Docker won't load

mikeyw

I have been working to get moved over to Unraid 6 from 5. The upgrade went well, now I am getting all the original plugins moved over to dockers. After an update to an existing docker everything fell apart. Now I get (line 942-952) "Not starting Docker: mount error". so not even the gui knows about dockers.  I have attached the syslog and would appreciate any insight to get this back up and running. I updated the "home-assistant" docker and thats when things went south.(as if it really matters now) Plex is running as a plugin (haven't got to that one yet) and no problems so far.

syslog.txt

Found this in your syslog

Feb  7 19:11:37 Falcon emhttp: Starting Docker...
Feb  7 19:11:37 Falcon kernel: BTRFS: device fsid 68299015-c168-45cf-b402-be467d2da451 devid 1 transid 16380 /dev/loop0
Feb  7 19:11:37 Falcon kernel: BTRFS info (device loop0): disk space caching is enabled
Feb  7 19:11:37 Falcon kernel: BTRFS: has skinny extents
Feb  7 19:11:38 Falcon kernel: BTRFS (device loop0): bad tree block start 843464869 843464704
Feb  7 19:11:38 Falcon kernel: BTRFS (device loop0): bad tree block start 843464869 843464704
Feb  7 19:11:38 Falcon kernel: BTRFS: failed to recover balance
Feb  7 19:11:38 Falcon kernel: BTRFS: open_ctree failed
Feb  7 19:11:38 Falcon logger: Not starting Docker: mount error

If you go into settings ==> docker try a scrub of the docker.img

Guys

Thanks for the quick response. I attached a image of the docker tab in settings and there is no clear way to run a scrub of the image from the gui. And from what I can see it doesn't even know that there is a image there. I did notice the lines in the syslog but was not sure what it was telling me. Originally I set the image size to 15GB but perhaps when the container went to update that was where  the issue came in. So stuck again. Is there a way to safely do the scrub from the command line.

Image.png.8bca2769f32629e757fdf46767cab746.png

Guys,

Just a quick one. What if I disable the docker and just changed the size of the docker would that help or hurt. I have not done it yet but just want to know so I don't make an even bigger mess. I am guessing that I would change it to 20GB from 15GB. Just looked at the image size and it is over the 15GB @16106127360. oops . Would it be nice to get a warning before the catastrophe? This all brings up another question, should the docker.img and what ever is necessary for the vm's be on a separate/multiple "cache" drives (out of the arrary) I already running one cache drive in the system, it is 500GB. Thanx again.

Mike

You should change the docker.img size. It will get recreated and you will have to reload all your dockers from your templates. Then you may need to figure out why you are filling it up.

There are warnings for getting your docker.img too full. Do you have any notifications setup?

The cache drive you have should be fine and it is simpler than trying to use out-of-array drives so I would just leave it. I only have 128GB for mine but I only use it for apps and don't cache user shares.

Hey Guys,

Well I go it back up. Had to delete the image and reload all of the dockers. (not too bad) got almost everything running  again. Included a png of the docker screen. I guess that the docker.img file size reflects the size specified when creating it. but from this pic it seems that I am only using a 1/4 of the allocated space hmmmmmm. Oh well we will see how it goes from here. Again thanx for the input. BTW should the "scrub" be run at any specific time or are there some triggers that I need to watch for?

Mike

Image2.png.665839992d30ef2b31c45383fc0d2bd6.png