$90 Xeon E5-2670 2.6Ghz (8cores / 16threads)

1 hour ago, tr0910 said:

I got flooded and lost a server with dual 2670 cpu, 128gb RAM, S2600CP2 mb in Intel P4000 cases.

I need to value this for an insurance claim.  What would an equivalent ready built dual Xeon server cost.  Thankfully drives were not installed...

You are probably going to need to submit an estimate to build from a vendor, since it's pretty much a custom item. I would ask your adjuster what exactly they want to see from you to validate your valuation. They may be thinking personal computer ~$300 to ~$500, and when you hit them with a $2000+ estimate for a refurbished equivalent they may balk a little. http://amzn.com/B01F1GM0IW 

17 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

You are probably going to need to submit an estimate to build from a vendor, since it's pretty much a custom item. I would ask your adjuster what exactly they want to see from you to validate your valuation. They may be thinking personal computer ~$300 to ~$500, and when you hit them with a $2000+ estimate for a refurbished equivalent they may balk a little. http://amzn.com/B01F1GM0IW 

Thanks, this is perfect.  No I expect that they will balk at more than this server.  But it's a fight I have to fight.  And they can be thankful that I don't claim for a new one.  Could be $50,000 for a tricked out current gen server. 

Intel, though gougeth mightily....

Also  there is this one too...

http://a.co/3DnB0Xk

7 hours ago, tr0910 said:

Thanks, this is perfect.  No I expect that they will balk at more than this server.  But it's a fight I have to fight.  And they can be thankful that I don't claim for a new one.  Could be $50,000 for a tricked out current gen server. 

Intel, though gougeth mightily....

Also  there is this one too...

http://a.co/3DnB0Xk

I'm not sure how home insurance works there but here they would be responsible for a new server of equivalent specs not a refurbished one.  I'd hit them up with what that server cost new at the time and go from there.  Could work out well for you actually.   

.4Lots of people in this topic purchased the SC2600 from Natex -- have you been able to upgrade unRaid?

I'm stuck on 6.2.4 -- have tried upgrading to 6.3 several times and always get a kernel panic error and then I have to roll-back to 6.2.4.

Am I alone on this or have others had this issue? If yes how did solve it?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Naldinho said:

.4Lots of people in this topic purchased the SC2600 from Natex -- have you been able to upgrade unRaid?

I'm stuck on 6.2.4 -- have tried upgrading to 6.3 several times and always get a kernel panic error and then I have to roll-back to 6.2.4.

I have that same board and have not had those issues. Maybe try to backup your flash drive and then update with a clean flash drive?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Naldinho said:

5 hours ago, Bungy said:

I have that same board and have not had those issues. Maybe try to backup your flash drive and then update with a clean flash drive?

I had this same issue. Bungy is correct, trying a new flash drive (different brand) should get rid of the kernel panic and allow you to update.

Edited by jtech007
  • 2 months later...

Finally got around to trying a different key -- no luck.

There was a topic where someone had suggested a possible solution -- searching for that now without much luck. That possible solution as well as checking for a BIOS update are the only two things I can think to try. If anyone else has any suggestions I'd really appreciate them -- especially since now there is a second person with the same issue.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:32 PM, Bungy said:

What key do you have that works. I've tried three now, same panic. I loved this board until it stopped allowing me to upgrade.

Also, what version of the BIOS do you have?

• 2 months later...

(Slightly offtopic for a best-deal thread, but I figure this is the best place for it, as anyone who bought one of the Xeon E5 V1s will likely be interested...)

Turns out the Sandy Bridge Xeon E5 v1are affected by Spectre / Meltdown, and Intel does have some kind of microcode update: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27431/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?product=64597
Anyone know what exactly the update addresses?
Assuming there is a relevant fix, what would be the indicated action for an UnRAID user with such a CPU? Would this update likely be included in a Linux kernel update which would eventually trickle down to an UnRAID update? I understand Linux does have a general mechanism allowing a microcode update on boot, unlike other OSes, so it might need to be re-loaded on every boot but would still work.

On 18/01/2018 at 12:21 AM, GreenDolphin said:

(Slightly offtopic for a best-deal thread, but I figure this is the best place for it, as anyone who bought one of the Xeon E5 V1s will likely be interested...)

Turns out the Sandy Bridge Xeon E5 v1are affected by Spectre / Meltdown, and Intel does have some kind of microcode update: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27431/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?product=64597
Anyone know what exactly the update addresses?
Assuming there is a relevant fix, what would be the indicated action for an UnRAID user with such a CPU? Would this update likely be included in a Linux kernel update which would eventually trickle down to an UnRAID update? I understand Linux does have a general mechanism allowing a microcode update on boot, unlike other OSes, so it might need to be re-loaded on every boot but would still work.

Limetech have been pretty quick to get some of the initial kernel updates that address these vulnerabilities for some processors included (since the last RC released before 6.4.0) and I am sure they will continue to include these in a reasonbly timely manner as the microcode updates become available.  As you imply, there is then no specific action required other than applying the new version of unRAID to your server.  Limetech typically refernce the changes included in the release announcement for each update.

Edited by S80_UK
Typo
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 12:54 PM, NotYetRated said:

Anyone here using a ASrock EP2C602? I am having some difficulty getting full speed out of my SSD's on any of the 14 ports. They are topping out at around 225MB/s. If I throw them on my LSI 9220-8i, I get the full ~550MB/s, however lose TRIM support.

I assume you're using the ASRock - EP2C602-4L/D16, if so I own two systems utilizing this board.

Of the 14 SATA ports onboard, only 2 are full SATA III, (at least in unRAID, as the Marvell controlled ports have an issue in unRAID, I can't remember specifically what it was).

I run 3 LSI 9211-8i's in IT mode, so all but my 2 cache SSD's are on the controllers.

Edited by Drider
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Drider said:

as the Marvell controlled ports have an issue in unRAID, I can't remember specifically what it was).

For me it was dropping drives every couple of hours to couple of months without an apparent reason that I could determine.  And that was when they were passed to a Windows VM and not part of the unRAID array.  I would never even consider using drives in the array on the Marvel controller.  I'm testing fate again with another marvel controller but this time it is drives running under unRAID but NOT part of the array.  Needed 4+ ports on PCI not PCIe slot and my Silicon Image 3124 card was not recognized so had to use my SAT2-MV8 based Marvel controller.  May have to research other cards if it starts dropping drives.  Just tried cards I had on hand.

Between my two servers I have 6 HBA controllers:

In each system I have one Intel RS2WC80 and two Dell PERC H310's.  All are LSI 9211-8i controllers Flashed to IT mode, and working great at full 6GB Transfer speeds.

The Dells are a little more of a pain to flash to IT, but still relatively straight forward. (It's dealing with UEFI BiOS that takes the most time.)

The H310's can be picked up on eBay fairly cheap now ~$50.00 or less..

EDIT:  Just re-read your post, and realized you looking for PCI.  Yeah ... do they even list those as antiques anymore?

Edited by Drider
16 hours ago, Drider said:

Between my two servers I have 6 HBA controllers:

In each system I have one Intel RS2WC80 and two Dell PERC H310's.  All are LSI 9211-8i controllers Flashed to IT mode, and working great at full 6GB Transfer speeds.

The Dells are a little more of a pain to flash to IT, but still relatively straight forward. (It's dealing with UEFI BiOS that takes the most time.)

The H310's can be picked up on eBay fairly cheap now ~$50.00 or less..

EDIT:  Just re-read your post, and realized you looking for PCI.  Yeah ... do they even list those as antiques anymore?

Do those support TRIM for SSD's? I've got 3 SSD's in the system currently...

4 hours ago, NotYetRated said:

Do those support TRIM for SSD's? I've got 3 SSD's in the system currently...

Hmm..  I'm not sure.

I'm finalizing setup of my newer machine now, so I can test it out.

I planed to run Microsoft Hyper-V Core, with unRAID as a VM inside, so I' not sure if that will effect the results or not...

I should know more this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 5:37 AM, Drider said:

Hmm..  I'm not sure.

I'm finalizing setup of my newer machine now, so I can test it out.

I planed to run Microsoft Hyper-V Core, with unRAID as a VM inside, so I' not sure if that will effect the results or not...

I should know more this weekend.

It think you'll find its pretty hard to pass the USB through to the VM.