[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

I've run into an issue with permissions in my ruTorrent AutoWatch folder. I have a script on my laptop that uploads all .torrent files in a specific directory to the ruTorrent AutoWatch folder on my server. However, I noticed that ruTorrent was not adding these torrents and upon closer examination I noticed that the extension of each file was being changed after upload, from .torrent to .torrent.fail. My thought is that this must be a result of the file permissions and ownership. The uploaded files have 644 permissions and are owned by root:root, so I'm assuming that this is the issue and the files cannot be executed by ruTorrent (with the default user:group nobody:users).

So, I was wondering if someone can give me advice for adding a script or something to automatically chmod all files added to this specific directory to 755 and chown to nobody:users? I looked into doing this and saw someone mention using an incron job, but I don't really know how to do that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by zandrsn
updated
On 1/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, zandrsn said:

I've run into an issue with permissions in my ruTorrent AutoWatch folder.

In case anyone runs into the same issue, I solved this problem with inotifywait by creating a User Script that runs at the startup of the array. Here is the script:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -x /tmp/watchy ]; then
  rm -rf /tmp/watchy
fi
while inotifywait  -e create -o /tmp/watchy --format %w%f  /mnt/cache/Downloads/watched
do
  found=$( tail -n1 /tmp/watchy | grep -E '.torrent$' ) && chown nobody:users $found && chmod 0755 $found
done

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Probably a noob question but...

So I am using the linuxserver/rutorrent image and the rutorrent web UI works great. However, is there any way to pull up the CLI interface for rTorrent? Sometimes I end up needing to run specific commands through the CLI interface. I haven't figured out how to do that with this docker image.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, crabbyapple said:

Hi,

Probably a noob question but...

So I am using the linuxserver/rutorrent image and the rutorrent web UI works great. However, is there any way to pull up the CLI interface for rTorrent? Sometimes I end up needing to run specific commands through the CLI interface. I haven't figured out how to do that with this docker image.

Thanks!

I don't use this but you can get to the command line inside any docker by clicking on its icon in the webUI and selecting >_Console

12 hours ago, d2dyno said:

You can also get in from SSH with 'docker exec -it rutorrent /bin/bash'. From there, you can access the rtorrent instance with 'screen -r'. To leave detach from screen while leaving rtorrent running, do 'CTRL+a+d'

Is that right? Swear the couple times I've done it in the past it was tmux. Or did it get changed at some point? 

1 hour ago, deusxanime said:

Didn't realize I was in lsio's thread!

You can always be sure you go to the right support thread by simply clicking on the docker icon in the Unraid webUI and selecting Support. You can also get to a support thread from the Apps page by clicking on the support link for a particular docker or plugin.

22 hours ago, trurl said:

You can always be sure you go to the right support thread by simply clicking on the docker icon in the Unraid webUI and selecting Support. You can also get to a support thread from the Apps page by clicking on the support link for a particular docker or plugin.

Well I'm just subscribed to a bunch of threads and saw the discussion. Wasn't looking for any specific support myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I can't seem to modify any of my settings in my Rutorrent instance, with none of them persisting after container restart or update.

I tried to modify the downloads directory from "/downloads/incoming" to JUST "/downloads/" and to keep the port as one specific port and not a random one.

Whenever I restart the container, the modified settings NEVER take effect.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Thanks,

urbanracer34

7 hours ago, urbanracer34 said:

Hi.

I can't seem to modify any of my settings in my Rutorrent instance, with none of them persisting after container restart or update.

I tried to modify the downloads directory from "/downloads/incoming" to JUST "/downloads/" and to keep the port as one specific port and not a random one.

Whenever I restart the container, the modified settings NEVER take effect.

Thanks,

urbanracer34

Yes, it happens to me also.

The only workaround I found is to edit the configuration file (rtorrent.rc) located in (\\tower\appdata\rutorrent\rtorrent)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 9:30 PM, memphisto said:

Last week (i think after rebase to alpine 3.9) i noticed randomly high cpu utilization - its fixed by restarting docker.

I still have the same problem. Rstarting the container solves the problem temporarily. After a ahile it starts hitting the CPU again.

Edited by andreidelait
23 hours ago, xD3CrypTionz said:

So in reply to my previous comment here are my settings of the docker and whenever I add a torrent it gets stuck on queuing.

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

I had this issue when selecting a ratio, such as ratio0, ratio1, etc. Do not select a ratio, leave it set to no ratio. That may help, also I would check what your upload and downloads slots are set to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting an error in rutorrent (the web gui) in the log since the latest update to the container image.

[07.04.2019 12:10:09] WebUI started.

[07.04.2019 12:10:09] cloudflare: Cant load cfscrape, python

[04/07/2019 12:10:10] Python Not Found

Can you help me? 

Thanks,

urbanracer34

Edited by urbanracer34
6 hours ago, urbanracer34 said:

I'm getting an error in rutorrent (the web gui) in the log since the latest update to the container image.

[07.04.2019 12:10:09] WebUI started.

[07.04.2019 12:10:09] cloudflare: Cant load cfscrape, python

[04/07/2019 12:10:10] Python Not Found

Can you help me? 

Thanks,

urbanracer34

I am also getting the same thing.

Now I am getting

[08.04.2019 20:16:19] WebUI started.

[08.04.2019 20:16:19] _task: Plugin will not work. Webserver user can't access external program (pgrep).

[08.04.2019 20:16:19] create: Plugin will not work. It requires plugin(s) _task

[08.04.2019 20:16:20] unpack: Plugin will not work. It requires plugin(s) _task

[08.04.2019 20:16:20] mediainfo: Plugin will not work. It requires plugin(s) _task

[08.04.2019 20:16:20] screenshots: Plugin will not work. It requires plugin(s) _task

[08.04.2019 20:16:20] spectrogram: Plugin will not work. It requires plugin(s) _task

I reverted back to :2fce6c70-ls25 and all is working now. Something with the new update today broke _task for me.

Edited by ugp

Does anyone know why the webgui doesn't work for me in Chrome while it works in MS Edge? It's not critical, but I'd rather not run Edge.

Edit: Also how do I get it to save the settings. The speed limit on downloads is particularly annoying to have to reset each time.

Edited by crazygambit
  • linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent