unRAID Server Release 6.1.9 Available

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated to 6.1.9.  My Plex Docker image became an orphan image.  Now, I can't re-install anyone's version of Plex.  Other than that, it's working fine.

I'm having the same issue, but plexpy instead of plex. My plex docker is fine.

I've deleted and re-created the docker image (even renamed it), still getting an orphan image when I recreate plexpy.

Very strange.

It's being worked on...

Now been fixed....

Update plugins for a newer version of dynamix webgui....

It's working now.  Thanks.

Looks like plugin update notifications still isn't working.:(

Was hoping that update would have been included in this release.

I am getting plugin update notifications again since upgrading to 6.1.9!

I noticed this morning that all my plugins showed status of "unknown". When I ran a manual check for updates I found CA had an update available. Never got a notification.

Edit: My bad. I had plugin updates set to check once per week. :-[

Hello, I have 6.1.8 on multiple machines.  Just tried to do an upgrade in place.  Not good.

Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount roots on unknown_block(0,0)

This was on reboot immediately after the GUI download of 6.1.9.  Occurs on boot spew immediately after switching clock source to tsc.  No intermediate hardware changes.  Literally on reboot from running box. 

Is there an easy way to move the bits on the flash drive back to 6.1.8 without losing all of my configuration?

-e-

Hello, I have 6.1.8 on multiple machines.  Just tried to do an upgrade in place.  Not good.

This was on reboot immediately after the GUI download of 6.1.9.  Occurs on boot spew immediately after switching clock source to tsc.  No intermediate hardware changes.  Literally on reboot from running box. 

Is there an easy way to move the bits on the flash drive back to 6.1.8 without losing all of my configuration?

That error message is almost certainly nothing to do with the 6.1.9 upgrade, but is instead an issue with the USB stick.

I would suggest that you start by putting the drive into a Windows computer so that it can check (and possibly repair) the file system.  Then extract the bzimage and bzroot files from the ZIP download of unRAID 6.1.9 and overwrite the versions on the USB stick with the extracted version.  If that does not work then I suspect that either your USB stick or the USB port is starting to fail.  While you are at it I would suggest making a backup of the USB stick files to a location on your PC.

Can you check this for a VM.

1: edit xml

2: cancel

For me it takes me to edit VM and when cancel again it reload edit

Yep can confirm this with my machines too..

It's irritating as it means I lose some of the customisation in the XML...

Have you filed a defect report Peter....

I'm on 6.1.7, and I click check for updates, it never seems to finish checking. Other times, when it did, it said no updates (shortly after 6.1.8 came out). Any threads or pointers on how to get it to update via the plugin checker (or when I log in via telnet). Little bit of a nuisance needing to travel to the other side of my house a few times to update.

That error message is almost certainly nothing to do with the 6.1.9 upgrade, but is instead an issue with the USB stick.

I would suggest that you start by putting the drive into a Windows computer so that it can check (and possibly repair) the file system.  Then extract the bzimage and bzroot files from the ZIP download of unRAID 6.1.9 and overwrite the versions on the USB stick with the extracted version.  If that does not work then I suspect that either your USB stick or the USB port is starting to fail.  While you are at it I would suggest making a backup of the USB stick files to a location on your PC.

Update.  Yep, was the flash drive.  Would not even format correctly.  Surprised that it died that quickly....  Used an 8GB that I had, did a fresh install of 6.1.9, copied the config folder, did a replace key, and then brought the whole thing back online.  Had a full backup of the config folder just in case the old files were junk, didn't need to use.  Thanks for the above, went into full panic mode right off the bat....  ><

-e-

I'm on 6.1.7, and I click check for updates, it never seems to finish checking. Other times, when it did, it said no updates (shortly after 6.1.8 came out). Any threads or pointers on how to get it to update via the plugin checker (or when I log in via telnet). Little bit of a nuisance needing to travel to the other side of my house a few times to update.

You need to post up a screen shot of what you get when click on the "Check for updates' button.  But I suspect that the server is unable to connect to a DNS server.  You can actually assign DNS servers on the 'Settings', 'Network Settings' page.  The 'Help' function will help you get things setup.  (Google provides two DNS servers with an IP addresses of 8.8.8.8  and 8.8.4.4 that you can use if you don't know of any others.)

Uh oh!!! I just had a crash and a server restart. No idea why.

I was streaming plex on my phone during my lunch break. All of a sudden, I lost connection. Thinking it was my phone, I was trying to reconnect to the plex server, etc. And a couple of minutes later, I got an e-mail saying a parity check was started.

It turns out, my server restarted itself, possibly due to a crash. I have no log entries (wiped with the memory I guess).

It is concerning because I just updated to 6.1.9 the night before and now this happens. The last entry in the log was the shutdown during the update to 6.1.9 the night before. And it picks up after the restart today. In between is lost.

Unraid terminal shows uptime of 20 minutes, so I'm assuming it was a restart of the server as opposed to the array restarting.

Any ideas for further troubleshooting?

I am currently running a parity check. My server hadn't had any issues in a really long time. I'm not happy, I wish the logs were saved on a disk so I could see what went wrong.

Thanks

any alarm clocks reset ? power outage ?

Not home right now, but unlikely. The router gui shows that it's been up for 25 days. And the server is connected to a ups which is pretty reliable.

How are you connecting to your phone from the your server at home?

EDIT:  If you are allowing direct access to your server, you could be the victim of a practical joker who just restarted your server rather then doing something far more malicious.