[Support] binhex - Emby

26 minutes ago, thostr said:

Not correct.  Emby 4.0 has been released.

Docker images is already updated :)

https://emby.media/announcing-emby-server-40.html

ok that has changed then, i had a look at the downloads page and it was marked as beta, in any case the new image wont be built until arch linux repo has updated, fyi here is the link:-

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/

Looks like its still the case on the emby downloads page, note the BETA next to the download for 4.0.0.1 in the screenshot below:-

image.png.36e78e940b405cc2a1b771600cb01f62.png

Edited by binhex
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, just-magic said:

Hi binhex,

i have the same problem like the release before. I have installed the Unraid Docker Update, but the version is still 4.0.0.2 😣

uggh, ok i will verify this and raise another bug, this is getting annoying, according to arch linux package maintainer the issue is with the release from the emby team (upstream).

15 hours ago, just-magic said:

Hi binhex,

i have the same problem like the release before. I have installed the Unraid Docker Update, but the version is still 4.0.0.2 😣

ok so ive rebuilt it again and its now up to date, raised this as a bug as its clearly an issue but sadly arch package mantainer has his head firmly planted in his ass, sorry i meant sand, and refuses to look into it so its most probably going to happen again :--(.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1

Hey @binhex I wanted to see if this was something you might have control over or if it was the maintainer:

I've been trying to get an issue fixed with playback when my Bluetooth headset is connected to my emby client (Nvidia Shield) and Emby is pointing out that this docker uses an FFFMPEG build that is higher than what is officially supported by Emby (4.1).  Is there a reason that FFMPEG in this docker container uses a different version that what's supported by Emby?  Should that even matter?

Hey [mention=11148]binhex[/mention] I wanted to see if this was something you might have control over or if it was the maintainer:

I've been trying to get an issue fixed with playback when my Bluetooth headset is connected to my emby client (Nvidia Shield) and Emby is pointing out that this docker uses an FFFMPEG build that is higher than what is officially supported by Emby (4.1).  Is there a reason that FFMPEG in this docker container uses a different version that what's supported by Emby?  Should that even matter?
Fixed.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Mostly a lurker here but I didn't see this mentioned yet.

The latest update seems to have removed the ability to use hardware transcoding for non-premium users.  I really dislike the underhanded nature of placing current features behind a paywall and neglecting to mention their removal in the changelog.

I've begun testing the Jellyfin fork though I had to set the docker up manually since there isn't a prebuilt one in the community apps yet.

2 hours ago, clintSoutwood said:

I really dislike the underhanded nature of placing current features behind a paywall

Totally agree with you man,

2 hours ago, clintSoutwood said:

and neglecting to mention their removal in the changelog.

but it is in the announcement -> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67937-announcing-emby-server-40/

(Don't want to be THAT guy, but I actually posted just to link the extended post, you might find some more info about the 4.0 version :) )

On 1/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, Reloth said:

Totally agree with you man,

but it is in the announcement -> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67937-announcing-emby-server-40/

(Don't want to be THAT guy, but I actually posted just to link the extended post, you might find some more info about the 4.0 version :) )

Fair enough, I do see it in the post now, thanks for linking it.  I did skim this post before upgrading but obviously missed that pertinent bit.  I'll certainly be more careful going forward.  Still, removing current (core/key) features, no matter how "improved" they are, is pretty low, IMO.  This is not new behavior from the Emby team and, quite frankly, I'm not surprised - they've been on this trajectory for quite some time now.  I respect developers and understand that they want to be paid for their effort but to change the entire business model just after gaining a decent userbase (most of whom likely jumped ship from Plex for similar reasons) is disturbing.  I sincerely hope that Jellyfin takes off, it's mere existence indicates that I'm not the only one upset with the transition of FOSS into a closed-source, subscription-based model.  Apologies for the rant, I know this isn't the place for it.

Edited by clintSoutwood

Well, I wish I never did that. My share where all my movies files does not work anymore. The files are still there but the share is broken.

I have two different emby dockers, and both of them ask me to configure them like this is the first time I installed unraid. I cannot find the backup to reinstall it. I am not a happy camper.