[Support] binhex - Emby

18 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

Hello, is there an update that can be made to this container?  I'm having the issue above where it won't work with nvidia unraid plugin and it does show that version 4.3.0.30 is available (it's currently stuck on 4.2.1.0)

im waiting for upstream package maintainer on arch to update, once thats updated it will be auto built, link:-

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Coastal Control said:

Everytime I start Emby I get a notice that there is an Update Version 4.3.1.0 available.  I am sorry if I don't know how this works, but I was just wondering...

Thanks and great job on what you have done!  I certainly appreciate you!

I'll just quote binhex here as it applies to every update:

On 12/5/2019 at 1:12 PM, binhex said:

im waiting for upstream package maintainer on arch to update, once thats updated it will be auto built, link:-

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/

I assume you know how to update the container? If not just go to the unraid webui-->Docker and click check for updates, then click on the emby container and apply update. But you'll have to wait for the update to hit the arch repo first of course.

• Like 1

Sorry to add to the confusion but emby is asking for an update, its stuck at 4.3.0.30 asking to update to 4.3.1.0.

When i check the url https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/ it appears to be 4.3.1.0 but my emby is not updating.

I checked the docker repo for updates but its telling me i am running the latest version. Am i missing something on how to update emby server?

Thanks!

Sorry to add to the confusion but emby is asking for an update, its stuck at 4.3.0.30 asking to update to 4.3.1.0.

When i check the url https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/ it appears to be 4.3.1.0 but my emby is not updating.

I checked the docker repo for updates but its telling me i am running the latest version. Am i missing something on how to update emby server?

Thanks!
Check that arch link again, you are wrong

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

When setting up this container with a unique ip (custom setting) and changing the port to 80, it still only responds on port 8096, i've changed port in docker config:

image.png.501be229e536744f72e086f0782bd2af.png

And ive also set port to 80 inside emby:

image.png.708d2e687345ba0afe44bea6f1d968b2.png

but for whatever reason the emby server still responds and works fine on 8096, it does not work on port 80.

ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by je82
On 12/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, je82 said:

and changing the port to 80

not a wise choice, this will no doubt clash with unraid web ui.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:56 PM, je82 said:

And ive also set port to 80 inside emby:

do not do this, you should never change the port for the application, this is hard set and does not need modification, you only change the host side port NOT the container side port.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

not a wise choice, this will no doubt clash with unraid web ui.

do not do this, you should never change the port for the application, this is hard set and does not need modification, you only change the host side port NOT the container side port.

You missed the part where he said he is not using unraid's IP, he set a different IP for this container.

Which is fine, as long as you know how to fix all the stuff that breaks when you do that. Probably not a good idea to start changing to container specific IP's without a thorough knowledge of docker network behaviour.

I have a pretty complex network, and I have yet to see a need to give any containers their own IP. Much easier to use reverse proxy to give them easily remembered domain addresses than trying to remember which service is on which IP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 12:26 PM, binhex said:

I've been having issues with movies from my collections (from Emby) not showing up properly in Kodi's movie sets (they're incomplete or missing entirely). In my research, I've come across mentions of this plugin, but couldn't find it in Kodi.

Today, I came to look through this thread to see if anyone else had ever had issues like I was having, and there it was, in one of the very first posts on this thread. Thank you!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Unable to Scan Media Library

I get the following error whenever I try to run Scan All Libraries. Any idea what the problem might be?

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.ExecuteWithStringFormatParam(IDatabaseConnection db, String query, String valueText, Int64[] values)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItemsInTransaction(IDatabaseConnection db, Int64[] ids)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItems(Int64[] ids)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, BaseItem parent, Boolean notifyParentItem)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, daan_SVK said:

does transoding work now in this container? I just purchased Emby premiere today and tried to set it up with a P2000 but I can't get the card to show up under 4.4.2.0. 

Are you running the unofficial version of Unraid with nvidia drivers? 

32 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Are you running the unofficial version of Unraid with nvidia drivers? 

yup, basically followed the Spaceivader's video to the letter but transcoding with the binhex container doesn't seem to be working. No errors on the container log either. I just don't see the card at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 5:00 PM, daan_SVK said:

does transoding work now in this container? I just purchased Emby premiere today and tried to set it up with a P2000 but I can't get the card to show up under 4.4.2.0. 

transcode.JPG

Has this been corrected. I'am having same issue . I even installed a different Emby docker and hardware encoding works on that one. 

On 6/9/2020 at 12:55 PM, Mcnulty650sx said:

Has this been corrected. I'am having same issue . I even installed a different Emby docker and hardware encoding works on that one. 

not to my knowledge. The official docker container works ok but I didnt find a reliable way to migrage the database so I have to start from scratch which is unfortunate as I lost all my user settings and watch statuses and such. 

I would love an update from Binhex himself at least

• Like 1
16 hours ago, daan_SVK said:

not to my knowledge. The official docker container works ok but I didnt find a reliable way to migrage the database so I have to start from scratch which is unfortunate as I lost all my user settings and watch statuses and such. 

I would love an update from Binhex himself at least

ok so here's the problem, i dont have a discrete graphics card and therefore its impossible for me to debug any hardware transcoding issues, i can take a look at the image and see if i can spot anything obvious, but im really shooting in the dark here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so here's the problem, i dont have a discrete graphics card and therefore its impossible for me to debug any hardware transcoding issues, i can take a look at the image and see if i can spot anything obvious, but im really shooting in the dark here.

Sweet! hope it is something quick and easy.. 

On 6/12/2020 at 1:49 AM, binhex said:

I might have an older quadro card that I could ship to you. Send me a PM. 

• Like 1