Disable Disk Shares Except Cache Drive

No.

And cache is like any other drive as far as the warning to not mix disks and user shares when moving or copying. Why do you want to share cache?

i interact with cache disk more for recently added content instead of loading my full entire share. i know not to mix disk & user shares.

makes it easy to rename, move, and add content from downloads folder only on cache drive

So why not interact with the cache only share?

because i have to mount cache share and then the user shares where files will go to

if i mount the cache disk share i only mount once and do everything in that disk share

I'm a little unclear about your use of the word "mount" here. Do you actually mean "mapping a network drive" or are you working with this from another Linux machine?

And this talk about having the cache share and the user share where the files will go makes me worry about what I said earlier. You should not move or copy from the cache share (which is a disk share) to a user share.

I'm a little unclear about your use of the word "mount" here. Do you actually mean "mapping a network drive" or are you working with this from another Linux machine?

And this talk about having the cache share and the user share where the files will go makes me worry about what I said earlier. You should not move or copy from the cache share (which is a disk share) to a user share.

mac user but yes pretty much when i map a network drive/mount.

ive been doing it for years and hasnt been a problem

Example:

this is my cache share disk with cache only shares

Cache Disk Share

--/appdata

--/appdata/docker.img

--/appdata/config

--/appdata/config/apps

--/downloads

--/downloads/complete

--/downloads/incomplete

--/vm

--/vm/iso

--/vm/vdisks/

if i want to something moved to a user share i just move it to the root of the cache disk share

mover script will take care of moving it to the appropriate user share

***so previous cache shares from above***

--/media/tv shows

--/meda/movies

--/media/anime

--/media/music

--/work

--/work/2015

--/work/2016

--/work/files

so i find it easier to work within the cache disk share mount/mapped because i can do everything there

instead of mount/mapping 2 user shares /downloads & /media