Drives HOT during parity check

This is a very basic question.  Sorry for that. 

I upgraded my Norco setup to 6.0.  Since then my parity checks cause my drives to run hot.  Maybe it's because I was not getting notifications of this with version 5.

I'll check all my fans and look at my bios to see if I can set some new setting to increase overall fan speed.  I think my hardware is in my signature.

When I need to look into my bios I must bring home a monitor, keyboard and mouse from work to connect to my box.  Is there an easier way to do this?  Or since I'm booting my box, the only way to view bios is from a monitor directly connected to it?

I'll check all my fans and look at my bios to see if I can set some new setting to increase overall fan speed.  I think my hardware is in my signature.

When I need to look into my bios I must bring home a monitor, keyboard and mouse from work to connect to my box.  Is there an easier way to do this?  Or since I'm booting my box, the only way to view bios is from a monitor directly connected to it?

I thought that MB had IPMI support so that you could do this over the network?

I'm getting notifications at 38 degrees and into the 40's (which is too hot, in my opinion).  It is upstairs, in Texas and hot air does rise.

I will check into my bios settings.

Does anyone have a quick ipmi guide?  or fast step by step that I could follow?  I'll download the SuperMicro manual and check the wiki for unraid and see what I can find but a quick step by step of what it intails just to get me started would be much appreciated...

Rick (this is a great community)

Last question, for now,

From my main Windows computer that is connected via ethernet. I log into my unraid with IPMIView and the NIC used on my unraid SuperMicro stays the same or do I plug the dedicated IPMI Nic into my Windows machine and control the box this way?

Thank you, in advance,

Rick

what would be the best to adjust fan speed and settings?  How do you change bios settings this way?

Fan speed can be adjusted in ipmi.  Your motherboard bios is separate from ipmi. You have to reset your server in order to get into mb bios settings.

• 4 weeks later...