[Solved] Controller failed, now everything is messed up.

The adaptec 1430sa controller went bad on me, and I had to replace it.

But now everything is all messed up.

Ive been at this for hours.

I installed an adaptec 2405 controller, its what I had lying around. Configured it as JBOD, and unRAID sees all the drives, but the parity drive was blue balled, the other 2 drives were labelled as "wrong".

Did some reading maybe in the wrong place, and ran initconfig.

Now it looks like Im making a whole new array.

If I mount each of the /dev/sdd1 and /dev/sde1 partitions separately all my data is still there, but Im afraid to "start" this new array in fear it will erase it.!

I have years of data and irreplaceable stuff. 

Please help!

UnRAID 5.0.6

Thanks I managed to get it all fixed up but pulled my hair out for days.

Turns out the failing controller screwed up the filesystems on both of my data drives, and kicked parity right out of the picture.  Simply replacing the controller for a new one didn't fix it, so I was chasing both a controller failure and filesystem corruption and was going in circles :(..

I had to run --rebuild-tree on both drives for a combined 12 hours :( (I only have 2 data drives)

Finally got the array started and rebuilt parity, only lost a few pictures and a couple music files thank god.

The adaptec hardware RAID controller writes some stuff at the beginning of the drive for its "RAID" information (even though it was JBOD mode), and that didn't help either.

Not sure Ill keep the 2405 controller, I like it, its far faster than the old 1430SA but it runs hot as f#$k but I had 2 of them here.

All this while in a virtualized ESXi environment with passthrough on the controller.