[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

I also 

18 hours ago, ugp said:

Now I am getting

I reverted back to :2fce6c70-ls25 and all is working now. Something with the new update today broke _task for me.

I also have the same anomalies with 3 workstations using this image since a few updates. Not that big of an issue since as you quoted, one just have to revert back for now.

1 hour ago, crazygambit said:

Does anyone know why the webgui doesn't work for me in Chrome while it works in MS Edge? It's not critical, but I'd rather not run Edge.

Edit: Also how do I get it to save the settings. The speed limit on downloads is particularly annoying to have to reset each time.

No idea about your chrome/edge thing. But for your settings, you have to edit them manually directly into \config\rutorrent\rtorrent.rc in order for (most of) them to stick. 

Edited by Johnito
On 4/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, wupatki said:

Uh What happened to Unpack? It no longer their nor do I see it in settings. It was there a couple of updates ago and now gone. 

Also wondering this, anyone know? To note it had stopped working for me recently anyway, despite being ticked, it stopped unpacking...

I'm having an issue where restarting the docker makes the save path column go blank. The only way I can seem to get it to properly show is by individually clicking on each torrent and click "save to" before it recognizes the save path and populating the column. It wouldn't be much of an issue if I could highlight multiple or all torrents and do that, but it only updates if I click save to one torrent at a time

b3tpjBq.png

On 4/25/2019 at 7:27 AM, J89eu said:

Also wondering this, anyone know? To note it had stopped working for me recently anyway, despite being ticked, it stopped unpacking...

look back like 3 posts on how to roll back.  Something in the latest release(s) removed unpack portion of the settings.

Also for those that want to roll back DO NOT copy/paste that tag into Repository, type it in.  Copy/Paste (at least for me) broke this docker.  Clearly something was getting captured in the copy.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2019 at 6:38 PM, bobokun said:

Is anyone familiar with coding rtorrent? I would like to create a cron script that will delete the torrent and data for unregistered torrents. This is a sample code I found but I don't think it deletes the data, just the torrent file. Anyone know how I would modify this to delete data as well? Thanks

https://gist.github.com/onedr0p/8170117d43873c18c34139b7c5904c14

Have you tried it yet? It looks like it deletes it to me.

15 hours ago, bobbintb said:

I used the same port as the webui, 90 in my case.

I tried that and I'm getting errors. Are you using plugin Userscripts to execute the script? At the beginning of the script did you put #!/usr/bin/python? I'm wondering if there is anything else that I missed.

What version of python are you using?

Edited by bobokun
On 4/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, wupatki said:

Uh What happened to Unpack? It no longer their nor do I see it in settings. It was there a couple of updates ago and now gone. 

For me I noticed it was disabled due to the "_task" plugin also being disabled. I reverted to ":2fce6c70-ls25 " as ugp mentioned previously and it fixed the issue.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, ugp said:

Edit the Docker and under "Repository:" add a previous version such as ":2fce6c70-ls25"
Final looking like "linuxserver/rutorrent:2fce6c70-ls25" in the space.

You can find versions on the DockerHub here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/rutorrent/tags

4 hours ago, anderbak said:

Regarding the failed plugins - refer to github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-rutorrent/issues/112

Previous users experiencing this issue need to edit their config as per github or create a new image (new image worked for me).

Issue shouldn't affect new users - same as creating new image.

I added the lines as stated in the config.php and I was able to go to the newest version of the docker and all works fine now. Thanks for the heads up.

Recently picked up unRaid again and I have everything up and running good with the exception of ruTorrent.  Torrents don't seem to download.  They are just at the Queued status.  I've checked the storage and I can see the folder and the files being created for the torrents I am trying to download, but the transfer never actually starts.  Any idea?  I've gone through this thread, and there were talks about permission issues.  I'm not sure if that is it or not.  Would really appreciate some help!  Thanks!

On 3/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, memphisto said:

Last week (i think after rebase to alpine 3.9) i noticed randomly high cpu utilization - its fixed by restarting docker.
Is this a problem for anyone else?

From my last post i try to latest version and after 5 hours i still get high cpu utilization. If I make the downgrade tag linuxserver/rutorrent:1fcd6618-ls15 cpu utilization it's fine. Any ideas?

On 5/12/2019 at 5:28 AM, bobokun said:

I tried that and I'm getting errors. Are you using plugin Userscripts to execute the script? At the beginning of the script did you put #!/usr/bin/python? I'm wondering if there is anything else that I missed.

What version of python are you using?

I haven't used that script but I've used curl in a bash script to send those same commands to it and it deletes it and removes it. What is the error you are getting?

On 5/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, surfshack66 said:

Any particular reason this container is ignoring configuration defined in rtorrent.rc? Despite setting variables in the rc file, this container defaults the global max upload and download rates.

You edited the rc file directly? If so, not sure why that wouldn't work.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, icepik said:

Recently picked up unRaid again and I have everything up and running good with the exception of ruTorrent.  Torrents don't seem to download.  They are just at the Queued status.  I've checked the storage and I can see the folder and the files being created for the torrents I am trying to download, but the transfer never actually starts.  Any idea?  I've gone through this thread, and there were talks about permission issues.  I'm not sure if that is it or not.  Would really appreciate some help!  Thanks!

Usually that's an issue with the directory not being accessible by rutorrent but if it is creating the files in the folder, it may be a permissions issue as you said. Have you tried checking the permissions?

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent