[Support] ken-ji - Dropbox

I'm sorry, but you have to be more specific... i don't see a log file in the folders it created, i even bashed into the docker with docker exec but also can't find a log file there, or i am overlooking it. And what url do i need to copy? Where do i get this url?

Its been a while, and I haven't found the time to work out the one really annoying bug(?) with dropbox when inside a docker container.

Whatever dropbox client uses to ID the host, it changes and invalidates when unRAID is rebooted.

that said, @jowi I can force the image to update, and it should pull the latest dropbox binaries in. 

I've been running unraid V5 until last week; with a running dropbox plugin for some years, but for some reason that dropbox plugin stopped working. I was hoping with V6 this trouble with Dropbox would be in the past, Dockers were the Big Answer to Everything... but i guess it's still a lot of trouble to get Dropbox working. 

On 5/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, ken-ji said:

Its been a while, and I haven't found the time to work out the one really annoying bug(?) with dropbox when inside a docker container.

Whatever dropbox client uses to ID the host, it changes and invalidates when unRAID is rebooted.

that said, @jowi I can force the image to update, and it should pull the latest dropbox binaries in. 

this error? 

WARNING:tornado.access:404 HEAD /blocks/7516203/........................

10 minutes ago, wdelarme said:

this error? 

WARNING:tornado.access:404 HEAD /blocks/7516203/........................

That's usually a permission error. Check that all the files (particularly new ones) are owned by the same user (default is nobody)

I continue to have permission issues with this docker

the root Dropbox folder is drwx------

where all the other folders under /mnt/users are drwxrwxrwx

the user and groups are the same nobody/users

moving deeper into the Folder 

I have files created mostly by nobody/users

but there are some by jacob/users

and even nobody/nogroup

I tried changing the permission from the terminal but once I relinked to dropbox it changed it back to the above permissions. 

Where/ How do i fix this?

Unfortunately I had to give up with this docker, recurring cumbersome authorisation requests and if files are copied into DB folder/docker will not be uploaded to DB cloud.

Seems to work only as a download-only mode from DB.

Hoping makes sense.

BTW thanks a lot to this great community & ken-ji!

(I just wanted to share my experience)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm, no problem with that, i have one more question before i give up also on this and try to figure out how to make my windows pc dropbox app to point on a NAS drive (i found some method online that tricks it, dunno  if it still works.EDIT: *http://www.rob-st.com/2016/11/17/setup-dropbox-nas-shared-network-drive/* this works.just did it, i think i'm gonna go with this solution i guess. My Computer stays on 24/7, but even a little donwtime would only have effect if i have new files added to DB and wont sync until i turn this on. but thats not a big deal)

When i install db docker as nobody and have the share public i can read/write from other local computers. 
If i make the share private and i TRY to log in with a different user  lets say UserA. I dont have permission. 
If i install the docker as UserA i CAN access it from another computer using UserA logins.

The thing is that i want to have 2 or 3 users accessing the dropbox folder with different permissions each one.
e.g 
Me - full permissions to read/write on all dropbox folder
Media server - Read Only permissions to Music and tv shows folder inside dropbox 
My Mom - read/write to her folder inside dropbox

I know that for the specific folder permission will have to make extra shares, thats ok

But dropbox folder can be accessed only from the install user.

Can you solve this for me?

I guess i wont be turning on and off the NAS so frequenlty after i set it up

Thanks 

Edited by stavr0s13

I don't think dropbox (even natively under windows) was meant to work like this...

But some options I can think of

* You can run this docker in multiple instances - and with docker custom IP support, you can even use it with LAN sync turned on, just in case you want a mobile device (like laptop) to run its own dropbox

* You can make a new "shared" account, then share stuff with it from each user with the appropriate read/write permissions. Then you would publicly share this share.

But I guess this won't give proper/limited access

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, ken-ji said:

Think you've just answered a question I came here to ask - I wondered why there were loads of files missing from my synced folders - checked the log to see:

"This computer isn't linked to any Dropbox account...
Please visit https://www.dropbox.com/cli_link_nonce?nonce=BLAHBLAHBLAH to link this device."

But I guess I need to add "re-link Dropbox" to my Reboot process!

Cheers,

Nate