Dune HD stutters / playback issues with V6

Thanks for responding.  Tried those things.  Nothing helped.  The issue is REALLY bad today that's why I tried to spend some more time.  Only using 1 switch now and switched it out with another and it did not help.  I did not play with the Cache yet but disabled NIC flow control and NIC offload.  I have noted some errors logged in the network window on the dashboard.  How do I go about troubleshooting them?  My log is FULL of UPS errors I guess I cant figure out how to get my tripplite rackmount UPS to work.  Might have to use an APC. Ill attach a diag file I got before rebooting.

Edit: I deleted my SMART files to make the zip folder attachment below the 192 KB limit.   

tower-diagnostics-20160530-1913_2.zip

• 3 years later...
On 5/30/2016 at 7:39 PM, allischalmersman said:

Thanks for responding.  Tried those things.  Nothing helped.  The issue is REALLY bad today that's why I tried to spend some more time.  Only using 1 switch now and switched it out with another and it did not help.  I did not play with the Cache yet but disabled NIC flow control and NIC offload.  I have noted some errors logged in the network window on the dashboard.  How do I go about troubleshooting them?  My log is FULL of UPS errors I guess I cant figure out how to get my tripplite rackmount UPS to work.  Might have to use an APC. Ill attach a diag file I got before rebooting.

Edit: I deleted my SMART files to make the zip folder attachment below the 192 KB limit.   

tower-diagnostics-20160530-1913_2.zip 184.41 kB · 12 downloads

I have a similar problem...my setup is pausing at random times during Bluray, and 4k movies played on a Dune HD Pro 4k. I have a GS200 Cisco Switch which connects all my AV equipment to the NAS. Sometimes it will pause several times during a movie...last night it paused 2 times during a movie (almost exactly 1 hour apart during the movie). I checked to see when my drives shutdown and it was set at 3 hours. This also started with V6 on my setup, but I also added the Dune HD Pro at the same time in my situation. I tried copying a couple of movies to my WD external drive and then playing them directly to the USB port on the Dune and they played flawlessly..so I figure it has to be something in UnRaid or my Cisco Switch.  I have also tried playing Bluray rips on my Linux machine with the NAS and it does the same thing. I even switched the cpu setting (Unraid) to performance, and it made it worse so I switched it back again. I am not sure what to do now. I have another Cisco SG200-24 I will swap in to see if it solves the problem. I will report back.

Did you ever solve it? I am running this nic https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-LSI-9201-16i-6Gbps-16-lane-SAS-HBA-P20-IT-Mode-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID/163746095726?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron

I have a similar problem...my setup is pausing at random times during Bluray, and 4k movies played on a Dune HD Pro 4k. I have a GS200 Cisco Switch which connects all my AV equipment to the NAS. Sometimes it will pause several times during a movie...last night it paused 2 times during a movie (almost exactly 1 hour apart during the movie). I checked to see when my drives shutdown and it was set at 3 hours. This also started with V6 on my setup, but I also added the Dune HD Pro at the same time in my situation. I tried copying a couple of movies to my WD external drive and then playing them directly to the USB port on the Dune and they played flawlessly..so I figure it has to be something in UnRaid or my Cisco Switch.  I have also tried playing Bluray rips on my Linux machine with the NAS and it does the same thing. I even switched the cpu setting (Unraid) to performance, and it made it worse so I switched it back again. I am not sure what to do now. I have another Cisco SG200-24 I will swap in to see if it solves the problem. I will report back.

Did you ever solve it? I am running this nic https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-LSI-9201-16i-6Gbps-16-lane-SAS-HBA-P20-IT-Mode-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID/163746095726?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

thanks,
Ron
This was 4 years ago. I stopped using Dune mostly because of this problem. Once I stumbled on Plex I started using MKV files and also keeping the BD folders just in case some day I go back to something that can direct play.

I seriously seriously doubt it's your Cisco switch. I tried other switches etc all with no help. The SG200 is not a bad little pro-sumer level switch. How portable is your UnRaid? Is it possible to take it to your dune, or your dune to it, or get a 150' ethernet cord and directly hook them together? Assign both a static address in the same subnet and try using it that way. That will completely eliminate the middle network equipment as a variable.

I assume the existing install has the Dune and the Unraid on the same VLAN and no routing is taking place for the conversation?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes. What I think I am going to do is run 3 WD Desktop 10TB USB3 HDDs. I have tried a 8TB with Dune and it plays 4k flawlessly. I will then use Unraid for a true backup NAS. I also have Plex Docker on it so I can also use Plex if I wish.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk