[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

Trying to give rTorrent access to my /Games share so for example I can update/overwrite my Mame roms in /Games/Mame/.

I added a path in the docker like so:

Config Type: Path

Container Path: /games

Host Path: /mnt/user/Games

Access Mode: Read/Write

I can access the folder within rTorrent by adding a torrent and settings it's download path to /games/_Test (for example).

When I look in my cache folder, I can see it created a folder as /mnt/cache/Games/_Test. When I download files from a torrent to this folder, it creates the files, and they are the right size, but they are essentially blank/corrupted files. The torrent also never changes from the Downloading state.

When I save the torrent to the /downloads path (mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads/), it saves the files fine (in /mnt/cache/downloads/rutorrent/complete/) and torrent starts seeding. I checked permissions on the folders and they are owned by nobody and CHMOD of 777.

I initially had the /Games share set to Secure, but I also tried Public and still the same.

What am I missing here?

Update:

I installed the deluge docker and with same exact mapping, a test torrent went to seeding fine. So this is related to rTorrent only. I also tried legacy-rTorrent docker and had the same issue as well.

Trying to give rTorrent access to my /Games share so for example I can update/overwrite my Mame roms in /Games/Mame/.

I added a path in the docker like so:

Config Type: Path

Container Path: /games

Host Path: /mnt/user/Games

Access Mode: Read/Write

I can access the folder within rTorrent by adding a torrent and settings it's download path to /games/_Test (for example).

When I look in my cache folder, I can see it created a folder as /mnt/cache/Games/_Test. When I download files from a torrent to this folder, it creates the files, and they are the right size, but they are essentially blank/corrupted files. The torrent also never changes from the Downloading state.

When I save the torrent to the /downloads path (mapped to /mnt/cache/downloads/), it saves the files fine (in /mnt/cache/downloads/rutorrent/complete/) and torrent starts seeding. I checked permissions on the folders and they are owned by nobody and CHMOD of 777.

I initially had the /Games share set to Secure, but I also tried Public and still the same.

What am I missing here?

Update:

I installed the deluge docker and with same exact mapping, a test torrent went to seeding fine. So this is related to rTorrent only. I also tried legacy-rTorrent docker and had the same issue as well.

What version of Unraid are you running?

Hi everyone. It looks like rTorrent is creating files with 644 permission and folders with 755 permission.

File and folder owners are set to nobody.

I can't delete or rename them even though I'm connecting via SMB with a Mac as a user with read/write access.

What can I do?

I have been having problems with timeouts, and now I can not even retrieve the torrent list.  I either get

Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) or

No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

I am assuming this has to do with having many loaded torrents.  Is there anything I can change in the settings to alleviate the problem?  Thanks.

Hi everyone. It looks like rTorrent is creating files with 644 permission and folders with 755 permission.

File and folder owners are set to nobody.

I can't delete or rename them even though I'm connecting via SMB with a Mac as a user with read/write access.

What can I do?

in /config/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc, comment out the line

system.umask.set = 022

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there :)

I built my new unRAID server 2 days ago and am very happy with it.

I just have one question - did anyone encounter problems with the rutorrent docker?

When my torrents have HTTPS trackers, it just times out. When I change them to http it works as normal.

I already tried those rtorrent settings that didn't work: 'network.http.capath.set = /etc/ssl/certs', and 'network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set = 0'

I verified the trackers are online when it timed out (3 different trackers, all of them works on my workstation).

Thanks a lot in advance and hope to contribute to the community in the future!

So its frustrating me because for both rutorrent and transmission i cant seem to get the settings to stay after restarting the container. Ive deleted my docker image in settings and started over too with no luck. Ive cleared out the appdata folder for them. Ive even tried changing the uid for them to not be 99. Is there somewhere else docker might be retaining bad settings?

Hi there :)

I built my new unRAID server 2 days ago and am very happy with it.

I just have one question - did anyone encounter problems with the rutorrent docker?

When my torrents have HTTPS trackers, it just times out. When I change them to http it works as normal.

I already tried those rtorrent settings that didn't work: 'network.http.capath.set = /etc/ssl/certs', and 'network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set = 0'

I verified the trackers are online when it timed out (3 different trackers, all of them works on my workstation).

Thanks a lot in advance and hope to contribute to the community in the future!

Im having issues where bother rutorrent and transmission dont save settings. I see the UI sending the request but the settings file doesnt change.

-rw------- 1 nobody users 2183 Jan 15 01:50 settings.json

No, and please don't post in multiple places, So far we've got this post, rutorrent thread and transmission thread all with the same issue.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I merged his new thread with the rutorrent thread.

Not crossposting has been a rule of internet etiquette since before the World Wide Web. Among other things if you post the same question in several different threads then people will waste their time giving answers that someone else already gave in another thread. Better to keep the discussion in one place.

skyline7349, you need to edit the /mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc for changing some of the settings.

I'm not sure that gets to the root of his problems, he's got issues with several docker containers and I'm willing to bet there is one root cause.

skyline7349, you need to edit the /mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rtorrent/rtorrent.rc for changing some of the settings.

I'm not sure that gets to the root of his problems, he's got issues with several docker containers and I'm willing to bet there is one root cause.

Ok I think I missed this.

By the way, I think my problem from page 14 is caused by the curl version in the docker image.

If I update it from 'docker exec -t -i rutorrent /bin/bash'- would it be changed just for rutorrent or for all dockers? Just curious.

Sources for the problem:

https://github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/issues/457

https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/1174

https://github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/issues/501

If I update it from 'docker exec -t -i rutorrent /bin/bash'- would it be changed just for rutorrent or for all dockers? Just curious.

Anything you do from the command line within a docker only affects the current installation of that docker.

Thank you. Now just to figure out how to get gcc installed on the docker lol

Anything you do from the command line within a docker only affects the current installation of that docker.

Note I said the "current installation". If you ever have to reinstall for any reason anything you did from docker exec would have to be reapplied. Making your own docker with the changes already applied is the way to make them stick for a reinstall.

Note I said the "current installation". If you ever have to reinstall for any reason anything you did from docker exec would have to be reapplied. Making your own docker with the changes already applied is the way to make them stick for a reinstall.

Oh got it :)

It's very strange that I'm the first one that encounters problems with https trackers on this container :o

Oh got it :)

It's very strange that I'm the first one that encounters problems with https trackers on this container :o

I don't use this docker, and I didn't even research your problem. Just telling you how dockers work in general.

Yea i dont know whats causing this but i gave up. I just manually edit the config files now. Ive deleted my entire array, formatted the flash drive with an over version of unraid. Nothing seems to fix it. Its only for transmission and rutorrent. Ill keep checking back to see if anyone else has this problem.

CHBMB youre saying you pull container for rutorrent, enter web ui, make changes to settings, reload container, and settings are still changed?

You've posted in so many places I can't remember what I've tried.  But as you had issues with three containers I'm gonna bet it's one issue causing all three problems and I'm gonna further bet, it's a permissions thing.  Take a look at the transmission thread and post some more info for rutorrent, same as I requested for transmission a couple of posts back.

You've posted in so many places I can't remember what I've tried.  But as you had issues with three containers I'm gonna bet it's one issue causing all three problems and I'm gonna further bet, it's a permissions thing.  Take a look at the transmission thread and post some more info for rutorrent, same as I requested for transmission a couple of posts back.

Ok ill post the information for RUtorrent since i gave up on Transmission.

Run Command

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="rutorrent" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 81:80/tcp -p 51413:51413/tcp -p 6881:6881/udp -v "/mnt/user/Main/Downloads/Rutorrent":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/user/Main/Torrents/":"/Torrents":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent":"/config":rw linuxserver/rutorrent

Version

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from linuxserver/rutorrent. 
Status: Image is up to date for linuxserver/rutorrent:latest

Log

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

File Permissions

drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 44 Jan 15 09:39 log/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 32 Jan 15 09:39 rutorrent/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 20 Jan 15 09:39 nginx/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 48 Jan 15 09:39 rtorrent/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 14 Jan 15 09:39 php/
./log
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   0 Jan 15 09:39 rutorrent/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 176 Jan 15 09:39 nginx/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  24 Jan 15 09:39 rtorrent/
./log/nginx
total 12200
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users        0 Jan 15 09:39 rutorrent.rpc2.error.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users      509 Jan 15 09:41 rutorrent.error.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users   939374 Jan 16 10:36 rutorrent.rpc2.access.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 11539759 Jan 16 10:37 rutorrent.access.log
./log/rtorrent
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 130 Jan 16 10:33 rtorrent.log
./log/rutorrent
total 0
./nginx
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 2129 Jan 15 09:39 nginx.conf
./php
total 72
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 70558 Jan 15 09:39 php.ini
./rtorrent
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 1244 Jan 15 14:40 rtorrent.rc
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3824 Jan 16 10:33 rtorrent_sess/

./rutorrent
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  48 Jan 15 09:39 profiles/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 138 Jan 15 09:39 settings/
./rutorrent/settings
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    0 Jan 15 09:39 users/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  522 Jan 15 09:39 access-swap.sh*
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  452 Jan 15 09:39 access.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  441 Jan 15 09:39 access_no
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  453 Jan 15 09:39 access_yes
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 2609 Jan 15 09:39 config.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  809 Jan 15 09:39 plugins.ini
./rutorrent/settings/users
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Jan 15 09:39 torrents/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   6 Jan 15 09:39 users/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Jan 16 10:30 tmp/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 292 Jan 16 10:35 settings/
./rutorrent/profiles/settings
total 112
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    56 Jan 15 09:41 cpu.dat*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users     0 Jan 15 10:13 labels/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users     0 Jan 15 13:27 trackers/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 10337 Jan 15 14:20 history_data.dat*
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    10 Jan 16 10:30 rss/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    68 Jan 16 10:30 trafic/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  5557 Jan 16 10:34 loginmgr.dat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  1765 Jan 16 10:34 scheduler.dat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 43060 Jan 16 10:34 extsearch.dat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 24638 Jan 16 10:34 rtorrent.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  3116 Jan 16 10:34 uisettings.json
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users    66 Jan 16 10:35 cookies.dat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users   387 Jan 16 10:35 xmpp.dat
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   140 Jan 16 10:35 httprpc/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     0 Jan 16 10:37 erasedata/
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/erasedata
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/rss
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 8 Jan 16 10:34 cache/
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/rss/cache
total 4
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 159 Jan 16 10:34 info
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/trafic
total 8
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 597 Jan 16 10:30 last.csv*
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 880 Jan 16 10:30 torrents/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 926 Jan 16 10:30 global.csv*
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 200 Jan 16 10:30 trackers/
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/labels
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/settings/trackers
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/torrents
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/users
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 32 Jan 15 09:39 abc/
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   0 Jan 15 09:39 torrents/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 168 Jan 16 10:32 settings/
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings
total 88
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    10 Jan 15 14:00 rss/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    68 Jan 15 14:00 trafic/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  4459 Jan 15 14:02 history_data.dat*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  5557 Jan 16 10:32 loginmgr.dat*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  1765 Jan 16 10:32 scheduler.dat*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 43060 Jan 16 10:32 extsearch.dat*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 24289 Jan 16 10:32 rtorrent.dat*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users     0 Jan 16 10:33 erasedata/
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/erasedata
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/rss
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 8 Jan 16 10:32 cache/
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/rss/cache
total 4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 159 Jan 16 10:32 info*
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/trafic
total 8
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 497 Jan 15 14:00 last.csv*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 352 Jan 15 14:00 torrents/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 504 Jan 15 14:00 global.csv*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 200 Jan 15 14:00 trackers/
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/trafic/trackers
total 20
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 502 Jan 15 14:00 iptorrents.com.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 502 Jan 15 14:00 0.0.1.stackoverflow.tech.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 502 Jan 15 14:00 empirehost.me.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 473 Jan 15 14:00 torrentday.com.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 473 Jan 15 14:00 jumbohostpro.eu.csv*
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/settings/trafic/torrents
total 16
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 456 Jan 15 14:00 01E3A49E19A9A16DD41991AB4A4F3066581A8B7B.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 473 Jan 15 14:00 6123109A84456AD757E6FE9810D97F8EAEC0D553.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 500 Jan 15 14:00 6A4915C6CDECF240BFE5D45A878168B5D6FEF520.csv*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 456 Jan 15 14:00 971489E5943989A583305B177409A1D7A94EC078.csv*
./rutorrent/profiles/users/abc/torrents
total 0
./rutorrent/profiles/tmp
total 0

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent