"Include disks" and "Exclude disks" -- Global vs. per share

28 minutes ago, cinereus said:

What happens if you have a file e.g. user/share/file (stored as /disk1/share/file) and you then create a file at /disk2/share/file?

Unraid will only show one of them (I think the one on the lowest number disk) at the User Share level.   You can now get some unexpected behaviour because if you delete/rename/move the first file at first glance the file seems to still be there.   Actually you are now seeing the second copy as the first copy is no longer masking the second one.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, itimpi said:

Unraid will only show one of them (I think the one on the lowest number disk) at the User Share level.   You can now get some unexpected behaviour because if you delete/rename/move the first file at first glance the file seems to still be there.   Actually you are now seeing the second copy as the first copy is no longer masking the second one.

Presumable the unBALANCE plugin is designed to sidestep this bug entirely? I made the mistake of trying to avoid this all by using /mnt/diskX whereas it's less neat but much simpler to work from a /mnt/user state from the beginning.

• 1 year later...