[Support] Linuxserver.io - Muximux

Recent docker update got it working on my phone but wont run on my tablet. The new 2.0 must not be coded for my tablet screen size or something. Still have failing css, not sure why it works via phone browser though.

I had problems until I cleared my browser cache

Yep that did it. Except its still a bit strange. I cant remove items, like some of the buttons dont work.  Maybe its got some developmebt to go still on the app side.

Seems to be a port issue too with the new version . I set -p 81:80 and it is not working. It worked last version. However, instead it is doing it in reverse...

37cc329a00ed        linuxserver/muximux               "/init"             21 seconds ago      Up 13 seconds       443/tcp, 0.0.0.0:81->80/tcp    muximux

Seems to be a port issue too with the new version . I set -p 81:80 and it is not working. It worked last version. However, instead it is doing it in reverse...

37cc329a00ed        linuxserver/muximux               "/init"             21 seconds ago      Up 13 seconds       443/tcp, 0.0.0.0:81->80/tcp    muximux

port mapping is solely a host issue

Hey all, having some trouble accessing muximux through LE. My Muximux has authentication enabled, and everything works fine accessing via HTTP.

Once i access via LE Reverse Proxy URL thats when I have issues. I can access the Muximux login, but once I'm logged in all I'm getting is error, file not found.

Here is my LE default conf:

server {
listen 443 ssl default_server;

root /config/www;
index index.html index.htm index.php;

server_name services.hostname.com;

ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;
ssl_ciphers 'ciphers';
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
	#auth_basic "Restricted";
	#auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
	proxy_pass http://192.168.1.50:8080;
	#try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
}

Note: I've commented out my auth_basic as I'm trying to use built in Muximux authentication.

In testing, I am able to get to the login page when accessing services.hostname.com. But when I login, it redirects to services.hostname.com/index.php, and I believe that is the issue.

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, mgworek said:

since updating to 6.3.2 I can't get the the unraid dashboard to show in the app anymore. cleared cache and no luck, tried with 2 browsers. having it going to just  http://ipaddress

anyone have any luck with unraid show up?

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 9.10.56 AM.png

This is caused by the recent security added in unraid. It's mentioned in the previous page.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, vortexrap said:

Hey all, having some trouble accessing muximux through LE. My Muximux has authentication enabled, and everything works fine accessing via HTTP.

Once i access via LE Reverse Proxy URL thats when I have issues. I can access the Muximux login, but once I'm logged in all I'm getting is error, file not found.

Here is my LE default conf:

server {

root /config/www;

ssl_ciphers 'ciphers';

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
	#try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
}

Note: I've commented out my auth_basic as I'm trying to use built in Muximux authentication.

In testing, I am able to get to the login page when accessing services.hostname.com. But when I login, it redirects to services.hostname.com/index.php, and I believe that is the issue.

Thanks for any help!

Same thing happens to me.  Did you ever resolve this?

10 hours ago, xhaloz said:

Same thing happens to me.  Did you ever resolve this?

Unfortunately not. I'm 99% sure the reason is because of the way the authentication works. It displays the login page as the base URL but then REDIRECTS to index.php. I don't think that this behavior plays nicely with reverse proxy support and built-in authentication. 

I've since disabled built-in auth and have fallen back to basic auth as a workaround.

I'll probably open a ticket on their github page to explain my findings. Anyone else think this is the root issue?

I was able to resolve my issue by removing some lines in my LE config. This is working for me:

server {

root /config/www;

ssl_ciphers ciphers;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
	}

I based some of this off deuxcolors config in this comment: 

Edited by vortexrap
6 hours ago, vortexrap said:

Unfortunately not. I'm 99% sure the reason is because of the way the authentication works. It displays the login page as the base URL but then REDIRECTS to index.php. I don't think that this behavior plays nicely with reverse proxy support and built-in authentication. 

I've since disabled built-in auth and have fallen back to basic auth as a workaround.

I'll probably open a ticket on their github page to explain my findings. Anyone else think this is the root issue?

I was able to resolve my issue by removing some lines in my LE config. This is working for me:

server {

root /config/www;

ssl_ciphers ciphers;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
	}

I based some of this off deuxcolors config in this comment: 

What exactly did you change?  These look the same side by side.  I see that ssl_ciphers doesn't have the quotes anymore.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:54 PM, xhaloz said:

What exactly did you change?  These look the same side by side.  I see that ssl_ciphers doesn't have the quotes anymore.

I had some old config text that was causing some weird behavior below that quoted block. Unfortunately I don't have the exact text any more to post. I would make sure that your configuration is similar to the one I posted, and that the remaining block just has the reverse proxy blocks.

• 3 months later...

Please help, I am currently locked out from Muximux.

I enter the settings in Muximux and enabled auth but I did not change any of the standard username or passoword and when I accidently reloaded the page I came to Muximux login and I am now prompt to enter a username and password.

Anyone know the standard username / password? Or can check in the settings what's the standard?

I've tried so many combinations including "admin" as username and "Muximux" as password. 

*EDIT* I solved it by changing in the settings.ini.php file at the authentication line to false.

Edited by truetype
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, cthog said:

When I install Muximux in docker, I can't connect--keep getting 502 Error with nginx.  I've tried scouring the web, but can't find anything on point.  Can someone help?  I have the same issue with Organizr, whereas HTPC Manager will run (but I don't like it, lol!)

Please post a screenshot of the docker template.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking--the image is the linuxserver/muximux pull.

I create the container with the following:

docker create \
  --name=muximux \
  --restart always \
  -v /home/docker/muximux/config:/config \
  -e PGID=0 -e PUID=0  \
  -p 6767:80 \
  -p 4443:443 \
linuxserver/muximux

I'm attaching a screenshot of my Portainer screen, which should show variables.  If you're looking for something else, just let me know, sorry if I'm not getting it. (Somewhat noobish, especially to Docker.)

Could it be because my host runs Apache2 instead of Nginx?

Screencap - Muximux container.png

4 hours ago, cthog said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking--the image is the linuxserver/muximux pull.

I create the container with the following:

docker create \
  --name=muximux \
  --restart always \
  -v /home/docker/muximux/config:/config \
  -e PGID=0 -e PUID=0  \
  -p 6767:80 \
  -p 4443:443 \
linuxserver/muximux

I'm attaching a screenshot of my Portainer screen, which should show variables.  If you're looking for something else, just let me know, sorry if I'm not getting it. (Somewhat noobish, especially to Docker.)

Could it be because my host runs Apache2 instead of Nginx?

Screencap - Muximux container.png

This is an unraid forum, so let's keep to unraid stuff. Please go to our forum at linuxserver.io, as you don't use unraid.