Musicbot for Discord

truetype

Hello!

I have a Discord Server that I use daily for chatting and communicating with my friends. But I'd like to add a Musicbot to my server which I found one here https://github.com/SexualRhinoceros/MusicBot.

Could someone please tell me IF or HOW I can install this to my unraid server running 6.1.8?

Of if there's no way to install it on unraid I must install it on a Windows 10 Virutal Machine?

Thanks in advance,

TrueType

Would be far easier (and better for maintaining) to throw this into a Docker based on a python base image instead of going through plugin hell.

Okey, thanks. Can I do that myself without any previous experience of making an own docker plugin?  :)

docker containers are not necessarily unRAID specific.  The only thing that is specific to unRAID is a custom template partially pre-filled to make setting any mappings easier.

There are several musicBot docker containers already on dockerHub, so it is likely that one of those will be satisfactory without the need to create your own container.  If you use the Community Applications plugin installed, and have enabled it to search dockerHub under Settings->Community Applications->General then you can use one of these and the CA plugin will generate an empty template for you to fill in mapping options.

docker containers are not necessarily unRAID specific.  The only thing that is specific to unRAID is a custom template partially pre-filled to make setting any mappings easier.

There are several musicBot docker containers already on dockerHub, so it is likely that one of those will be satisfactory without the need to create your own container.  If you use the Community Applications plugin installed, and have enabled it to search dockerHub under Settings->Community Applications->General then you can use one of these and the CA plugin will generate an empty template for you to fill in mapping options.

That was a new feature for me, now I can see some musicbot's appear when I search the community apps!

But I don't understand how I know which one I can use that works with the musicbot for discord I linked in topic?

Any docker out in the wild wild web may or may not work at all and the only thing you have to go on as far as how to set them up is whatever their author may have given in the form of documentation. Often they will just tell you how to start them with the docker run command, but that may be all you need. The main thing the unRAID docker page is doing is providing a form to enter and save things that are used in the docker run command.

Any docker out in the wild wild web may or may not work at all and the only thing you have to go on as far as how to set them up is whatever their author may have given in the form of documentation. Often they will just tell you how to start them with the docker run command, but that may be all you need. The main thing the unRAID docker page is doing is providing a form to enter and save things that are used in the docker run command.

Okey, thank you.. So I suppose, unless none who knows programming is going to make this into a working plugin / docker there's nothing I can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...