[Support] binhex - Emby

Looks like the Arch repository finally is back up to date with emby-server-3.3.1.0-1 using the dotnet-runtime instead of the mono version from AUR
Is there a significant difference in performance between mono and dot net?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 21/04/2018 at 10:43 AM, Handl3vogn said:

I'm not sure. I think the dot net version uses less memory, especially after long uptime. 

there is some effort required in switching back, im kinda loathed to do it unless there is a compelling reason to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i don't know if I did something wrong, but the last time I updated this through CA it didn't get the version 3.4.1, and when i try to update it with the terminal (docker update binhex/arch-emby:latest    did something wrong here?) it says the image is up to date, so i don't know if i can do something to fix this, or wait for the next update and see if next time it downloads the proper one.

Hi, i don't know if I did something wrong, but the last time I updated this through CA it didn't get the version 3.4.1, and when i try to update it with the terminal (docker update binhex/arch-emby:latest    did something wrong here?) it says the image is up to date, so i don't know if i can do something to fix this, or wait for the next update and see if next time it downloads the proper one.
What makes you think you aren't running 3.4.1?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Reloth said:

Because both in the Emby dashboard and the log it says it's version 3.4.0.

ok thanks, just wanted to confirm what you were seeing exactly, i can confirm too that its reporting 3.4.0 in the dashboard and log. i have reported this on AUR and they have traced it back to a bad tag from the Emby Dev Team, so it looks like this is 3.4.1 its just somebody forgot to increment the tag version, in short its a cosmetic bug, you can ignore it.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 5/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, binhex said:

ok thanks, just wanted to confirm what you were seeing exactly, i can confirm too that its reporting 3.4.0 in the dashboard and log. i have reported this on AUR and they have traced it back to a bad tag from the Emby Dev Team, so it looks like this is 3.4.1 its just somebody forgot to increment the tag version, in short its a cosmetic bug, you can ignore it.

Gave it a month, was coming here to poke the sleeping bear, glad to see I can quietly tip-toe away.

Thanks for keeping on top of it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...