[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

6 hours ago, assassinmunky said:

that should not be necessary.  anything under your specific duckdns subdomain is already owned by you.  

lets say your subdomain is "mydomain":

www.mydomain.duckdns.org

tor.mydomain.duckdns.org

blah.mydomain.duckdns.org

These are all already owned by you.  

I'm not familiar with the duckdns/letsencrypt setup.  Is this all in one docker container? or do you have a separate container for duckdns and a separate container for letsencrypt?

4 hours ago, aptalca said:

Url should be the top domain that you have control over, ie. test.duckdns.org

Then the subdomains would be tor and whatever else you like

Thank you both! I've got it working now by changing the domain to "test.duckdns.org" rather than just duckdns.org. Now everything is working as expected :)

• 2 weeks later...

In the last week or so, this docker has stopped connecting to all my trackers that require HTTPS for the tracker announce URL's

I have tried blowing it away entirely and rebuilding with no luck,   the same torrents added to Linuxserver transmission or deluge dockers work perfectly,

Any ideas?

Edited by MulletBoy

Since the mover skips files that are used by rtorrent I found it necessary to close down rtorrent everytime I run the mover.

Is it possible to write script or similar that properly stops the rutorrent docker when the mover is run (and waits for the docker to stop before starting the mover) and then starts when the mover has finished? i.e. having stop-start of a docker (but only if it is running) triggered by the mover starting.

If you guys use a better solution, please share.

I have no idea how to do this as I am new to the platform and extremely basic at linux, so any help is appreciated.

Edit: Maybe someone can make this happen with the CA User Script Plugin, or a script that is then added to \flash\config\plugins\dynamix\mover.cron? I also found out that the command "sudo mover" works, but then I can't use rely on the invoke mover button in the webgui.

Edited by JohanSF
18 hours ago, JohanSF said:

Since the mover skips files that are used by rtorrent I found it necessary to close down rtorrent everytime I run the mover.

Is it possible to write script or similar that properly stops the rutorrent docker when the mover is run (and waits for the docker to stop before starting the mover) and then starts when the mover has finished? i.e. having stop-start of a docker (but only if it is running) triggered by the mover starting.

If you guys use a better solution, please share.

I have no idea how to do this as I am new to the platform and extremely basic at linux, so any help is appreciated.

Edit: Maybe someone can make this happen with the CA User Script Plugin, or a script that is then added to \flash\config\plugins\dynamix\mover.cron? I also found out that the command "sudo mover" works, but then I can't use rely on the invoke mover button in the webgui.

• 2 weeks later...

Some weird issue....

Every time torrent get's about 20mb/sec speed rtorrent crashes. And after maybe 60 seconds it starts downloading again until 20mb/sec and over again..

rtorrent.log

1504978066 N rtorrent main: Starting thread.
1504978066 N worker_rtorrent: Starting thread.

Edited by ufo56

I am seeing very high CPU usage by rtorrent, 100% full use of a core. Can stop all torrents and usage doesn't change. Restart with torrents all stopped, goes right back to high usage. Seems like a runaway process. Anybody else?

If not, where do I start to try and figure it out?

UPDATE: Not sure if it's related, but I am getting occasional and intermittent errors on seeded files that the tracker reached timeout. That is probably an unrelated tracker issue, but might not be?

Edited by gtroyp
6 hours ago, gtroyp said:

I am seeing very high CPU usage by rtorrent, 100% full use of a core. Can stop all torrents and usage doesn't change. Restart with torrents all stopped, goes right back to high usage. Seems like a runaway process. Anybody else?

If not, where do I start to try and figure it out?

Seems to be same issue that i have.

Speed is getting up and cpu goes 100% until crash and everything starts over.

• 1 month later...

Over the last couple of weeks the docker has become hung and the webui, sonarr, and radarr are unable to communicate with it, the only thing I see if this line repeated multiple times:

error: failed to rename /var/log/php7/error.log to /var/log/php7/error.log.1: Permission denied

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, Spies said:

Over the last couple of weeks the docker has become hung and the webui, sonarr, and radarr are unable to communicate with it, the only thing I see if this line repeated multiple times:

error: failed to rename /var/log/php7/error.log to /var/log/php7/error.log.1: Permission denied

Any suggestions?

Same issue here. Also seeing often:

tail: cannot open '261' for reading: No such file or directory

Two questions:

1. I have this error repeating in my log:  error: failed to rename /var/log/php7/error.log to /var/log/php7/error.log.1: Permission denied - how do I fix this?
  2. How do I install plugins for rutorrent?  I thought that they way to do it is to download to an /rutorrent/plugins folder.  I don't have any such folder within my appdata/rutorrent folder.  Should I?  Or is there anyother way to install plugins.
On 11/18/2017 at 10:13 PM, wayner said:

Two questions:

1. I have this error repeating in my log:  error: failed to rename /var/log/php7/error.log to /var/log/php7/error.log.1: Permission denied - how do I fix this?
  2. How do I install plugins for rutorrent?  I thought that they way to do it is to download to an /rutorrent/plugins folder.  I don't have any such folder within my appdata/rutorrent folder.  Should I?  Or is there anyother way to install plugins.

1. I believe there is an option in UnRAID to correct the permissions in docker images. I don't recall exactly where it is in the settings but it shouldn't be too hard to locate.

2. Short answer, you can't. The plugins would have to be packaged with docker. Long answer, you would have to get to the terminal in the docker image and install them in the docker image but the plugin would get wiped out any time there was an update to the image.

Thanks Bob.  On issue 1 is Docker Safe New Permissions what I should be looking for?

Regarding issue 2 - shouldn't there be a way for the docker image to pull plugins from the appdata folder?  I believe that I have other dockers that use a similar methodology.  Then they could be merged into the docker, or whatever, when the docker is updated.

26 minutes ago, wayner said:

Thanks Bob.  On issue 1 is Docker Safe New Permissions what I should be looking for?

Regarding issue 2 - shouldn't there be a way for the docker image to pull plugins from the appdata folder?  I believe that I have other dockers that use a similar methodology.  Then they could be merged into the docker, or whatever, when the docker is updated.

1. Yes, I believe that is it. Not sure if it will work for you but that's what I would try first. If not, you will have to manually locate the file and change permissions. We can help with that if needed.

2. Yes, depending on how it is set up. Typically, any configuration files are in the appdata folder and lie outside the docker image, but are virtually linked to it. Separating the config files from the actual program makes portability, backup, and other things easier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the plugins folder is located in the appdata folder in this docker. It is part of the main program within the docker image. That's just the way whomever made the docker image decided to do it. I'm willing to bet they did this so they could have control over which plugins are included and limit having to support a bunch of different plugins and users unfamiliar with how to properly set them up. 

Thanks.  There is an rutorrent folder in appdata and I believe that the plugins go in /rutorrent/plugins or more fully: /var/www/rutorrent/plugins

The plugin that I specifically want to see installed is geoip which shows the country name and flag as in the image below.  I don't know that there is even any config to do for this plugin.

geoip.png

(edit - To be honest, I am not sure anyone would NOT want this plugin.  Maybe we can have it made part of the core rutorrent docker?)

Edited by wayner

@wayner I use this script for copying whatever rutorrent plugins I want:

docker exec -it rutorrent cp -r /config/rutorrent/plugins /var/www/localhost/rutorrent/
exit

Just leave the plugins you want in /mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rutorrent/plugins, and call this script when the container is updated. It will copy over the plugins for you. Inconvenient, but works.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the following error when the rutorrent webUI starts up - this doesn't seem to be affecting the functionality.  Spectrogram is a plugin that is intended to show the spectrogram of audio files.  I have never used it and probably never will.  How do I delete it or does it have to be removed from the Docker image?

spectrogram: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can't access external program (sox).

3 hours ago, wayner said:

I am getting the following error when the rutorrent webUI starts up - this doesn't seem to be affecting the functionality.  Spectrogram is a plugin that is intended to show the spectrogram of audio files.  I have never used it and probably never will.  How do I delete it or does it have to be removed from the Docker image?

spectrogram: Plugin will not work. rTorrent user can't access external program (sox).

there's a PR just been merged to resolve this

Edited by sparklyballs
14 minutes ago, wayner said:

Thanks sparklyballs.  Following on a bit from my discussion a few weeks ago - is it possible to get the geoip plugin for rutorrent added to the docker image?  It seems to be in the main github repo for rutorrent located here:  https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/tree/master/plugins

me and the rest of the linuxserver team have clubbed together for an appointment with an optician for you lol

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 20.04.26.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I find that when I restart the container, any labels I have assigned torrents are removed. Is there something I'm missing? Does it only save data like this every so often?

edit: it looks like the above isn't saved instantly. I'm unsure of the interval, but when I left it alone for a few minutes and restarted, the labels, ratio, etc, saved.

Another, separate problem, likely not the problem of this container.

When downloading a torrent with only 1 file, it gets dumped into the main download folder. Is it possible to have every torrent created with a folder of its torrent name in the save path?

The reason I ask, is I'd like to automate the removal of torrents past a certain number of days with the ratio group set to "remove data (all)". The reason I want to use "remove data (all)" is so that it deletes unrarred contents as well.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Quiks

New question.

image.png.0201914beb5ba8861255a5a85d9d1571.png

The CPU indicator is showing 100% usage, but my processor is running at ~50%. I docker exec'd into the container and it doesn't seem to be showing high usage either.

Is this indicator not accurate or is there some underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

image.thumb.png.63ce010fa4b14b1e9b7b1ca06eeb17c1.png

image.png.e29d7cfa3fa10ccf572f3c63828a04e4.png

Docker stats doesn't show too much either

image.thumb.png.e317715a9732996818a962d125fad1d0.png

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Edited by Quiks
  • linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent