[Support] binhex - Emby

Hello DazedAndCunfused,

I can confirm this issue. Maybe its the same one. Do you have default configuration after reboot inside the CoverArt plugin? 

After each reboot my settings are default again. I think some permissions are wrong and thats why the circle spins, some kind of timeout because the addon(s) can´t write cache/settings/profiles. 

What is your logfile telling? Search maybe for "Access to the path is denied." ; "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.or  "The path is not of a legal form." on /usr/lib/emby-server.

I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. or  "The path is not of a legal form." on /usr/lib/emby-server.

I am running this docker with everything default except I changed /media to /mnt/user. Umask and other values have not been changed.

This is weird, it only happens with plugins. I wasnt using the Coverart plugin. 

The plugins I had were:

Anime

Auto Box Sets

Backup Configuration

Timelord (both of these worked fine though as theres no configuration file)

Trakt

Emby Kodi Sync

This is what I get when I try to save settings on Emby Kodi Sync. It is similar for all plugins I install on my server.

I would really like to know what is causing this. I did not have this problem until the docker got messed up and had to be force updated a few days ago.

2017-12-07 18:45:18.409 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.50.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 4.9.30.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 24
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server
	System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
	Parameter name: path
	   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.LoadGeneratedAssembly(Type type, String defaultNamespace, XmlSerializerImplementation& contract)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.GetSerializer(Type type)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToWriter(Object obj, XmlWriter writer)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object obj, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Plugins.BasePlugin`1.SaveConfiguration()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService.Post(UpdatePluginConfiguration request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()
	System.ArgumentException
	   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.LoadGeneratedAssembly(Type type, String defaultNamespace, XmlSerializerImplementation& contract)
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.GetSerializer(Type type)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToWriter(Object obj, XmlWriter writer)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object obj, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Plugins.BasePlugin`1.SaveConfiguration()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService.Post(UpdatePluginConfiguration request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()

Edited by DazedAndConfused

There's a thread on the Emby forums

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53606-all-plugins-stopped-working-after-failed-update/

Sounds like this is an issue with the the Binhex docker and not Emby itself. I'm going to install Emby's docker tonight to see if I have the same issue. 

Like the OP on this thread states....the only started happening after the Binhex docker had some sort of failed update and could no longer start until Binhex fixed it. 

25 minutes ago, DazedAndConfused said:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53606-all-plugins-stopped-working-after-failed-update/

Sounds like this is an issue with the the Binhex docker and not Emby itself. I'm going to install Emby's docker tonight to see if I have the same issue. 

Like the OP on this thread states....the only started happening after the Binhex docker had some sort of failed update and could no longer start until Binhex fixed it. 

Haha yes I started the thread on the emby forums. So I have to say I have that issue. #metoo

I have one question. Does this docker support hardware transcoding in emby? If yes do I need to give the docker acces to my iGPU? If no, is there a docker that supports it?

Edited by Heciruam

thanks for the link I am  installing the official emby docker now, so far it solved the problems

I think my CPU can use Intel Quick Sync so I selected IT, you can try it out by yourself and watch how your system performs with different options

Edited by lasdksadi2
Haha yes I started the thread on the emby forums. So I have to say I have that issue. #metoo
I have one question. Does this docker support hardware transcoding in emby? If yes do I need to give the docker acces to my iGPU? If no, is there a docker that supports it?
I'm aware of the issue guys, not sure yet how to fix it but if I get time I will take a look this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 08/12/2017 at 7:05 PM, DazedAndConfused said:

ok so didnt manage to take a look at the weekend, so having a look now, i took a look at the post on the emby forum, namely this particular post caught my eye:-

There is a problem with the server's ability to save plugin settings, however since you're using a custom docker container my first advice is to switch to one that is provided by Emby. Thanks !

So yep i agree there is a problem with the plugin (or plugins) saving their settings, thing is permissions look fine, the mask is set to 000 which is basically create files with rw for all, so im not sure whats going on, i can see 0 byte files being created, so emby can create the config files but not save the config, maybe its related to the fact the xml files are located on a docker volume mapping, im not sure yet, i guess the first step is to try and save inside of the container and see what happens.

Looks like we have to wait until Emby will fix that. Thanks for your effort!

Edit:
Ok I just saw you fixed it. Thanks. Did you roll back the release?
Well I committed a change that I hoped fixed it and then went to bed I'm assuming then the issue of not being able to save settings for plugins is now working with the latest image, right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well it seems to partially work. I can now enter my trakt credentials and save them. When I go to a different user, and enter the credentials there and click save, they will be saved as well. Now if I hit save on user 2 again I losse the credentials on the first user. So right now I just have to make sure I only click save once. 

I havent tried if the settings are the after restarting the docker, but I will check back if it won't work.

Thanks again for the fix.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I am new to UNRAID and Docker. 

I am moving from Emby on my Windows 7 machine to UNRAID YAY!

I have UNRAID working and setup with my active directory domain for user shares.

I have read a lot around the forum of starting containers with the right permissions? I wanted to ask is there anything special I need to do in order to make sure my container permissions are right? at the docker level or emby level?

Any advice / help would be ace!

Hi all, 

I am new to UNRAID and just set up docker for first time and emby.

Is there any best practice on the host container volume in the docker config? - I just left this as /mnt

and my config is set to /config <>  /mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServer

and within Emby I mapped my library to /mnt/user/Library name

I have a SSD cache pool and my docker is set up to use this.

Is this a bad idea? I have seen some users set their container volume to /mnt/user/Media or something like this?

Be great if I could get any advice as keen to set up more docker apps the right way :) 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Frostyfruit said:

Hi all, 

I am new to UNRAID and just set up docker for first time and emby.

Is there any best practice on the host container volume in the docker config? - I just left this as /mnt

and my config is set to /config <>  /mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServer

and within Emby I mapped my library to /mnt/user/Library name

I have a SSD cache pool and my docker is set up to use this.

Is this a bad idea? I have seen some users set their container volume to /mnt/user/Media or something like this?

Be great if I could get any advice as keen to set up more docker apps the right way :) 

Thanks!

On my server, I have a media share which then has subfolders of movies tvshows and music.

I personally wouldn't map the container to /mnt as it gives that container access to everything on the server which it doesn't need to have.

I would map the Container Path: /media to

/mnt/user/media

So then within Emby it would have a folder named /media which then only maps to the media share and its sub directories on the server.

Then within Emby you can then map to /media/movies and /media/tvshows etc as then that will relate to the subfolders in the media share.

Your config is fine and appdata should be stored on the cache (however don't put any media movies etc on the cache, it just wastes its space, keep all media on the array)

Hope this helps and have a great new year :)

Edited by gridrunner

Hi all, 

I installed the emby docker but had cant get playback working.  I keep getting "playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available"

I had a look at the emby log file and saw the following errors:

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.6
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Sun Oct  1 17:55:43 UTC 2017)
	Processor count: 8
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/config/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f avi -i file:"/mnt/user/Movies/Movie1.avi" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "/config/transcoding-temp/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8.m3u8" -y "/config/transcoding-temp/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8%d.ts"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied
	  at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x001ee] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
	  at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x001ee] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0

There was some posts on the emby forum asking to check if ffmpeg and ffprob had execute permissions.

So i went to the following locations and set perrmisions to 755

/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServerBeta/ffmpeg/20170308# chmod 755 ffmpeg 

/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServerBeta/ffmpeg/20170308# chmod 755 ffprob

This got playback working.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and if I have set the right permissions? 

22 hours ago, Frostyfruit said:

Hi all, 

I installed the emby docker but had cant get playback working.  I keep getting "playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available"

I had a look at the emby log file and saw the following errors:

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.6
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Sun Oct  1 17:55:43 UTC 2017)
	Processor count: 8
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/config/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg', CommandLine='-f avi -i file:"/mnt/user/Movies/Movie1.avi" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "/config/transcoding-temp/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8.m3u8" -y "/config/transcoding-temp/6071bc14d1f108ff18c24a7cc23f2ba8%d.ts"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Access denied
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

There was some posts on the emby forum asking to check if ffmpeg and ffprob had execute permissions.

So i went to the following locations and set perrmisions to 755

/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServerBeta/ffmpeg/20170308# chmod 755 ffmpeg 

/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServerBeta/ffmpeg/20170308# chmod 755 ffprob

This got playback working.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and if I have set the right permissions? 

not sure what docker image you are using there but its not this one (binhex/arch-emby) as ffmpeg is installed inside the container, not exposed externally via volume mapping.

Gotta say, I installed this, added my Movies share & was playing a movie on my phone in about 15 minutes. Heck, I even got the reverse proxy (thanks to the lsio LetsEncrype/NGINX docker) set up and working in no time.

I think this is going to replace [Sub/Libre/Air]sonic, COPS, and Piwigo in a flash - just need to get the kid on the other side of the country to test it out and I'll be good to go!

Of course, it still has to pass the "can my mom use it" test, but I think she'll manage. :)

Thanks, @binhex!!

• Like 1