Openelec VM will only run once on fresh Unraid boot

EMKO

I can't get Openelec to GPU passthrought more then once before having to reboot my Unraid machine is there a way to fix this? I can still SSH into the openelec VM i just cant get the GPU working once again. This would not be a problem but sometimes Openelec crashes/freezes up having to reboot the whole Unraid is not something i want to do.

What's your GPU? Is it being used by the console? Is your VM set to autostart? Just a guess, but if the GPU gets passed through to the VM on boot, but then gets assigned back to the host when the VM is restarted, maybe the host doesn't want to relinquish control of the device back to the VM afterward?

Like I said, just a guess, but I've seen weird things happen when a GPU is shared between host and VM, especially with Nvidia cards.

I have to use 2 GPUs one is for Unraid geforce 210 and another i use for openelec geforce 430

can't get Unraid to GPU pass through a single card without on board graphics that's why i need 2.

Does not matter if its auto started to manually started once it starts i can not get it to GPU pass through again if i stop the VM

Hopefully this and the 1 GPU problem get fixed other wise its not looking good, in the mean time is there anything i can do to fix this?

Have you tried swapping the two cards?  Not all cards support PCI reset, which basically means that they'll work the first time but that's it.  Had that problem with a USB card I was trying to use..  Had to hard reboot unraid every time I needed to restart the VM.

Try swapping them, boot unraid off the 430 and pass the 210 to openelec and see if you have any luck.

Have you tried swapping the two cards?  Not all cards support PCI reset, which basically means that they'll work the first time but that's it.  Had that problem with a USB card I was trying to use..  Had to hard reboot unraid every time I needed to restart the VM.

Try swapping them, boot unraid off the 430 and pass the 210 to openelec and see if you have any luck.

really its a hardware problem? ahh well this is useless then, still does not make sense how it can work once but not again