[Support] binhex - Emby

Hello was there an update last night or this morining? I was watching till pretty late last night, 3am, then went to bed.

This morning everything is gone. All libraries, everything. I tried to log in only to see the default set up page... I have had Emby running on my server for years with no issues, now everything is gone. Appdata shows nothing for libraries it seems like all the DB were deleted along with all settings... The docker setup is the only thing not missing, it is still correct.

Is there a way to recover, and moreover what happened?

Edited by snuffy1pro
17 hours ago, snuffy1pro said:

Hello was there an update last night or this morining?

nope, last build was 18 days ago.

17 hours ago, snuffy1pro said:

now everything is gone. Appdata shows nothing for libraries it seems like all the DB were deleted along with all settings... The docker setup is the only thing not missing, it is still correct.

this sounds like it could be 'mover' causing you issues, check your array and see if your files are now located on the array, if so then 'mover' has moved the files from your cache drive to the array.

if this is the case then you will need to prevent mover by setting your appdata share to 'use cache' = 'only' and then of course move your files back to their original location, restart the container and you should be good to go.

Edited by binhex
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't get the hardware transcoding to work right now either.  I just built this server last week, Intel I5-10400 processor and running the latest binhex-emby docker container.  I have done all the steps in this thread and added the variables to the container settings (GIDLIST = 18, /dev/dri/renderD128) and even added their APP_UID and APP_GID after the first two alone didn't work, even though I'm pretty sure those are now replaced with PUID and PGID in the initial container settings. 

image.thumb.png.7b46feaa6cced8db3c55d8b08fd41607.png

I installed the intel-gpu-tools container to confirm that my system is finding the GPU correctly and it is.  I have a DisplayPort Headless plug in to make sure the GPU is active and enabled all the appropriate settings in the BIOS for it. 

The emby container still isn't finding the GPU:

image.thumb.png.6a0157b5152c0e1ce1baee28b0168356.png

I do have a valid Emby Premiere key in place.

image.png.b0b3daf3a27810b42bc10a9ae90154b6.png

So.... now what? Has something changed in recent releases on what the variable names need to be to find the GPU? 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, thymon said:

Hello ! :)

New update is coming for this docker ? 😛

I was wondering the same. It was released 4 days ago. Here are the fixes in the new version:

• Resolve install failures on certain Synology NAS models
  • Fix include by tags feature returning incorrect content in certain situations
  • Fix SSL http2 errors on Windows 8 & 2012
  • Fix connection issues when used with HAProxy
  • Fix local network address detection causing virtual adapters to be preferred
  • Don't try to schedule wakes when running as windows service
  • Fix audio podcast playback on mono-based platforms
  • Update MovieDb plugin to 1.3.7

Thanks!

Just now, thymon said:

Yes, nothing else...

No update for the docker.

But update needed on Emby sever. 

I must to do manualy ? How to do ?

So you did a force update? Are you running a specific tag? Edit the docker, what do you have in the Repository: field? You might have to switch to advanced view in the top right corner to see it

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to enable quick sync with this container? I have an i3-10100 cpu and enabled iGPU in the bios. I'm able to see the iGPU in /dev/dri, pass the /dev/dri device has a parameter for the container, but I can't see the iGPU in the transcoding section in Emby, under Advanced.

24 minutes ago, touz said:

Has anyone been able to enable quick sync with this container? I have an i3-10100 cpu and enabled iGPU in the bios. I'm able to see the iGPU in /dev/dri, pass the /dev/dri device has a parameter for the container, but I can't see the iGPU in the transcoding section in Emby, under Advanced.

I don't think hardware transcoding is working in this container. IIRC there have been lots of people in this thread complaining about it not working. Switch to the official emby container or the linuxserver one.

45 minutes ago, strike said:

I don't think hardware transcoding is working in this container. IIRC there have been lots of people in this thread complaining about it not working. Switch to the official emby container or the linuxserver one.

After many hours of headache, you are my savior. Took me 2 minutes to setup with the linuxserver docker. Thank you, kind man :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...