preclear_disk with max No. of drives installed

I'm running unRAID Pro 6.1.7 with one parity drive, 23 data drives, and one cache drive.  If I want to perform a preclear_disk on a new drive I've had to disconnect the cache drive and use that port to attach the new drive to preclear.  I'm using three Supermicro AOCO-SASLP-MV8 8-port SATA controllers for the 24 drives and one port on the motherboard for the cache drive.  I've got five more SATA ports on the motherboard but if I try to use one of them to preclear the new drive, it's not recognized by unRAID.

Is there anyway I can use the extra ports on the motherboard to preclear a drive without having to swap it out with one of the other system drives?  Right now it appears that the number of ports recognized by unRAID maxes out at 25.

My guess is that you are running into a limitation of the GUI rather than a limitation at the underlying Linux level.  UnRAID is limited to 25 devices managed by unRAID but you should still be able to plug in other devices that are not managed by unRAID. 

One way to confirm this would be to post the diagnostics file (from Tools->Diagnostics) obtained while you have the drive you are interested in preclearing plugged into a spare motherboard port.  The syslog contained in that should allow us to see if the drive is being recognised at the Linux level.  If so at the very least it should be possible to run the preclear from the Linux command line level even if the preclear plugin does not (currently at least) handle this scenario.

I have tried connecting the new drive to a spare SATA port on the motherboard with all other drives connected.  When I run the command "preclear_disk.sh -l" to list available drives to preclear, the new drive does not appear in the list.  IIRC, the only drive displayed is the cache drive, but it's been a while since I've tried it.  I'm just curious if there's some kind of woprkaround that allows me to keep all of the system drives connected and still have the new drive recognized.  I have only recently installed the preclear plugin, but I haven't tried it yet.  All previous preclear functions have been run from a command line.

Is there anyway I can use the extra ports on the motherboard to preclear a drive without having to swap it out with one of the other system drives?  Right now it appears that the number of ports recognized by unRAID maxes out at 25.

I wanted to confirm before posting but I was almost sure I did that before, and I can now confirm, V6.1.7 with parity + 23 data disks + cache + 5 extra disks, can preclear all 5.