Disk Assignment "Print View"

gundamguy

One of the best things you can do is print screen or print out a copy of your disk assignments...

Could we facilitate this a bit more by having a Tool or something that puts this information into a more "print view" friendly mode. This is a minor thing, but I think it would be more use friendly, and point people to realize that this is information you want to keep a copy of....

Also I think this is a bit more important now that the Main page is formatted with tabs (by default).

If a "print view" exists maybe it should be better highlighted.

One of the best things you can do is print screen or print out a copy of your disk assignments...

Could we facilitate this a bit more by having a Tool or something that puts this information into a more "print view" friendly mode. This is a minor thing, but I think it would be more use friendly, and point people to realize that this is information you want to keep a copy of....

Also I think this is a bit more important now that the Main page is formatted with tabs (by default).

Sounds good, and I'd like to suggest either a plain text page, or a link to download a txt file to print or save if desired.

Can you print easily from the output of this plugin:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40223.0

i routinely use the snipping tool in Win 7 (or later) to capture screen images for future reference.  its easy to use to make a JPG file.

I agree that it's really easy to find a way to make a copy of this information. There are thousands of ways to do it, including hand writing it on the back of a dirty napkin....even just printing the main page now is pretty good (though there is a lot of wasted space and logos that don't need to be included etc...)

The point of this request isn't that this is hard to do, it's that it's not obviously a thing that you should do, and unRAID doesn't really provide the tools by default to do it, in a user friendly, legible, clean, way.

I agree with jonathanm a button that takes you to a plain text view of your disk assignments would be great.

Also thumbs up to theone for the plugin. I'm not trying to take away from your plugin just suggesting that some basic functions should be in the unRAID webgui by default.

I was thinking about this again when I was reading this support request.

It occurs to me that I think what this feature should really be, is a "print view" of all the settings you would need to configure to go from a fully up and running system to a clean flash back to a fully up and configured system.

So disk assignments, share settings, scheduler settings, etc, needed to get up and running and back to as good as new...

I'm not sure this is possible, but I think this would be very valuable.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived