Individual drives not showing in File Explorer

TapRackPull

To start, this may be covered elsewhere, but frankly, I',m not sure how to search for it.

I just upgraded from V6.0.0 to V6.1.9... why change what's working. When I did I, evidently, lost the ability to browse the individual drives. They no longer show up in File Explorer where they were 24 short hours ago. In fact, //server/cache doesn't even bring up the Cache drive as it used to, it only brings up an error. I can browse them via the web GUI which has not changed, although I can't alter them from there . I looked through settings, although I don't see anything that would allow this to change.

If anyone has a suggestion, please I am all ears and frankly I like being able to see/access the individual drives. Syslog attached...

Thanks guys,

TRP -Matt

server-syslog-20160306-2313.zip

To start, this may be covered elsewhere, but frankly, I',m not sure how to search for it.

I just upgraded from V6.0.0 to V6.1.9... why change what's working. When I did I, evidently, lost the ability to browse the individual drives. They no longer show up in File Explorer where they were 24 short hours ago. In fact, //server/cache doesn't even bring up the Cache drive as it used to, it only brings up an error. I can browse them via the web GUI which has not changed, although I can't alter them from there . I looked through settings, although I don't see anything that would allow this to change.

If anyone has a suggestion, please I am all ears and frankly I like being able to see/access the individual drives. Syslog attached...

Thanks guys,

TRP -Matt

interwebtech gave you the way to fix this.

This was changed somewhere between 6.0.0 and 6.1 to minimize the risk of user running into the user share copy bug. If you can see both user shares and disk shares then you can mistakenly copy between them...

I don't feel the previous replies stressed the danger of this sufficiently.

Please search for User Share Copy Bug. You can definitely experience data loss if you mix disk and user shares when copying or moving files. This is exactly why disk shares have been disabled by default.

I personally leave them disabled. If I need to get to the disks I go to the command line and mc, and then I only work with the disks. At the very least, you could set the disk shares to export hidden so you have to work a little harder to make the mistake.

Archived