unRAID Server Release 6.1.9 Available

There is also the licensing issues. Most replacements would be GPL or similar so not viable.

Not completely true. Using a GPL http daemon has no repurcussions on what is hosted or run inside of it. The GPL is not viral across content being served. So the license module would and could still be closed source. You dont need to replace the license model and you could still have it be responsible for that part. There is no requirement on the web ui portions on being GPL but could be open sourced.

Fair point. TBH i have never given enough thought to how embedded it is as I am pretty confident it isnt going to happen. I hope I am wrong :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already created a Defect Report, but wanted AMD users to be aware they may be running at full power all of the time, no CPU scaling.  In unRAID v5, powernow_k8 was loaded and provided CPU scaling, allowing your CPU to step up and down depending on the current system load.  I suspect it was an oversight, but that isn't happening in v6.  I really don't know if this applies to ALL AMD owners, or just certain ones, perhaps with older AMD CPU's.  Edit: it's clearly a minority of AMD chips

To tell if this affects you, check the Dashboard and see if your CPU speed ever drops below the maximum, especially when the system is idling, nothing happening.  If it isn't, then you probably need the powernow_k8 driver loaded.  At a command prompt, run the command -

modprobe powernow_k8

Now check the Dashboard again!  You should see that the CPU speed has dropped, and is fluctuating with the needs of your system.  And your power bill will also be dropping!

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon, but until then, you can add that command to your go file (/boot/config/go).  Remember to remove this line if the issue is fixed.

Edit: well so far, I'm in the minority, only some AMD chips are not handled automatically, which does make sense as more would have reported it before now!  It would be interesting to know which drivers are loaded for the AMD chips already working (cpufreq-info -d)

I really don't know if this applies to ALL AMD owners, or just certain ones, perhaps with older AMD CPU's.

To tell if this affects you, check the Dashboard and see if your CPU speed ever drops below the maximum, especially when the system is idling, nothing happening.

I'm running a N36L microserver, thus an AMD AthlonII Neo with 6.1.6 (don't trust betas). Nominally runs at 1.3Ghz, but in the dashboard it shows 800Mhz on idle cores (slowest state).

So, either it's only in the betas, or it's not all AMD chips.

Looks like my AMD chips are throttling properly as well, though there's some variance between the chips.

The AMD Phenom II X6 1100T idles at 800 MHz, and the cores step up to 1700 MHz, 2500 MHz and 3300 MHz depending on what's going on.

The AMD Phenom 9950 X4 seems to idle at 1300 MHz, with cores going to 2600 MHz when busy, and nothing in between.

I'd still say the feature is working, but newer chips appear to have more advanced throttling options.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

from time to time i get these errors in the gui when i stop the array and after a disk check for example, start the array again

Warning: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in state/sec.ini on line 266 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 34 Warning: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in state/sec_afp.ini on line 302 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 40

when this happens i only have the header on the page ... nothing else

from time to time i get these errors in the gui when i stop the array and after a disk check for example, start the array again

Warning: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in state/sec.ini on line 266 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 34 Warning: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in state/sec_afp.ini on line 302 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 40

Your sig says 6.1.2. Are you on 6.1.9? Are you on the latest Dynamix webGUI? Post diagnostics.

I am on 6.1.9..  that's why i posted it here....

don't have time to update my sig every time we upgrade LOL

don't see the need to post diagnostics ... errors are clearly gui errors...

annd yes i just updated to last release this morning

Dynamix webGui

The Dynamix webGui is the latest iteration of the unRAID Server OS System Management Utility. Built upon Simple Features, it provides real-time screen updates, tabbed viewing and many more enhancements.

Bergware 2016.07.27 up-to-date

don't see the need to post diagnostics ... errors are clearly gui errors...

Yes, but you are the only one seeing this error AFAIK, and you've given us absolutely nothing to go on. It's like going to the mechanic and telling him the car makes a funny noise, but he'll have to rely on your description and he's not allowed to open the hood.

If you want help, you have to help us with more information. As far as us reading your mind about the version, just because you posted here has no bearing on what version you are actually running. You gave us no diagnostics, and your sig is out of date. People post in the wrong area of the forums all the time.

Looks like one of your user names or share names has a double quote (") in it. This isn't allowed.

• 1 month later...

Small error in parity check ?bug.

My scheduled monthly parity check kicked in as usual. But, I had a power cut a quarter of the way through. I have a ups , and apcups triggered a shut down due to estimated remaining time on battery less than set in config. I watched powerdown script shut down the server cleanly with just over 25% parity check done.

On reboot, Now the gui says parity valid, checked on 1 September. I know that the parity check did not complete. Last full check was 1 August I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...