Help !! unRAID v5.0.4 won't reboot

Hi,

I need serious help. All of my itunes library is stored on my array. Everything relatively fine for many years and the array was always up.

But lately it has been getting slow and I thought that maybe an upgrade to 6.0.1 would be useful.

I followed the method using the plugin (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41003.0).

I downloaded the file. Took the array off and switched off the server. Mounted the USB with unraid on my Mac and transferred the file into config/plugin.

Now I eject the USB, put it back into the server and try to reboot.

No reboot. I get stuck at VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

if I do so, I get a kernel panic.

I didn't change anything or write anything that would require that it now needs a floppy disk. The array was up a moment earlier.

What should I do now?? Help welcome to an obvious noob. I'm willing to buy a new USB drive with v6 on it but will I be able to restore my config and get access to my drives again so I can get to my music?

Thanks !!!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-16_at_4_29.24_PM.png.370dd9d37b7efa7086331e606795e5ec.png

as far as I know yes. I get a screen that ask what to boot, unraid or unraid safe (both are giving the same error).

if I go into the UEFI setup utility of the motherboard I can choose to boot USB with the unraid on it

It actually says

Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:

0000 15724544 sda driver:sd

0001 15724543 sda1 00000000-01

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (2,0)

Pid:1, com:swapper/0 Not tainted 3.9.11p-unRAID #4

Call Trace:

then it's panic ...

2016-02-16_18_16_46.jpg.00d21170b90a7022c49386098ec183f2.jpg

First of all, there shouldn't be any problem with your data, so you can relax on that score. I do wonder if the plugin upgrade from 5 to 6.01 even works any more though. Or if it does, will it actually do 6.01 instead of the latest version?. You can't even download 6.01 from the Limetech website anymore.

Maybe forget about that method and use the wiki method instead: Upgrading to UnRAID v6

Do I need a new license then ? Sorry

No. You can use your V5 license file with V6. If you do a fresh V6 install to the same physical USB stick, and copy your existing key file that you backed up into the config folder on the freshly prepared V6 files, it will find and use the license just fine. If you use a different USB stick with your old license file, it will walk you through deauthorizing your old USB and transferring the license to the new stick the first time you access the new V6 web GUI.

Ok

First of all a big Thank you for all of your help

I have a Plus.key file in the config folder (from my backup).

I did a clean install on another USB drive (just to try) and it worked and I can see my drives etc... but because I have 4 drives and a cache I cannot access to them.

So if I transfer my Plus.key file in my new config file I should be good to go ?? Then I re-allocate the drives the way they were before and that's it??