binhex

[Support] binhex - Emby

160 posts in this topic Last Reply

by emby/embyserver

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ok you really need to decide which one you want to run that one is the official emby server docker image so you can either run that or run the binhex one you need to decide which one and delete the other.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Got it, I kept the pre-existing one and updated it via the docker  tab. Thanks for replying!

Hey @binhex

After upgrading to 4.0, Ive lost my HW transcoding options. I have passed through /dev/dri/renderD128 as before, but somehow the section in Emby is missing. (see screenshot)

I have crossposted on Emby forums aswell, because im not sure where the error lies.

5c57fcaf55c1a_transcoding.png

Hey [mention=11148]binhex[/mention]

After upgrading to 4.0, Ive lost my HW transcoding options. I have passed through /dev/dri/renderD128 as before, but somehow the section in Emby is missing. (see screenshot)

I have crossposted on Emby forums aswell, because im not sure where the error lies.

5c57fcaf55c1a_transcoding.png&key=a0e63b182736ecb940c409acea26e9f7c84f2d12dcf68ac5a4c0ecce6abe528a
Hardware transcoding is now a premium feature you need to pay for emby if you want to do that

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

Hardware transcoding is now a premium feature you need to pay for emby if you want to do that

Sorry forgot to mention I do have a Emby Premiere Lifetime subscription. So it shouldn't be the issue. Unless the docker isn't build for Emby Premiere 😊

Sorry forgot to mention I do have a Emby Premiere Lifetime subscription. So it shouldn't be the issue. Unless the docker isn't build for Emby Premiere
Well according to that screenshot I think it's inferring they you don't have a valid subscription, check to make sure emby thinks you do have a valid subscription

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

Well according to that screenshot I think it's inferring they you don't have a valid subscription, check to make sure emby thinks you do have a valid subscription

Okay I will contact Emby with this. But Emby has accepted my key as Premiere Subscription on server dashboard (see screenshot)

B8F6192A-9585-4B7F-9F45-6EFF1C78096B.jpeg

@binhexI now tried to install Emby's own docker container, and here I get the expected results (see screenshot).

Only extra variable I added was GIDLIST=18 by referencing this post. (it didnt work by adding it to your docker)

So somehow your docker isn't working as expected.

image.png.a94d397f055811af95cebef15c945c55.png

16 hours ago, just-magic said:

hi binhex, I'm sorry to inform you that the container is still version 4.0.1.0 after the update.
Same problem as last time.

thanks for letting me know, i will build again which should fix it, i do have an idea to try and stop this happening in the future but its going to take a bit of work from me.

• Like 1