (meaning i had to add a HBA as well)

In the end i am happy with my choice even if i don't think it is the same quality as my previous SM board and i do observe added heat from the 2 CPUs with higher TDP and doesn't have Haswell efficiency, so my drive temps in general has gone up to an average of 40c with several drives spun up, but since they are WD reds they should be able to cope fine with this.

Observations. the CPUs boots often to 3.0-3.1 Ghz on all cores. Temperatures is average 45c/62c (idle/load)

how are you guys monitoring cpu temps?

I'm certain someone more knowledgeable can give you a better answer but all I did was install Dynamix System Temperature and PERL. After that it is pretty simple -- Settings will now have a system temperature option you go to it press Detect and the only sensor mine detect was coretemp so you press save. After that just select which of them you want to display and save. Once you've detected the sensor you should then remove PERL unless you need it for something else.

My CPU temp is usually 39 -- I don't do much that is taxing. I have a bunch of VMs but no transcoding or anything like that.

I'm using the ipmi plugin (assuming your board has ipmi). It can put the temps in the footer of the unraid gui

I have the Natex S2600CPJ i need to look at the manual, but thanks for the suggestions.

As Naldinho already mentioned, just install the Dynamix system temp plugin and Perl (first run only).  Grab the temps you want displayed and they'll show up in the footer of the Dynamix UnRAID webgui.  I noticed CPU2 runs hotter than CPU1 in my config so I picked it and the board temp to display.  Works great.

Well crafted I Google that plug in and it pull up old guide not my gui for unraid is all wacked out.  Hopefully I can reverse the changes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's best to install plugins from the community applications

• 3 weeks later...