[Support] binhex - Tvheadend

binhex

15 hours ago, alturismo said:

a matter of personal taste ... ;)

to make it short as its offtopic here, stay in host mode now, keep in mind that its blocking now the used ports in unraid, like 9981-9983, ... so in terms another docker, app, ... needs it you have to rethink your setup. custom:br0 is not everybodys darling ....

Where would be ontopic to discuss this sort of thing?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

I cannot get the application to start: 

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": no such file or directory.

I have no tuner card, I want to get my IPTV stream onboarded in Tvheadend so I can connect Kodi to it. 

Not even sure if this is the right way to go about it. 

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 13.30.23.png

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 13.31.05.png

• 1 year later...

Hi All

How do I define extra parameter

I tried --device=/dev/dvb however that is not a valid node.

I have a Sundtek USB DVBT2/C tuner 

Apr 19 10:04:34 Server kernel: usb 2-2: new high-speed USB device number 7 using ehci-pci

Bus 002 Device 007 Port 2-2ID 2659:1401 Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III (EU)

After installing the driver it says

ATTENTION: Please don't forget to pass through the device:

/dev/bus/usb

--device=/dev/bus/usb 

However it is still not detected.

Edited by bally12345
12 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Hi All

How do I define extra parameter

I tried --device=/dev/dvb however that is not a valid node.

I have a Sundtek USB DVBT2/C tuner 

Apr 19 10:04:34 Server kernel: usb 2-2: new high-speed USB device number 7 using ehci-pci

Bus 002 Device 007 Port 2-2ID 2659:1401 Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III (EU)

After installing the driver it says

ATTENTION: Please don't forget to pass through the device:

/dev/bus/usb

--device=/dev/bus/usb 

However it is still not detected.

this sounds like a driver issue to me, are you sure the dvb-driver plugin (i assume you have that installed right?) supports Sundtek devices?.

• 6 months later...

Hello together,

does anybody know where i need to add the following argument?

TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml http://192.168.1.111:8080/description.xml"

I'm trying to add my SAT>IP Receiver to TVHeadend and that would be the only way that the Discovery is working. But I can't find any suggested place on the Docker itself.

Maybe someone has done that befor.

Thank you and Best Regards

Stefan

1 hour ago, MVLP said:

I'm trying to add my SAT>IP Receiver to TVHeadend and that would be the only way that the Discovery is working. But I can't find any suggested place on the Docker itself.

may try to run the docker in host mode, when your SATIP Server is "regular" it should be discoverd automatically ...

otherwise, you have to wait for others which may can help as im using another tvheadend docker with SATIP where RUN_OPTS is added as enviroment variable and there you could add this too in bridge mode, but also consider to bind ports (tuners) and map ports (docker) when running in bridge to get a more stable setup with SATIP, not necassary in host mode ...

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

may try to run the docker in host mode, when your SATIP Server is "regular" it should be discoverd automatically ...

otherwise, you have to wait for others which may can help as im using another tvheadend docker with SATIP where RUN_OPTS is added as enviroment variable and there you could add this too in bridge mode, but also consider to bind ports (tuners) and map ports (docker) when running in bridge to get a more stable setup with SATIP, not necassary in host mode ...

I changes the Network from bridge to host and now it's seeing the Sat>IP Receiver.

Thank you for the idea!

• Like 1