[SOLVED] Can only connect to UNRAID via telnet console

Not attempting to hijack, as I'm having a very similar problem. Had a power outage that led to an unclean shutdown. Restarted my server, the GUI initially comes up, but when I try to start the array it seems to hang and then, eventually, becomes disconnected. I can reach it via telnet, and see all my mounted disks, but only the flash is accessible via SMB. I have attached the last syslog. Thanks for any help.

update: Well I must have had some corruption in system files, or something. I took the plunge and upgraded to v6 - works like a charm, array came right up and I can access all shares normally. Now to see if I can get Plex Server to work again o_O

syslog-2016-02-03.txt

Just for the sake of eliminating and simplifying things, do a memtest (from boot menu) and if that's OK boot in SAFE mode.

Tell us about your hardware.

Thanks for the response, I have been away for a few days and have been unable to run the requested test.

I'm running an old Dell optiplex, P4 3.40ghz (single core) 2gb ram on 4 512mb DDR2 sticks. I have 4 hdds and 1 parity, 2-3tb each. I have a 750 watt power supply and a pair of pci sata cards installed.

I ran Memtest, and it completed with no errors, just looking now for how to boot into SAFE mode.

I must have a version released before safe mode implementation. On the boot menu I have two options, UnraidOS and memtest86+. I can edit options with tab, but it greets me with a prompt,"> bzimage initrd=bzroot" I found a page on boot flags but found nothing on a safe mode flag. Looks like my last screen capture was on 5.0.6.

I must have a version released before safe mode implementation. On the boot menu I have two options, UnraidOS and memtest86+. I can edit options with tab, but it greets me with a prompt,"> bzimage initrd=bzroot" I found a page on boot flags but found nothing on a safe mode flag. Looks like my last screen capture was on 5.0.6.

The Safe mode was introduced during the v5 beta cycle.    I guess if you have only ever updated by copying the bzimage and bzroot files then you may have missed this change.  You might want to look at the syslinux.cfg file that is included as part of the standard v5 ZIP download and amend the one on your USB stick to match.

Thanks for the replies, based on the feedback I decided to update to 6. The web interface is back up and running, it recognized my drives and shows the parity is valid but will not bring the array online. I assume the issue is somewhere with my hardware.. I ran memtest again, double checked that my cpu is is 64 bit compatible.... everything shows ok on the web interface. can anyone see why my array would fail to load?

edit: followed this guide: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39032.0

Log_Array_Fail.txt