[Solved] After creating Windows 10 VM the VNC Remote pops up NoVNC

zekemdm

Hello, I have just created a VM for Windows 10 install using the provided videos on the Lime Technology website. After I click on the create VM button the Virtual Machines window refreshes and has the Windows icon with a green play symbol indicating the VM is running. I click on the symbol, select VNC Remote and a grey screen with no VNC pops up. Can someone assist with why this occurs and how to remedy it?

I have included the diagnostic file in case it is needed.

Thank you.

nas-diagnostics-20160228-2012.zip

Hello, I have just created a VM for Windows 10 install using the provided videos on the Lime Technology website. After I click on the create VM button the Virtual Machines window refreshes and has the Windows icon with a green play symbol indicating the VM is running. I click on the symbol, select VNC Remote and a grey screen with no VNC pops up. Can someone assist with why this occurs and how to remedy it?

I have included the diagnostic file in case it is needed.

NoVNC is the name of the VNC version that is started when you click that button so such a windows popping up is expected behaviour.

I find that for some reason that route does not always seem to successfully connect to the screen for the VM, but if I run a VNC viewer on my Windows system (I use UltraVNC) then it connects with no issues.    Once I have the VM set up I switch it to using RDP as it gives better performance than VNC.  Also using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection manager makes it easy to use and manage multiple RDP sessions to different VMs.  I have not found a similar piece of software that  gives multiple VNC sessions easily managed