gfjardim CUPS - any success?

Hey Guys,

I've been fiddling around with this docker container for ages with no luck. I install it, configure the printer in the CUPS web admin, then the printer doesn't show up anywhere in windows. I've rebooted both windows PC and server, has anyone got it working with any success and if so could you please tell me how you did it?

• 2 years later...

I kind of feel bad stealing the tread, but I feel like I'm having a similar problem.

I installed CUPS and seems that it's running OK, but I can't add a printer for my life.

I have no VMs running, I'm just using the docker. When I click to add a printer, mine doesn't show up on the list to select from. I have a HP Deskjet 2514 connected by USB.

when I click to add printer it shows:

Local Printers:  CUPS-PDF (Virtual PDF Printer)
 HP Printer (HPLIP) 
 HP Fax (HPLIP) 
Discovered Network Printers:  
Other Network Printers:  Backend Error Handler 
 Internet Printing Protocol (http) 
 Internet Printing Protocol (ipp) 
 LPD/LPR Host or Printer 
 Internet Printing Protocol (ipps) 
 Internet Printing Protocol (ipp14) 
 Internet Printing Protocol (https) 
 AppSocket/HP JetDirect 

Doesn't matter which one I pick, I can't seem to get the URI that is asked next.But I did find the make model as HP Deskjet 2510 series, hpcups 3.16.3 (en).

I'm attempting to get this working, but I also would like to be able to use the scanner feature(if it can save to unRAID automatically), and print from android and iphone.

Any help is really appreciated.