[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

Right, but why does my problem persist, after deleting the container and config directory, scrubbing, and force update? I don't want to have to delete the shared docker image and reconfigure all my apps all the time. I'm not even sure it would work but ti's the only thing I've yet to try.

Deleting the docker image does not mean you have to reconfigure everything.  If you delete, recreate, then re-add the apps via CA's previous apps, everything will be back the exact same after the downloads.  (They will have the exact same mappings, hosts, etc)

Right, but why does my problem persist, after deleting the container and config directory, scrubbing, and force update? I don't want to have to delete the shared docker image and reconfigure all my apps all the time. I'm not even sure it would work but ti's the only thing I've yet to try.

Deleting the docker image does not mean you have to reconfigure everything.  If you delete, recreate, then re-add the apps via CA's previous apps, everything will be back the exact same after the downloads.  (They will have the exact same mappings, hosts, etc)

:o

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware CA had that feature. I still have to redo Jackett though. For some reason It breaks every time I re-add it and I have to go into the web-ui and reconfigure the sites. It's still going to be a pain in the butt to if I have to keep deleting the image. Hopefully I can figure out why this keeps happening and getting worse.

:o

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware CA had that feature. I still have to redo Jackett though. For some reason It breaks every time I re-add it and I have to go into the web-ui and reconfigure the sites. It's still going to be a pain in the butt to if I have to keep deleting the image. Hopefully I can figure out why this keeps happening and getting worse.

Its actually built into dockerMan (Add template, then one of the my* templates)  CA just presents the info in a way that actually makes sense to humans.

just wading in on this (hope you dont mind guys), deleting the container AND image, and then deleting the config folder for the app WILL result in a complete reset for the app, there is no benefit in blowing away your complete docker.img file (not to be confused with the docker image of the app), so yes it is easy to blow away your docker.img file and then start again using your already defined templates, i dont think it will get you any further forward, at least not in this case, anybody disagree?  :o

just wading in on this (hope you dont mind guys), deleting the container AND image, and then deleting the config folder for the app WILL result in a complete reset for the app, there is no benefit in blowing away your complete docker.img file (not to be confused with the docker image of the app), so yes it is easy to blow away your docker.img file and then start again using your already defined templates, i dont think it will get you any further forward, at least not in this case, anybody disagree?  :o

Unless something funky is going on within the docker.img  (every have to reformat your Windows box because of weird little things happening?)

The only other possibility I would suggest if problems still persist is the host volume mapping for /config  -> if its set to /mnt/user/... or /mnt/cache/...

well, not sure if im doing what you're talking about but i went to the docker tab, clicked on the application icon and clicked "remove", making sure the "also delete image" box was checked. i then deleted the config directory and added everything again. the problem still persists. previously, using the force update fixed it but now that won't even work and the error message in the log i was getting isn't there anymore, but the problem persists. i don't know why it persists. i was under the impression that this will completely reset it but it appears something is lingering and my only option is to delete docker.img, for about the dozenth time. which doesn't make sense to me as i thought the whole point of docker was to have everything isolated and compartmentalized to avoid these crossplatform issues. i was on beta 21 but am now on beta 23 if it makes a difference. gotta say, not a fan of docker. it's been nothing but a headache for me as i've had a number of issues like this with a few containers. if there was a plugin for what i needed i'd use that. i might just make one myself of throw up a raspberry pi and be done with docker if this keeps up.

well, not sure if im doing what you're talking about but i went to the docker tab, clicked on the application icon and clicked "remove", making sure the "also delete image" box was checked. i then deleted the config directory and added everything again. the problem still persists.

thats exactly the right procedure, go ahead and try blowing away the docker.img file but i would be very surprised if it fixed the issue tbh.

...which doesn't make sense to me as i thought the whole point of docker was to have everything isolated and compartmentalized to avoid these crossplatform issues.

indeed, docker does isolate between containers, what your seeing is either a bug in the way this docker image has been created, or a bug in the application itself (rutorrent and/or rtorrent).

i was on beta 21 but am now on beta 23 if it makes a difference. gotta say, not a fan of docker. it's been nothing but a headache for me as i've had a number of issues like this with a few containers. if there was a plugin for what i needed i'd use that. i might just make one myself of throw up a raspberry pi and be done with docker if this keeps up.

i know this might be frustrating to hear, but docker in general is very solid, there are a lot of people on here running 10+ docker containers with zero issues, the main problem with docker is just wrapping your head around volume mappings, once you got that its pretty simple and it does just work, honest  8)

well, i deleted docker.img and it's working for now but i'm not confident it will stay that way. i've had issues before with making changing to containers and them not actually changing unless i delete docker.img and re-add.

as a side note, i was running captinsano's version of rutorrent. i am switching over since his version is out of date and missing a bugfix i need. i also can't get the scripting to work. i never run the versions at the same time but i switch back and forth to do testing before i transition completely. might that cause an issue? maybe there is bleed over between version somehow. but again, i thought the whole point of docker was that they are isolated from each other.

also, not all my apps were under "previously installed apps". it didn't have captinsano's rutorrent. good thing i took a screenshot.

well, i deleted docker.img and it's working for now but i'm not confident it will stay that way.

as a side note, i was running captinsano's version of rutorrent. i am switching over since his version is out of date and missing a bugfix i need. i also can't get the scripting to work. i never run the versions at the same time but i switch back and forth to do testing before i transition completely. might that cause an issue? maybe there is bleed over between version somehow. but again, i thought the whole point of docker was that they are isolated from each other.

Were you keeping the appdata shared between the two version or a different copy of appdata for each one?  Because sharing could definitely cause issues....

also, not all my apps were under "previously installed apps". it didn't have captinsano's rutorrent. good thing i took a screenshot.

Because they were both named the same (my-rutorrent).  Nothing I can do about that as that's a dockerMan thing.  It keeps track of the last rutorent that you've loaded.  If you were running multiple containers, you should have them named differently

well, i deleted docker.img and it's working for now but i'm not confident it will stay that way.

Were you keeping the appdata shared between the two version or a different copy of appdata for each one?  Because sharing could definitely cause issues....

No, I had one in /mnt/cache/Docker/ruTorrent and the other in /mnt/cache/Docker/rutorrenttest.

Because they were both named the same (my-rutorrent).  Nothing I can do about that as that's a dockerMan thing.  It keeps track of the last rutorent that you've loaded.  If you were running multiple containers, you should have them named differently

This can definitely screw things up, I know, been there, got the t-shirt..

did the t-shirt say, I need beads LOL

I can see how it would screw that part up, although i assumed it would use the image id as a unique identifier instead of a name. but would that have any bearing on the issues i've been having? regardless, i'll make sure and give them unique names. to be honest i never paid attention to that portion.

I tried to set the GUI to update more frequently than every 3 seconds, but the setting has not changed.  When I restarted the docker the setting still shows the new value but the GUI still updates every 3 seconds.  Do I have to change the setting in a config file or something?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, great docker, only issue I've got is that when I try to reverse proxy into it I get the gui but with the errors,

[10.07.2016 20:28:44] WebUI started.

[10.07.2016 20:28:45] Bad response from server: (502 [error,getplugins]) Bad Gateway

[10.07.2016 20:28:45] Bad response from server: (405 [error,getuisettings]) <html> <head><title>405 Not Allowed</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>405 Not Allowed</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.10.1</center> </body> </html>

There are some threads on how to fix it http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=4682.0, but not unraid specific. Editing the nearest files I could find in the docker to those didn't help. Any ideas?

I am having an issue where when Sonarr sends a magnet link to rutorrent, once the magent link downloads the .torrent file, the torrent is stopped and the label is removed. I have not found anyone or found any other mention of similar issues and can't find a cause. So I'm wondering if it is specific to this docker. Anyone else find similar issues?

Edit: It looks like an issue that should have been fixed. What version does this docker use?

• 3 weeks later...

is there anyway to add an additional path. I understand the download path but heres my dilemma. i want to be able to have download be a share on unraid which is on the cache and then move to a seperate share called complete so that way it goes onto the array. The cache mover cant move completed torrents while the docker is running. i tried adding -v /complete but that didnt seem to work.

is there anyway to add an additional path. I understand the download path but heres my dilemma. i want to be able to have download be a share on unraid which is on the cache and then move to a seperate share called complete so that way it goes onto the array. The cache mover cant move completed torrents while the docker is running. i tried adding -v /complete but that didnt seem to work.

Just add an extra path in the docker webui on Unraid.  Edit the container config and do it there.

Just add an extra path in the docker webui on Unraid.  Edit the container config and do it there.

unfortunately even when i do add the path when trying to edit autotools to use this folder its stuck in the download folder?

Not using rtorrent I'm getting a bit confused.  If you post some step by step instructions, I'll see if I can troubleshoot a bit over the next few days if you'd like.

unfortunately even when i do add the path when trying to edit autotools to use this folder its stuck in the download folder?

any changes made in the webui are not permanent and only apply to that session, ie until the docker is restarted.

this is a limitation of the apps themselves

https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/wiki#some-non-obvious-points

any permanent changes need to be made to the rtorrrent.rc file

/config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc

• Upvote 1

I still get this error every time I try to stop and start the rutorrent docker

[06.08.2016 20:01:19] No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

Ive tried deleting the container, wiping the entire docker file and just about every other thing I can think of.

This doesnt seem to work either any more  "docker exec Rutorrent rm /detach_sess/.dtach"

The only way I can get it working again is by stopping the docker and deleting the rtorrent.rc file but thats no good because I want to change settings :D

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent