Using Hamachi VPN with Unraid

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone figured out how to get hamachi running on unraid.  It would seem to me that the ~/.hamachi directory files would need to be relocated to the flash drive somehow.  Or hamachi would need to be reconfigured everytime unraid was re-booted.  I was wondering if anyone has done this yet?

You could change the home directory of the user in question to a physical drive on your machine.

Then the files placed there will continue to be there with customizations after each reboot.

However, you will probably have to reinstall the package upon each reboot or possibly alter the bzroot image for a more permanent change.

• 6 months later...

You can download the slackware package from an Italian site here:

http://www.slacky.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4759&Itemid=56

I haven't tried this - but if you get it to install but it complains of missing libraries, let me know  :)

I don't know a lot about kernel modules, but it seems that in order to get this package to run a /dev/net/tun device needs to exist on the server.  I tried to add it via command line instructions I found on the net, but failed with the 'modprobe tun' step.  It errors with "FATAL: Module tun not found."

It seems that something related to tun is already installed on the server, because running /usr/sbin/tuncfg (a step required prior to starting Hamachi) does work.  But then if I issue a 'hamachi start' command I get the following:

03 13:35:32.199 [   0] [12352] tap: bad response from tuncfg - 02000013
03 13:35:32.200 [   0] [12352]      open('/dev/net/tun') failed with 19 (No such device)

Some additional info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUN/TAP

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/unable-to-install-a-tuntap-driver-on-a-2.6.18-kernel-slackware-11-505831/

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What's the difference between Hamachi and OpenVPN?

I may be able to develop a plugin as soon as v5 is out, but need to know what to implement, and what users want and need. Now I have OpenVPN running fully functional with custom kernel, but should be possible to distribute the needed kernel modules with the plugin.

• 1 month later...

No.  Nothing new.  In spite of promises to address any issues with missing libraries there has been no response.

As for the missing libraries, if they are truely libraries and not kernel modules then they can be resolved by the community.

I was just going to point over to gfjardim's addon, but I see he's already done so.

• 1 year later...

Can I connect using my Android Phone's VPN to this VPN?

Right now I am using Windows 7's Incoming Connection but I would like to take that weight off of my Win7 machine and be able to put it to sleep and if needed be able to wake it up with wake-up-on-lan magic packet.  I can do this with my other machine already..so basically I am looking for a VPN "server" for unRAID that just drops me on my network..

Thanks.

• 9 years later...