[Support] binhex - Emby

by emby/embyserver

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ok you really need to decide which one you want to run that one is the official emby server docker image so you can either run that or run the binhex one you need to decide which one and delete the other.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Hey [mention=11148]binhex[/mention]

After upgrading to 4.0, Ive lost my HW transcoding options. I have passed through /dev/dri/renderD128 as before, but somehow the section in Emby is missing. (see screenshot)

I have crossposted on Emby forums aswell, because im not sure where the error lies.

5c57fcaf55c1a_transcoding.png&key=a0e63b182736ecb940c409acea26e9f7c84f2d12dcf68ac5a4c0ecce6abe528a
Hardware transcoding is now a premium feature you need to pay for emby if you want to do that

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

Hardware transcoding is now a premium feature you need to pay for emby if you want to do that

Sorry forgot to mention I do have a Emby Premiere Lifetime subscription. So it shouldn't be the issue. Unless the docker isn't build for Emby Premiere 😊

Sorry forgot to mention I do have a Emby Premiere Lifetime subscription. So it shouldn't be the issue. Unless the docker isn't build for Emby Premiere
Well according to that screenshot I think it's inferring they you don't have a valid subscription, check to make sure emby thinks you do have a valid subscription

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

Well according to that screenshot I think it's inferring they you don't have a valid subscription, check to make sure emby thinks you do have a valid subscription

Okay I will contact Emby with this. But Emby has accepted my key as Premiere Subscription on server dashboard (see screenshot)

B8F6192A-9585-4B7F-9F45-6EFF1C78096B.jpeg

16 hours ago, just-magic said:

hi binhex, I'm sorry to inform you that the container is still version 4.0.1.0 after the update.
Same problem as last time.

thanks for letting me know, i will build again which should fix it, i do have an idea to try and stop this happening in the future but its going to take a bit of work from me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Is there a 4.0.3 docker coming?  It fixes a critical bug that wipes out entire movie libraries (ask me how I know...)

Is there any contact info for the Emby guys?  I've spent the last week with my entire server offline so I could restore the deleted movie library off my unRAID drives.  It's been a huge PITA and I still haven't completed the restore (to see what I'm missing after all is said and done.)  I think I deserve at least a year of free Premiere access for this shit.

4.0.3 isn't coming for docker/linux builds apparently, the fix will be in the next patch they hope to have out next week.  In the meantime I'd recommend Emby users mount their shares as RO.  

Emby devs respond to just about everything posted on their official forums.  

4.0.3 isn't coming for docker/linux builds apparently, the fix will be in the next patch they hope to have out next week.  In the meantime I'd recommend Emby users mount their shares as RO.  

Emby devs respond to just about everything posted on their official forums.  
Or better yet roll back to the previous version (assuming that doesn't have this bug)

• 1 month later...

Hi I recently followed space invaders guide on how to set up letsencrypt with duckdns and tried to configure it with emby instead of sonarr like shown in the guide. The DuckDNS and LetsEncrypt dockers are working fine and I have created two subdomains on duckdns. I edited the .conf sample file for emby in letsencrypt and changed emby's network to a custom one (proxynet) the same one letsencrypt is running on. In the emby user interface I changed the settings following the instructions in the .conf file. When i tried to browse to the https address for the emby subdomain it was showing nginx is setting it up. I tried to restart emby and it broke. No matter what I did I couldnt get the http server on emby to work reverted back to original settings and still nothing multiple reboots and docker reinstalls nothing worked. I was using binhex-emby container. So I installed the linuxserver version of the emby docker container and had to set up everything from scratch users libraries etc (didnt have a backup)

So at the moment I have a different version of emby installed which is working. I have Duckdns and letsencrypt both configured and working. I am afraid that I am doing something wrong and dont want things to mess up again.

Please can someone explain what I need to do to use https with emby I have letsencrypt configured but I havent edited the emby.conf files. any help is appreciated as I am sharing my server with my brother overseas and want the traffic to be secure.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, thostr said:

@binhexI now tried to install Emby's own docker container, and here I get the expected results (see screenshot).

Only extra variable I added was GIDLIST=18 by referencing this post. (it didnt work by adding it to your docker)

So somehow your docker isn't working as expected.

image.png.a94d397f055811af95cebef15c945c55.png

Was this ever sorted out? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, strike said:

Just map a directory in RAM to a directory inside he container, then choose that directory in the emby transcode settings. I have mine mapped like this:

image.png.8ae5f255dc4efd5b1e2230c1329ed602.png

image.png.63382163c7dc9914a9fc740bbe087b64.png

Strike thanks so much for the visual. Its harder to mess up with visual reference. I have mine switched now thank you again!

image.thumb.png.dedccd0da3f8b6fc9f4e5c8575381c38.pngimage.png.d9b9be31a4d986e96a92fad0e30f981c.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2016 at 6:47 AM, binhex said:

ok this is one of those key things you need to wrap your head around, have a read here for a start:-

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387520#msg387520

and also for my attempt to explain this:-

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45811.msg437673#msg437673 (FAQ Q4.)

Unfortunately these links no longer take you to the specific message threads they only take you to the forum home page despite showing the complete URL.

You probably want https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/general.md or for a video https://forums.unraid.net/topic/54834-video-guideall-about-docker-in-unraid-docker-principles-and-setup/?tab=comments#comment-535908&searchlight=1

The broken links are a side effect of looking at a 3 year old post and some URLs changed during a forum software switch 2 years ago

• Like 1