jonp

Intel IGD (integrated graphics) Pass Through Support - March 2016 Update

104 posts in this topic Last Reply

So I am trying to get using the intel GVT-G to make my iGPU accelerate multi-VM, is it possible for UNRAID now? I'm using the iGPU compatible with the iGVT project.

Hello,

I read through all posts and it seems that GPU passthrough for i7-8700 (integrated GPU  - HDU 630) on Asus MoBo is not available to run OSX VM.

Here is my post with all details on CPU, MoBo, errors and other stuff.

My CPU is compatible with iGTV project (which supports Intel i-7 8th generation)

Are there any solutions as of July 31, 2019, to pass through this GPU?

Any step by step guide would be appreciated!

Btw, I entered BIOS, and ensured that primary Graphics is set to use the Integrated GPU on my CPU. I can start OSX VM but I get frozen login screen and cannot proceed.

Thank you!

On 7/31/2019 at 10:19 PM, emod said:

Hello,

I read through all posts and it seems that GPU passthrough for i7-8700 (integrated GPU  - HDU 630) on Asus MoBo is not available to run OSX VM.

Here is my post with all details on CPU, MoBo, errors and other stuff.

My CPU is compatible with iGTV project (which supports Intel i-7 8th generation)

Are there any solutions as of July 31, 2019, to pass through this GPU?

Any step by step guide would be appreciated!

Btw, I entered BIOS, and ensured that primary Graphics is set to use the Integrated GPU on my CPU. I can start OSX VM but I get frozen login screen and cannot proceed.

Thank you!

Hi emod, I'm running an i-7 8700 with and Asus h370-I and I have tried every single solution I could find and none of them have been successful. The furthest I have got is when running a VM on Seabios I can get a display of the Seabios Post screen but it just sits there with a flashing cursor. I'm desperate to find a solution.

I had a couple of questions related to this:

Does this work with the mediated passthrough? (multiple virtual GPUs created from one real devices) or only GVT-d (single device)?

Reading around it sounds like coffeelake support exists but its a pretty recent development and there aren't a lot of reports in the wild. Some people claim they have it working on arch though, I believe it requires 5.1 or 5.2 linux kernel. Are there plans to merge this in?