Monthly Parity Errors

I woke up to see 67 non corrected errors. First monthly parity errors in years! I have V4.7 and would like to upgrade to at least V5 but not with these errors. Nothing in the smart test reports (no errors). I ran another non correcting parity check this time 27 different errors. Third time 6 errors that were different than the first two. I have not run a correcting parity check.

I am now running MEMTEST86. How long should I run MEMTEST86? If memory checks out, what next? How do I test controllers?

PB

I woke up to see 67 non corrected errors. First monthly parity errors in years! I have V4.7 and would like to upgrade to at least V5 but not with these errors. Nothing in the smart test reports (no errors). I ran another non correcting parity check this time 27 different errors. Third time 6 errors that were different than the first two. I have not run a correcting parity check.

I am now running MEMTEST86. How long should I run MEMTEST86? If memory checks out, what next? How do I test controllers?

Definitely don't do a correcting check.  With it changing each time, I would expect 3 or 4 passes should be enough to clearly indicate if it's RAM or not.  Hoping it's RAM, because that's definitive and an easy fix, otherwise it can be difficult to figure out.

I don't think these errors should be a reason not to upgrade, and I would advise going all the way to v6.1.8.  A newer version might have better hardware support and better error reporting, which could help here.  Just make a backup of course, so you can revert back.  Use the instructions here ->  Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide