[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Requests

When I submit a request for a TV show with PlexRequests, the series gets added to Sonarr but it doesn't seem to automatically download the episodes at all without manual intervention. Is this expected behaviour?

No, it downloads automatically for me.

Thanks. Looks like it was an issue with Transmission. I deployed Transmission from linuxserver.io and it seems to be working OK now. Will need to test a little more.

Can anyone provide advice or a tutorial on how people can access PlexRequests outside my LAN?

You need to setup a reverse proxy with Apache or nginx docker containers and get a domain name.  Full instructions are beyond the scope of this thread.  But if you go to the linuxserver.io website there is a tutorial there.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Can anyone provide advice or a tutorial on how people can access PlexRequests outside my LAN?

You need to setup a reverse proxy with Apache or nginx docker containers and get a domain name.  Full instructions are beyond the scope of this thread.  But if you go to the linuxserver.io website there is a tutorial there.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Or.. Set up the duckdns container and forward port 3000 to the server?

Works fine for me..

Fyi,  I stumbled across the fact that there is also a plex requests channel available for plex.  To be honest I haven't used this docker or that channel much to compare the two and each will have its advantages and disadvantages.  But it might be helpful to some.  One advantage,  based on the last few posts,  is you don't need apache/ngix or duckdns/port forwarding.  And all users have access to it directly inside of plex. 

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've gotten Plex Requests to work well, it gets all the movies and shows I request (if they're available) but what I'm not sure to do is how do I remove the "requests" tab in the top-right corner when I'm not logged in? I thought the purpose of requiring approval for requests is so that a given user can't add anything they want to my plex server without me personally giving them the O.K. however the http://localhost:3000/requests page is available to anyone who's signed in, so they could just request whatever they want, approve it themselves and circumvent me out of the process, as I want to share this server with quite a few people, I'd want to go beable to go through all of the requests at some point and approve the things I think are appropriate for my server.

Hello, I've gotten Plex Requests to work well, it gets all the movies and shows I request (if they're available) but what I'm not sure to do is how do I remove the "requests" tab in the top-right corner when I'm not logged in? I thought the purpose of requiring approval for requests is so that a given user can't add anything they want to my plex server without me personally giving them the O.K. however the http://localhost:3000/requests page is available to anyone who's signed in, so they could just request whatever they want, approve it themselves and circumvent me out of the process, as I want to share this server with quite a few people, I'd want to go beable to go through all of the requests at some point and approve the things I think are appropriate for my server.

You need to create an admin user, and go to settings and select "Require approval of Movie requests", then an admin has to approve the request before it will download.

Remember to log out of admin user before testing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...