not able to connect to privat shares on some PCs

Datulab

Hello everyone

I'm relatively new to unraid. I set up a NAS with 3 3TB drives (one as a parity) and created some users and shares.

When I'm at my desktop everything works fine. But when I'm on a laptop (I tried two different) I can only connect to public shares, not privat ones. I typed the same username and password on the laptop like on the desktop but I can't connect. I also tried to connect the laptop via Ethernet but it didn't work either.

Besides the NAS stuff I'm running Plex which works flawlessly.

Thank you for your help!

PS: sorry for my bad English

Even if it asks you to login, Windows will not allow you to be logged in to a remote machine more than once. If you already accessed a public share, then whatever user was used to access that public share is the only user that can connect. Go to Control Panel - Credential Manager and clear any credentials to the server so they can be renegotiated. Then access the private share before trying to access anything else so you will have a chance to connect with the correct user before another connection is already established.

Ok, so far so good. I did what you said and it worked on one Laptop.

On the other Laptop I still can't access the privat share. On my desktop I'm connected to the same share as I want to connect with my second laptop. I don't know if that is a problem but I also tried to create a different user on unraid which has read/write rights too on that share but no further process.

Ok, so far so good. I did what you said and it worked on one Laptop.

On the other Laptop I still can't access the privat share. On my desktop I'm connected to the same share as I want to connect with my second laptop. I don't know if that is a problem but I also tried to create a different user on unraid which has read/write rights too on that share but no further process.

As many machines as you want can connect, but they each are subject to the same Windows restriction of only having one login to any particular remote machine. Have you deleted the credentials from each machine and then tried to connect to the private share?

Ok, I think I'm not really expressing myself clear enough. In the beginning only my desktop worked, both laptops not. Then I did what you said on both laptops. After that it worked on my desktop and one Laptop. I did the same thing on the other Laptop but for some reason I still can't access private shares. When I go to the credential manager there are no credentials displayed anymore but the "map network device" function is acting the same way it did on the first Laptop (which works now) when there still were credentials. But I double checked that there are no credentials on the second Laptop.

The only difference between those Laptops is, that they access different shares: Desktop accesses privat share A, Laptop1 accesses privat share B, Laptop2 accesses privat share A.

I hope this further explanation helps!

But thanks anyways for the help you gave me already!