[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

"The check_hash option executes a hash check when a torrent download is complete or rTorrent is started. When starting, it checks for errors in your completed files. "

source...

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/RTorrent

That's good to know. I have that option set to off like I said so...makes no sense why it should recheck on start. It never did that before, and does it on a new install as well. So if there are no issues, and it's not working as designed, what is the next step?

"The check_hash option executes a hash check when a torrent download is complete or rTorrent is started. When starting, it checks for errors in your completed files. "

source...

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/RTorrent

That's good to know. I have that option set to off like I said so...makes no sense why it should recheck on start. It never did that before, and does it on a new install as well. So if there are no issues, and it's not working as designed, what is the next step?

The current latest image has the setting

hash check = yes

by default, the only other time the setting was in the config file (either on or off) was back in january.

so i'd fully expect a new installation to hash check, and considering the recommended upgrade path was a new setup of appdata from scratch, until you do that i can't predict the stability of any resultant setup until you use the upgraded image as recommended and designed.

I've already stated two times I started with a new appdata. The same situation still presents itself.

and i'd expect a new install to do that...

"The current latest image has the setting

hash check = yes"

and the only other time that hash check was an option in the config (on or off) was back in january.

I've obviously not made myselft clear. I tried a new appdata, I set the option to no, and then after adding a torrent, checking it to 100%, I restarted the container. On startup, the torrent was set to stop, and starting it forced a recheck.

Is that the intended behavior with hack check = no?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since the update that changed to a new base docker image I have had an issue with random, occasional crashes. I will go to the webui and it gives that cannot connect/make sure it is actually running error message". The docker is still running but I have to restart to get back access to the webui.

I'm seeing the same issues... timeouts. Rutorrent seems to stop running often.

I've deleted and repulled the container a few times without any difference.

Ever since the update that changed to a new base docker image I have had an issue with random, occasional crashes. I will go to the webui and it gives that cannot connect/make sure it is actually running error message". The docker is still running but I have to restart to get back access to the webui.

Try deleting all torrents and deleting all files in session folder.

then restart the container.

that worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who has problems with this since a version or two when I updated the container a couple of weeks ago I saw an empty rutorrent with this error message "Bad response from server: (500 [error,getplugins]) Internal Server Error" It seems like It can't connect to rtorrent and load the pluggins nor the torrents. Also afther a couple of hours running this my docker img fills up. I tried deleting the docker img but it didn't help. Can this be fixed without me losing my torrents?

Am I the only one who has problems with this since a version or two when I updated the container a couple of weeks ago I saw an empty rutorrent with this error message "Bad response from server: (500 [error,getplugins]) Internal Server Error" It seems like It can't connect to rtorrent and load the pluggins nor the torrents. Also afther a couple of hours running this my docker img fills up. I tried deleting the docker img but it didn't help. Can this be fixed without me losing my torrents?

If your docker.img is filling up it's a config issue.  But unless you post more info, can't help you any further.  See the link in my sig.

If your docker.img is filling up it's a config issue.  But unless you post more info, can't help you any further.  See the link in my sig.

This is what I have but It doesn't say much. Also Sonarr works perfectly with it. It can connect and add and import torrents.

Knipsel.PNG.d09e795de8490d60388fdfd5d54d9251.PNG

Knipsel2.PNG.cc1a7fc33abb61322a148b8b6c5f3060.PNG

Knipsel3.PNG.494c8bc8c6918102cdb6de84a687f531.PNG

This is what I have but It doesn't say much. Also Sonarr works perfectly with it. It can connect and add and import torrents.

Where have you got the downloads set to within the rutorrent webui setup?

Where have you got the downloads set to within the rutorrent webui setup?

I have it at /data/incoming and /data/complete for finished torrents. Because It needs to be thesame for sonarr to work. But I can't check in the webui because it doesn't load the plugins and I only see the general tab in the settings.

You tried deleting and repulling the container?  Failing that as you've mentioned your docker.img is full you may want to delete and recreate that as well.

Do I lose my config if I do that? I have alot of torrents that I don't want to lose.

You shouldn't do, provided the torrents aren't stored in the docker image.... (2nd option)

But at the moment it doesn't seem like you have much to lose?

You tried deleting and repulling the container?  Failing that as you've mentioned your docker.img is full you may want to delete and recreate that as well.

Do I lose my config if I do that? I have alot of torrents that I don't want to lose.

You shouldn't do, provided the torrents aren't stored in the docker image.... (2nd option)

But at the moment it doesn't seem like you have much to lose?

No sorry I backed up my config and tried removing the rutorrent image + removing docker img file. I only redownloaded the rutorrent image but its still the same result. So the problem is somewhere in the config?

Looks that way yeah...

So what now? Can I find a more detailed log inside the config directory or the docker image itself?

If there is one it'll be in /config somewhere, I can't recall if there is off the top of my head.

Found this in rutorrent.error.log

2016/11/07 13:04:00 [error] 273#0: *204 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  fopen(/config/rutorrent/profiles/settings/uisettings.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/getsettings.php on line 7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.15, server: _, request: "POST /php/getsettings.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php-fpm-rutorrent.sock:", host: "192.168.0.10:8520", referrer: "http://192.168.0.10:8520/"

2016/11/07 17:07:11 [error] 264#0: *7 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 22 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 196

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 23 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 198

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 24 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 193

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 26 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 196

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 27 in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extratio/rules.php on line 198" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.15, server: _, request: "POST /plugins/extratio/action.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php-fpm-rutorrent.sock:", host: "192.168.0.10:8520", referrer: "http://192.168.0.10:8520/"

2016/11/10 13:34:34 [error] 263#0: *9554 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php:142

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(155): rTask::tail('/config/rutorre...')

#1 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(210): rTask::processLog('/config/rutorre...', 'log', Array, 0, 0)

#2 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(280): rTask::check('14787496605823e...')

#3 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(306): rTaskManager::obtain()

#4 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/init.php(5): rTaskManager::cleanup()

#5 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/getplugins.php(495): require_once('/usr/share/weba...')

#6 {main}

thrown in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php on line 142" while reading response header from upstream, client: 141.134.238.230, server: _, request: "GET /php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php-fpm-rutorrent.sock:", host: "178.118.50.151:8520", referrer: "http://178.118.50.151:8520/"

2016/11/10 13:36:43 [error] 262#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php:142

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(155): rTask::tail('/config/rutorre...')

#1 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(210): rTask::processLog('/config/rutorre...', 'log', Array, 0, 0)

#2 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(280): rTask::check('14787496605823e...')

#3 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/task.php(306): rTaskManager::obtain()

#4 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/_task/init.php(5): rTaskManager::cleanup()

#5 /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/getplugins.php(495): require_once('/usr/share/weba...')

#6 {main}

It keeps repeating thesame thing over and over.

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent