[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

Sorry, autotools is a plugin but it is a builtin plugin to rutorrent. A large set of the plugins for rutorrent are included and made by the same developer. As far as I know the plugins and rutorrent just interact with rtorrent when certain events happen. rtorrent as an extensive API that they use. Either autotools is not always telling rtorrent to move the files when it should or rtorrent is not always moving them when they should. My guess is on the former but I really don't know. Haven't cared to look too deeply at the code.

Ah, ok, see I saw the screen shots and was like I guess the unique u in utorrent translates to rutorrent for unraid purposes haha.

I installed rutorrent, but that's it, and when I click on web ui from my dashboard, it just sends me to the tower/main.  Even if I change the port to say like 93 instead of 80 (just a random port), I can't get to any web ui.  But is that because I need to also install rtorrent with rutorrent before rutorrents web ui functionality will work?

No you don't have to install anything else.  You have a configuration issue with your ports.  I have it set up in a bit of a non-standard way but you can the way that I do it. 

Change network type to br0.  Then you will have to set an IP address to an unused IP on your LAN and you may want to set it to an address that is outside of your DHCP range.  I use 192.168.1.240.  Then you can keep the port at 80 and it should work.  But make sure that the IP address that you use is on the subnet that you are using for your LAN - this is usually 192.168.0.X or 192.168.1.X

So when I change it to custom: br0 and set the ip to say 192.168.0.100 (because I don't have any subnets at the moment, everything is .0.x on my network, I can access the webui no problem.

But then when I go to connect it to say Radarr or Sonarr, I get errors and am unable to connect those to the rutorrent.  These are my settings.  Also, I'm really storry if I'm being annoying.  I'm slowly learning.  And I am attempting to google search the best I can on all of this.  This was so much easier on Windows haha.

Also, note the first SS says ports 8003.  I tried Sonarr and Radarr with that set to 8003 and 80 updating both Sonarr and Radarr to reflect which ever port I had rtorrent configured at.  I never set up to user name and password for rutorrent.  Could that be why it's not able to connect?  Though I don't understand the host part for Radarr.  Also, why is it deluge works as a bridge network type (as long as I don't use port 90), but rutorrent won't?

rtorrent1.jpg

rtorrent2.jpg

rtorrent3.jpg

rtorrent4.jpg

Edited by Meller
5 minutes ago, Meller said:

So when I change it to custom: br0 and set the ip to say 192.168.0.100 (because I don't have any subnets at the moment, everything is .0.x on my network, I can access the webui no problem.

But then when I go to connect it to say Radarr or Sonarr, I get errors and am unable to connect those to the rutorrent.  These are my settings.  Also, I'm really storry if I'm being annoying.  I'm slowly learning.  And I am attempting to google search the best I can on all of this.  This was so much easier on Windows haha.

Also, note the first SS says ports 8003.  I tried Sonarr and Radarr with that set to 8003 and 80 updating both Sonarr and Radarr to reflect which ever port I had rtorrent configured at.  I never set up to user name and password for rutorrent.  Could that be why it's not able to connect?  Though I don't understand the host part for Radarr.  Also, why is it deluge works as a bridge network type (as long as I don't use port 90), but rutorrent won't?

rtorrent1.jpg

rtorrent2.jpg

rtorrent3.jpg

rtorrent4.jpg

if you change a port change the host side only because nginx in the rutorrent container doesn't know you've changed the port and it listens on port 80 still

but if you change the host side only to say 8003 it will be mapped to port 80 in the container

I'm so mad (probably at myself, but I don't even know who or what I'm ad at), but I ended up just deleting the entire rutorrent docker all together.  reinstalled it.  Everything works flawlessly.  Everything is connecting.  It's working with a bridge connection instead of it's own IP. 

Thank you guys.  With your help, and my navigating, it was a learning experience.

37 minutes ago, Meller said:

It's working with a bridge connection instead of it's own IP.

This is the key to your frustration. When you assign a docker to have its own IP, it is no longer allowed to access the host unraid IP, so it can't connect to any bridged dockers. This is a security "feature."

It's assumed if you want 2 docker containers to talk to each other, they will either both have unique IP's, or both bridge to unraid's IP. No mixing.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

This is the key to your frustration. When you assign a docker to have its own IP, it is no longer allowed to access the host unraid IP, so it can't connect to any bridged dockers. This is a security "feature."

It's assumed if you want 2 docker containers to talk to each other, they will either both have unique IP's, or both bridge to unraid's IP. No mixing.

That's not quite true.

When a docker container gets its own IP, it can no longer talk to host unRAID on the same logical interface (network port). This is a security feature design by the Docker devs.

However, if you have an extra interface that is not bonded to the main interface, you can enable it with out assigning it an IP and use that interface for the docker container. This will then allow the docker container to reach the unRAID IP.

Edited by ken-ji
1 minute ago, ken-ji said:

That's not quite true.

When a docker container gets its own IP, it can no longer talk to host unRAID on the same logical interface (network port). This is a security feature design by the Docker devs.

However, if you have an extra interface that is not bonded to the main interface, you can enable it with out assigning it an IP and use that interface for the docker container. This will then allow the docker container to reach the unRAID IP.

Granted, but my point was that the way the poster was trying to do it wouldn't work.

Ok, new question.  Is there a way to set rtorrent so that it only downloads one "torrent" at a time, and everything else is just simply queued?  I don't see a torrent numbering system, nor do I see a queue system.

Also, does anyone know.  Does rtorrent do some sort of weird permissions to files it auto unpacks?  Sonarr and Radarr have no problem copying the files over to my Plex library once the download completes and rtorrent unpacks the rar files, but I for whatever reason can't delete the file that was unpacked.  Says I need permission from TOWER/Nobody.  I've tried this with my Torrents Share folder being public and secure... but I can't delete the file.

I'm doing this from Windows Explorer (Win 10) by the way.

Untitled.png

Edited by Meller

This automove issue is really annoying me atm. I just got this all to play nice with sonarr first 4 files everything went smoothly. moved from /incomplete to /complete. then all of a sudden no more files will get moved.... I have no idea why... Anyone managed to get this working as it should? or is there a way to set this in the rtorrent config file so it doesnt need to use a plugin?

chrome_2018-03-30_06-24-26.png

EDIT

Ok i seem to have figured out that for some reason it has now started to pause the torrents upon completion. which is resulting in them not being moved. I can manually restart them and they seem to be moving ok.... Any idea why this might be happening?

Edited by tazire
update
10 hours ago, tazire said:

This automove issue is really annoying me atm. I just got this all to play nice with sonarr first 4 files everything went smoothly. moved from /incomplete to /complete. then all of a sudden no more files will get moved.... I have no idea why... Anyone managed to get this working as it should? or is there a way to set this in the rtorrent config file so it doesnt need to use a plugin?

chrome_2018-03-30_06-24-26.png

EDIT

Ok i seem to have figured out that for some reason it has now started to pause the torrents upon completion. which is resulting in them not being moved. I can manually restart them and they seem to be moving ok.... Any idea why this might be happening?

I've had that issue for a while. Mine doesn't pause the torrents but half of them just never get moved. I think it's just a bug. I've brought it up on the rutorrent github but the dev never seems to respond to anything. I ended up just turning the automove off. It creates more of an issue for me to have completed torrents in two different folders than it does to have complete and incomplete torrents mixed.

Although, as I write this, I wonder if the check hash on completion setting might have something to do with it not moving. I think I'll play around with that.

7 hours ago, bobbintb said:

I've had that issue for a while. Mine doesn't pause the torrents but half of them just never get moved. I think it's just a bug. I've brought it up on the rutorrent github but the dev never seems to respond to anything. I ended up just turning the automove off. It creates more of an issue for me to have completed torrents in two different folders than it does to have complete and incomplete torrents mixed.

Although, as I write this, I wonder if the check hash on completion setting might have something to do with it not moving. I think I'll play around with that.

Yea tbh i just found it very strange that literally the first 4 torrents worked perfectly and since then 0 torrents move. It gives the appearance that the torrents pause on completion because if i right click and start them manually again they get moved.

EDIT

Ok upon checking again it appears that alot of the torrents have now moved... however sonarr and CP no longer copy them to my media shares like they did at the start.... I can manually import with sonarr but that is not exactly ideal really... 

Do you find it works more seemlessly not using the automove? main reason i want to use it is that CP or sonarr was moving files that had stalled and that hadnt fully completed. 

Edited by tazire
On 3/30/2018 at 5:11 PM, tazire said:

Do you find it works more seemlessly not using the automove? main reason i want to use it is that CP or sonarr was moving files that had stalled and that hadnt fully completed.

It wasn't that it was more seamless. I've never had an issue with Sonarr moving files. My issue was purely organizational. I'd loose track of things with complete and incomplete torrents intermingled. That why I wanted automove, to know this folder had completed stuff, this had incomplete. But since it was only moving some of the things, well, it actually made keeping track of things worse. I haven't run enough tests to be certain but for my situation, it does seem that the reason many of my torrents were not being moved to the completed folder after download was because of the hash check, like I had suspected. Probably a timing issue between moving after download complete and hash check after download complete. Whether it moved to /complete or stayed in /incomplete, Sonarr never had any problem finding it.

I didn't take a close look at your screenshot before. rtorrent isn't pausing your torrents, it's queuing them (also why they eventually moved). I'm not sure exactly what the issue you had with the automove was but this doesn't seem to have to do with it. Your automove looks like it's working fine. You just have to go into the rtorrent settings and change it to allow more simultaneous downloads ("number of download slots", under the "connections" section). Even still, that shouldn't mess anything up with Sonarr. If the download is queued or paused, or even stopped, Sonnar will just leave it there until it is done. I'm not quite sure what the issue you are having is now because it looks like some of your assumptions were wrong. What is it that is happening and what is it that you would like to happen?

Edited by bobbintb

Hi!

I have been using Deluge for 2-3 years now, but I am facing some weird problems and I think I will make the switch.

I just need a few fast answers

1) Can I schedule normal/throttled/paused weekly timetable?

2) Can I set seed time per tracker?

3) Does it unzip zipped downloads? Or how to you get your couchpotato/sonarr pull the zipped files?

That's all I need i think

Thanks!

4 hours ago, karateo said:

Hi!

I have been using Deluge for 2-3 years now, but I am facing some weird problems and I think I will make the switch.

I just need a few fast answers

1) Can I schedule normal/throttled/paused weekly timetable?

2) Can I set seed time per tracker?

3) Does it unzip zipped downloads? Or how to you get your couchpotato/sonarr pull the zipped files?

That's all I need i think

Thanks!

1. Yes

2. Not sure. They do have ratio groups but I'm not sure if you can do it on a per tracker level. Of course you definitely can do it with some kind of scripting if you are determined enough.

3. Yes

1. Yes
2. Not sure. They do have ratio groups but I'm not sure if you can do it on a per tracker level. Of course you definitely can do it with some kind of scripting if you are determined enough.
3. Yes
Thanks!
Installing now to set it up.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I have a small problem.

I can't change settings through webgui. There are being lost when I restart the docker.

Not all of them.

For example ratio groups are being saved but opened ports are not.

Any idea?

It's a fresh install with a fresh appdata folder.

1 hour ago, karateo said:

I have a small problem.

I can't change settings through webgui. There are being lost when I restart the docker.

Not all of them.

For example ratio groups are being saved but opened ports are not.

Any idea?

It's a fresh install with a fresh appdata folder.

Some changes need to be MANUALLY made to the rtorrent.rc file in your appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/rtorrent/config folder in order to survive the container restart.

31 minutes ago, karateo said:

1) So the webgui does not work properly?

For example Settings -> Connection tab

2) How can I guess which settings are being saved and which not?!?!?

it works as it should given the limitations of the actual webui itself 

https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/wiki#some-non-obvious-points

2nd point there

and it is mentioned here in the github repo linked in the OP (this is a quick link to the relevant section)

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-rutorrent#setting-up-the-application

Sorry my bad!

I checked first post and also tried to check if permissions were right but didn't think that there would be such a limitation of an old/mature torrent downloader!

I started reading the rtorrent wiki which is massive!

I did the first changes (ports, DHT=off and download/upload rate). Any suggestions anyone?

I see that the subfolders completed, incoming and watched are created.

Obviously I should set sonarr and couchpotato track completed folder right?

With deluge I was using "copy" method and I was "cleaning" deluge and completed folder when I was running out of space in cache drive.

Is there any better method here? Do hardlinks work?

On 4/4/2018 at 12:16 PM, karateo said:

With deluge I was using "copy" method and I was "cleaning" deluge and completed folder when I was running out of space in cache drive.

Is there any better method here? Do hardlinks work?

Are you talking about the Sonarr setting to use hardlink instead of copy? Yes, that works fine.

Edited by bobbintb

rTorrent keeps changing it's upload and download limits.  It keeps defaulting to like 4.8Mbps upload and 9.7Mbps download. 

I constantly keep changing it to unlimited, but every couple of days when I check on it, I see that it's went back to it's default limits. 

I went into settings > Connection > Global Bandwidth Limit and changed Upload/Download to 0 (for unlimited).  Why does it keep changing back? 

Edited by Meller
  • linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent