$90 Xeon E5-2670 2.6Ghz (8cores / 16threads)

I believe the is one of the more popular dual cpu boards discussed here. Newegg has it back in stock and just dropped the price back under $300.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157350&cm_re=EP2C602-4L%2fD16-_-13-157-350-_-Product

Hopefully you animals don't buy them all up before I get a chance to make up my mind. I just recently received a new chassic (supermicro 846) and am really torn between this board and getting a more expensive supermicor X9 board.

Wow!  Great price!  I have this board and highly recommend it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my back-ordered PC-D600 case is now unavailable.  :(  I have searched high and low only to find an actual hit on ebay for $1500 dollars. Um No. :o

Any suggestions not ThermalTake?

There is the PC-D66* but that case name and number are well... not to my liking. I also don't like the red internals.

Wish the 8pack PC-D888WX was coming to the states. UK only special edition per my email convo with Lian Li.

Any help with another dual sided cube offering please chime in.Must have at least 9 bays for my drive cages.  :-\

Well, my back-ordered PC-D600 case is now unavailable.  :(  I have searched high and low only to find an actual hit on ebay for $1500 dollars. Um No. :o

There is the PC-D66* but that case name and number are well... not to my liking. I also don't like the red internals.

Wish the 8pack PC-D888WX was coming to the states. UK only special edition per my email convo with Lian Li.

Any help with another dual sided cube offering please chime in.Must have at least 9 bays for my drive cages.  :-\

Newegg has the silver D600 for $400  [ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811112469 ]

FrozenCPU sells the black version for $359, but they're out of stock [ http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21677/cst-1447/Lian_Li_PC-D600_Aluminum_E-ATX_Full_Tower_Cube_Case_-_Black_PC-D600.html ]

B&H Photo has the black version in stock for $400 [ https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1182719&gclid=COaQvKLDhM8CFZM7gQodPhwL9Q&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C91438732682%2C&Q=&A=details ]

Newegg has the silver D600 for $400  [ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811112469 ]

FrozenCPU sells the black version for $359, but they're out of stock [ http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21677/cst-1447/Lian_Li_PC-D600_Aluminum_E-ATX_Full_Tower_Cube_Case_-_Black_PC-D600.html ]

B&H Photo has the black version in stock for $400 [ https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1182719&gclid=COaQvKLDhM8CFZM7gQodPhwL9Q&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C91438732682%2C&Q=&A=details ]

Whaaaat?!  Ok, now that's not fair,  ;) I was just on last night and B&H didn't have it in. I spoke with them last week also. They told me they didn't know if they would be stocking them again.

B&H knew you were looking and stocked it. Thanks!! LOL Going to buy now and pray. ;D

I'm not a big fan of silver but knew of the newegg unit. Weird they have the 600wa and 66*wb on the same link. Um, not the same case Newegg.

"Homeserver" crashed again last night, "Kernal panic," on mover, handbrake and sonarr over working the cpu, core 2 duo quad, I need to get this new rig built fast so I can multitask.

Thanks again, look for a build log soon.

Apologies in advance but I have read the entire thread and don't think I saw an answer to this. Can the P4000x chassis support more than 8x3.5 drives?  I've seen the posts that it can run 8x3.5 and 8x2.5 but that many 2.5 drives doesn't really interest me. Also, I'm not sure if anyone posted if one of the 5in3 cages will fit. Thanks for all the info in the thread guys. I'm looking to buy soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies in advance but I have read the entire thread and don't think I saw an answer to this. Can the P4000x chassis support more than 8x3.5 drives?  I've seen the posts that it can run 8x3.5 and 8x2.5 but that many 2.5 drives doesn't really interest me. Also, I'm not sure if anyone posted if one of the 5in3 cages will fit. Thanks for all the info in the thread guys. I'm looking to buy soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It only holds 8 3.5 and 16 2.5 i added a 4 in 3.5 cage.

Anyone wth the S2600CP2J install a GPU yet? This is the one thing I'm trying to figure out before making the purchase. Ideally this is my game streaming station and it needs a decent GPU to do that.

Yeah, I have two s2600cp2j's each with (2) gt730's (for VMs), and a third s2600cp2j with (1) gtx1080 (win 10 on bare metal).

Anyone wth the S2600CP2J install a GPU yet? This is the one thing I'm trying to figure out before making the purchase. Ideally this is my game streaming station and it needs a decent GPU to do that.

Yeah, I have two s2600cp2j's each with (2) gt730's (for VMs), and a third s2600cp2j with (1) gtx1080 (win 10 on bare metal).

I'm assuming the 1080 is in the x16 slot (since there is only one). Does this hit the memory tabs? Looking at pictures it looks like it was easily hit those.

S2600CP_45_0387.jpg

I'm assuming the 1080 is in the x16 slot (since there is only one). Does this hit the memory tabs? Looking at pictures it looks like it was easily hit those.

Nope, in my rig, the 1080 is in slot #3 (from the left; the first blue open ended slot).  As I only have one CPU in at the moment, the other blue slot (#5) can't be populated as it's only available when using a 2nd CPU.

Ordered my board/cpu/ram, now it's time to pick a case/power/fans

Nope, in my rig, the 1080 is in slot #3 (from the left; the first blue open ended slot).  As I only have one CPU in at the moment, the other blue slot (#5) can't be populated as it's only available when using a 2nd CPU.

Well, learned two new things today. There isn't a huge speed different between x8 and x16 and an x16 card can fit in an x8 slot which just seems odd but cool!

What did you guys with the intel S2600CP2J motherboard do about the the io back plate?

I haven't ordered it but was going to. You can get it on ebay for like $10 or something. I don't have the link handy but if you can't find it I'll look it up as I saved it with the intent of ordering it. Probably still will.

What did you guys with the intel S2600CP2J motherboard do about the the io back plate?

I haven't ordered it but was going to. You can get it on ebay for like $10 or something. I don't have the link handy but if you can't find it I'll look it up as I saved it with the intent of ordering it. Probably still will.

Thanks, yeah they're not cheap for such a small thin peice of metal. I'll probably skip it..  ;D

Thanks, yeah they're not cheap for such a small thin peice of metal. I'll probably skip it..  ;D

The Intel IO plates are well built (not just the typical stamped metal).

I've paid $5ea (plus shipping) via Best Offer from http://www.ebay.com/itm/182162637018?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

--edit; shit, just saw that they were sold out...

Looking at this setup http://www.natex.us/S2600CP-Intel-Server-Motherboard-Package-Deal-p/intel-s2600cp2j-128gb.htm would this powersupply be good enough?

Right now I have 7 drives and bluray player in my system.

CORSAIR CXM series CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI CrossFire 80

Also how loud is this system with the fans below?

2 x Noctua NH-D9DX i4 3U

I doubt anyone can answer that unless they have those exact fans. :-)

That's the system I was going to order but found a better deal on ebay, might want to do a quick check there.