segfault

mikeyw

Hello All,

I seem to be having an issue with my unraid server. The hardware was working flawlessly for the last few years, now since upgrading to Unraid 6 I have been having issues. I have attached a copy of the last syslog. It seems to stay up for about a day or so and then slowly it rots away till I have to reboot. currently I have Plex running as a plugin. SAB, Sickbeard, headphones, MQtt running as dockers. I have had nothing but trouble with couchpotato as a docker so it's loaded as a docker but not running till I can get to it. It really seems to escalate the issues when it is running. I am sure that I am missing something but just not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. with my untrained eye libcrypto.?? python2.7 and python3.4 seem to be the culprits but unsure how to solve or why it is an issue. 

ThanX

Mike

syslog.txt

A few suggestions -

* With any segfault, it's a good idea to run Memtest a few passes (perhaps over night), make sure it's not a memory chip going bad.

* The Cache drive needs a file system cleaning, has some corruption.  See Check Disk File systems.

* Not sure what is causing the issues with Python and the others, but it's possibly connected with either of the above.  Let's see if they continue after any memory repairs and the Cache drive fix.

* The fact that you are running both Python 3.4 and Python 2.7 could be a serious source of conflict.  Can you figure out what is loading each, and why?  Might have a 'dependency hell' issue.  I can see you are running mostly Dockers, but are you running any Pythons in plugins?

* With v6, we prefer including the full diagnostics, not just the syslog.  See Need help? Read me first!

A few suggestions -

* With any segfault, it's a good idea to run Memtest a few passes (perhaps over night), make sure it's not a memory chip going bad.

Well started with this. Wow got tons of errors. Seems to be up at 4855mb to 5015mb and always seems to be bit 0 and 1  in the test byte that are read or written wrong. So until I fix this first , can't go too much further.

* The Cache drive needs a file system cleaning, has some corruption.  See Check Disk File systems.

Once I fix the memory issues I will check this out. I think that there is a corrupt file. When I went to look at the log file for sickbeard (sickbeard.log) the permissions size etc were all ?'s. I could not delete it or anything else in that dir or the dir itself.

BTW: since I was on Unraid 5 and the drives are reisersf should they be changed? Don't want to lose my data (about 6TB) though.

* Not sure what is causing the issues with Python and the others, but it's possibly connected with either of the above.  Let's see if they continue after any memory repairs and the Cache drive fix.

check! got it

* The fact that you are running both Python 3.4 and Python 2.7 could be a serious source of conflict.  Can you figure out what is loading each, and why?  Might have a 'dependency hell' issue.  I can see you are running mostly Dockers, but are you running any Pythons in plugins?

Not sure who is using python but will look into is after solving the mem problem. removed docker; MQtt (don't need it now). Currently the only (non system) installed plugins are "Plex" and "Powerdown" are that are running.

* With v6, we prefer including the full diagnostics, not just the syslog.  See Need help? Read me first!

I will remember that next time I post. sorry! I did look at it, way more info all wrapped up in a zip file. I could have been helpful.

ThanX RobJ

I will post status here as I get things repaired. Hopefully it can help someone else too.

Mike