unRAID Notes

kizer

Just like in the Archived Notifications it would be nice to have a way to type up a note and save it for later review.

My thought is this.

Say I make a change to my setup for a reason maybe its testing or whatever and I want to come back to that note to remind myself what the setting used to be so I can compare.

For example. I changed my tunable settings for my drives and now I don't recall what I used to have it set to, but if I had of kept notes or wrote it down somewhere I could easily compare.

Not a bad idea ... however, it presumes you'll remember to actually write the note.

I already do exactly what you've asked for -- I just don't do it in UnRAID.    When I make any configuration changes (e.g. changing disk tunables),  I simply open Notepad and write a note ... and save it in a folder in my documents called "UnRAID Notes"  :)

Not embedded in UnRAID, of course => but on the other hand, that also means all those notes are available if something catastrophic was to happen to the server (e.g. the flash drive died) ... which may not be a bad thing.

A feature of unMENU was the ability to add your own info for the hard drives, like date of purchase and where for example. It was handy to keep track of the drive history.

i do this for drives using the Layout plugin.  It also allows me an easy visual reminder of where all the drives are plugged in.  I used to simply keep a spreadsheet before using the plugin.